1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would love to meet you!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have been seeing something at the ocean the last couple of weeks that is so special.

A man and woman have 2 boys. The older boy - about 15yo is my guess. He seems to be paralysed from the waist down. They wheel him down to the beach on the sand and to the water's edge in a stroller type thing that has balloon wheels.

they get him out of the stroller and in the water and he gets himself on a surf board using his elbows/arms. His parents take him out into the surf and the waves and turn him around. Sometimes they just paddle him back to shore ....but other times - the Dad stands on the board and gets his son in a standing position in front of him and surfs him back in. They all take turns paddling and splashing around and have the best time.

It is so heartwarming to watch.....it brings tears to our eyes to see people making the very best of a heartbreaking situation.

This family has so much joy and love and positive energy ..... and we feel so grateful to watch all this in action.

Phosphene, Lahelada and drezy like this.
  3. Anne V

Anne V Gold

maybe the 11th depending where you are would you fancy meeting.?
    it seems everybody loves Barcelona .
    Carole and Nick are around Manchester area.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have tickets for a football game on the 11th ....and leave Manchester area on the 12th for Scotland.

Maybe you need to come to Australia........we have a guest room and live 10 minutes from fantastic beaches!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I want to keep track of some things from our travels.....

Today we are staying in a different airb&b.....this is what is on the wall permanently in their kitchen ....

“LIFE isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass...

It’s about learning to DANCE in the rain”

Phosphene likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

More thoughts....
    We were in Ireland last week. The weather is cool, rainy, not much sunshine....
    But..
    There is a gorgeous promenade along Galway Bay .....and people are swimming in the ocean. It is about 13c!

For days I have been wondering what all this travel is doing to our redox. Before we left home we really doubled down on tons of ocean time and as much sun as we could get.

We were sitting on a bench overlooking the bay when a young woman stopped and asked me if I was cold. I had shorts and a T-shirt and sandals on.
    I said that I prefer to be cold etc.
    It turns out that she swims every morning in the bay. I was so impressed ....but really because of her attitude.

This is where she lives. She loves it. She is very passionate about her life and just embraces it ....all of it!

How wonderful to just embrace our circumstances ....all of them, and make changes where necessary.

When this young woman needs sun ....she takes a 2 hour flight and soaks it up.

I love their passion for their life ...they are very involved in the well being of their country and politics. We learned really early to stay away from discussions about politics!

We are at a loss tho because we know so little about this beautiful country....we need to change that.

There is a certain intelligence, I think, to totally embrace where you are in your life.

This young woman said to me “I love it here and so why not make the best of all the opportunities that my environment affords me”

I observed that most people here are quite lightly dressed even tho it is cold and damp. Last Sunday there was hundreds of people swimming in Galway Bay.

Back in Oz ....our friends think we are nuts to wear shorts and T-shirt and swim in 18c ocean. Everybody is huddled under layers of sweaters and hoodies and hats and track pants.

The joke in our neighbourhood is that I don’t own a sweater or long pants!

Is it all the adversity that the people of Ireland have endured that makes them stronger ...both mentally and physically?

It seems to me that they don’t settle ....they just keep moving forward.

A sign in an Irish pub ....God gave us beer ....that proves he loves us and wants us to have fun!

Lahelada, Anne V, drezy and 2 others like this.
  7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I was at a cafe on the weekend. I was the only that sat on the patio in the fall cold.. without socks and shoes. I shivered as I chilled and journaled. People couldn’t figure it out...

Love it.

caroline, Lahelada and Phosphene like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Doing things others don't understand and expect is how we redefine how we will think in our futures.......

Cultivate the habit of defining, refining, redefining and redeeming your opportunities in any small way today. A failure is a temporal event, not a permanent trademark on a person. Wounds create wisdom.

Phosphene, caroline and MITpowered26 like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess that is what I really wanted to say .....keep refining and redefining and redeeming our opportunities.

Opportunities are all around us ....we need to be open to it all.

Take the blinkers off ....have a look around!

The young woman I spoke about above ....her Mom is 75 and swims everyday, all year in Galway Bay. How’s that for some serious C/t!

Phosphene, Anne V and Cuffy like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don’t really get why some folks here are bothered by what others think....

We love all the possibilities of being different, being unique ....doing what is best for us....exploring it all.

11. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

I agree ^^^

upload_2019-9-11_14-17-53.jpeg

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  12. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Enjoy your travels... sounds like an amazing adventure! :)

Anne V likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thank you.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is an adventure to be sure .....but we could do without the horribly long plane flight from Oz. I thought we would be able to get some sleep but that didn’t happen.
    Oddly, we are sleeping very well even tho we are in a different place every couple of days.
    two nites in Dublin we slept great ...in spite of serious nnEMF
    2 nites in Manchester ....slept great.
    We are finding this hard to explain.....but are grateful.

Crap things keep happening .....Tony’s new phone died just before we left home. He had loaded all the banking and trip apps etc. his phone has most of out contacts at home.

Landing in Dublin Tony discovered his return Visa has expired ....even tho he is a U.K. resident and also an Australian resident. It took a couple of hours on line and $699.00 to straighten that out.

A few days after arriving here a friend messaged us to enquire if we are all right. Apparently our town was under immediate fire threat. The national park surrounding us was burning out of control. Apparently fire fighters from all over did an amazing job and no homes were lost.

I guess that’s life......

In spite of all of this we are sleeping better than ever! Go figure....

We have the important things .....each other and our sense of humour.

We are heading for the west coast of Scotland today .....and we are going to be outside as much as possible. We are going to put a lot of miles on our new hiking boots!

And eat seafood for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Anne V, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Wouldn’t you know ....our hire car which is almost brand new has broken down so we are sitting at a service centre waiting for assistance....could be a couple of hours.

This is the weirdest trip I have ever been on!

One thing I keep thinking about, which is very, very sad, the thing that has caused the biggest headache for so many reasons is the fact that Tony’s phone died before we left home.

Even the fact that our home could have burnt to the ground while we are away ....took 2nd Place.

That is a very sad commentary on our life these days.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

We finally arrived at 10pm at our new Airb&b in Scotland. It is simply amazing.

It was the Robertson jam people’s family home. It has been split into two gorgeous apartments with 12foot ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. Our bathroom has a floor to ceiling stained glass window.

It is so lovely. We have a 4 poster bed and beautiful bed linens and the host is about to prepare us a Scottish cooked breakfast.

Every cloud does have a silver lining .....indeed

Life is only what we make of it.....and the sun is shining brightly in Scotland - Yay

17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hey, did you think about contacting amazing @ScottishEmma ? I wonder if she’s there for the summer?

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Actually no ....I didn’t even think of it.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Another wrinkle today ......we are wondering why we left home....

We were told when Tony became an Australian citizen he could still use his EU passport to travel since it was pretty new.

Now it turns out that the airline might not let him board our return flight to Oz .

It cost us $699.00 for that info!

20. Inger

Inger Silver

OMG Caroline... your seriously have a trip full of surprises...uh!
    You can always come to my place if you want and you are around the corner of north germany :) :) Food and living for free :) as long as you want or need! Oysters as much as you want too ;)
    It is not big but if you are okay with simple living...

((hugs))

Anne V, Phosphene and MITpowered26 like this.