1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

And now you are on the move ! You are an example to us all. Now enjoy.

caroline likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

moving really is the pits! I am positive boxes multiply!

change really is hard ........but there is so many positives.

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Caroline,you are a star ! :thumbsup:

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wish ....thanks tho

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

we are two weeks into our new home and environment ........no TV and very limited computer time. My sleep is so much better.

We are inside too much trying to make this place resemble a home and shopping for things we need......but soon it will be a little more comfortable and most of the boxes will have disappeared.

We hope to be on the road with our new camper by the end of the month......and just enjoying mother nature.

It has been a very stressful few months .........but at the end of the day our life is so positive and we can't wait for what lies ahead........

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

a little bit of an update.........

We have fully come to realise that our new home chose us .....rather than the other way around!

When folks ask us how we came to be here - we really don't have an answer. We had passed thru a few times and liked it. We knew that we had to go further north - following the sun ....... At a single moment in time we fell in love with this place and this home. All of it took place in the space of a few minutes.

It has't been easy - bit of a rocky road at times and so much work to make it happen.

Jack's Vermont talk is about having skin in the game ..... I have almost always taken that to mean in a monetary as well as emotional way.

It seems we are very invested in all of this - so to do the best we could ......have skin in the game ......our instincts completely took over.

We seem to get gifts every single day........we are fully invested in stretching ourselves to the max.

We are getting kayaks [we are surrounded by water] ......at my age?????? yikes! ....can't wait!

Tony has a ukulele and I am getting one next week ...and we have joined a music group.

We play lawn bowls twice a week ..... outside in the sun - what's not to love?!

We sit at the ocean and watch the sun rise and then swim in the rock pool and walk in the surf and collect shells. Maxed out on meditation here!

We are so lucky for so many reasons .........I sometimes wonder how we got so lucky when so many people are struggling.

We definitely have skin in the game ...literally and figuratively.

Every morning we walk in shorts and a tank top .......skin in the game. Everyone always asks "aren't you cold????"

........and they tell us that it is too cold to go in the ocean now [it is 19c] we will get chilled to the core and get sick. We sometimes mention C/T - and some are very interested. A Woman we have come to know and love tells her swimming/exercise classes about C/T now!

We are absolutely thriving in this place that chose us...........we have skin in the game! Our instincts totally took over and so many disparate things fell into place.

We never once thought that we are/were dreaming too big or stretching way too far. When I look back - I don't know where all that came from - how we had that much nerve or hutzpah or whatever you might call it.

So many things had to fall into place to make all this happen ......and here I am writing to you - sitting on our verandah ....overlooking oyster channel!

Alex97232, Jenelle, JanSz and 7 others like this.
  7. Nice work Caroline and update :):):)

caroline likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Brent ....how are you doing?

9. Been good Caroline will PM you next few days :):):)

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was just reading back a bit in my journal ......page 104 ....lots and lots of wisdom from Dr. K.

It is great to look back at your journal and see progress ..... and pain too.

What a fantastic learning curve this has been. I started this journey alone - way back when .......and now I have a wonderfully supportive partner to continue this journey.....

We are now living in a new home and new area pretty much surrounded by water and bush .....much farther north so way more sun.

We don't watch TV .....well, except for the world cup! .... and we are off all electronics as much as possible.

We are still definitely a work in progress ......life is good.

Keep moving forward and reap all of Mother Nature's benefits.

We have discovered how important friendships are ......I don't know why things are different here - but they surely are.

We are out in the sunshine and the ocean as much as possible. Everyone we meet says "you live here????" you have seen the light!

I can never remember exactly the things that Jack says are so important to a mitochrondriac.....

sun
    water
    grounding
    friendships
    love

Everyday it becomes clearer and clearer how important these simple things are....

Alex97232, Phosphene, drezy and 4 others like this.
  11. So Happy for you guys ...excellent decision you both made regarding location.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just want to save this here.....

“There is no passion to be found in playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”

—Nelson Mandela

capable is the operable word .....how do we really know how capable we are if we don't give it a go?

No matter how scared we are to try something that we think is totally out of our realm of possibility.

No matter how insignificant we feel, we must reach ....and then reach some more.

It is so completely awesome to accomplish something that you never dreamt possible .....and then reach even further!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was listening to Keith Urban on the radio the other day - he will be touring in Australia 2019.

He talked about something a friend said to him .......DON'T LET ANYONE BLOCK YOUR SHINE!!!

I have been loving this so much...... imagine all the truth in those few simple words?

We all shine ...unless people in our life block us. It really is necessary to detach from people who limit or block our shine.

How sad [and completely stupid] for us when we allow people to degrade our one and only life..

Jill A., Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

[​IMG] ....I couldn't even find my journal

something I need to remember always...........

Jenny S, Christine_L, Rocky and 3 others like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes!!! :love: :love: :love:

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

yesterday we were sitting on a park bench at the ocean having our picnic lunch. this is a beautiful area in this little town by the sea. A lady drove by on her scooter and stopped to chat. We thought she may be in her 80's but it turns out she is 93. She is bright as a button and she had a santa hat on! She had just been to a fundraiser lunch to raise money for needy people.

She was so lovely and happy and just brimming with life and love. It was such a blessing for us to have a little chat with her and receive all that positive energy and joy from her.

Christine_L, Inger, drezy and 4 others like this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

I think you just met Mrs. Claus!

I'm glad you looked up from your mobile twitter feed.

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't have a mobile twitter feed .........should I? I can't even cope with FB!

This morning at our sunrise beach ritual - I stopped to talk to a lady I always see there. She walks the beach one way and then runs back. She also runs up and down the stairs a bunch of times........and then ........

A bunch of them swim to the next beach and then back. They do this every morning at 9:00am - all year. round.

She has been doing this for years .....she would be in her 60's.

I need to get her to take her sun glasses off .......

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

a little update .....

we are well into an Aussie summer here and I am shocked everyday to see little kids who are absolutely white. I am thinking that parents must spatula on their sun block.

Beautiful little children who should be at the ocean au natural .......and having the time of their life.

A lot of pure white adults too .......do they ever go outside??????????

on the other hand we see young people and seniors at the ocean at sunrise! there is quite a few of us now who walk in the surf and play in the waves.

Tony always greets them with "hard day at the office Mate! someone has to do it!"

20. drezy

drezy Gold

That's gold.

caroline likes this.