1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Wow, Caroline. That was an emotional read. Thank you so much for sharing. A good friend of mine has just found love again after her husband passed from cancer three years ago. Love is a truly special thing that despite all the shittiness in the world we are so blessed to experience.

I'm so happy to hear that you are happy with your partner and able to share your passions. That's so wonderful. :)

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry Emma - I should warn people before entering!

3. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

No need to apologise!! It's lovely

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  4. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Very happy to hear Caroline!

caroline likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thank you Rocky. How are you doing?

6. endless

endless New Member

Lovely post Audrey.....so happy you've been able to honour your husband's memory and still find love in your present. :thumbsup: Tony seems like a really special person and worthy of you, another very special person!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Krista - so glad you have popped in! How are you doing???

Thank you so much for your kind words - I so appreciate it.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I decided to start the leptin reset last week ....I have been skirting around this for way to long! It is time to get down to business!

I am loving my BAB - altho that is the part I was least looking forward too.
    It really is the holy grail of this RX.

I have been re listening to lots of webinars - so much I have lost focus on - I need to shape up .....literally and figuratively.

Dr. K. has remained steadfast in all these protocols - of course he has brought lots of new information and expanded on stuff when we [women] struggled.

Looking back over the last year - I lost sight of the important components ......

BAB - within 30 minutes of rising
    leaving 4 hours between meals and at least that before bedtime
    ABSOLUTELY NO SNACKING - no calories what so ever between meals
    lots of good water

and of course - lots and lots of sunlight and grounding.

yesterday I had a BAB at 7:30am - outside sitting on the grass. I ate a small lunch of shrimp 1:30pm ......and then I didn't eat again until 7:30 this morning. I was not remotely hungry - only thirsty.

My biggest mistakes this past year .....not eating in the morning and then sipping on a BPC all during the day and snacking on fruit and cheese. Nothing too terrible - but I was consuming some calories all day long. Of course some times I would crash and burn.

The thing is - I was hungry all the time ....like really hungry - so always struggling. Tony would continuously comment on how could I possibly gain weight when I ate very little ????

I did so well on the reset the first time but I have lost focus this past year or so. I have thought it was because I am doing so much more cooking and just getting sloppy. Tony can eat pretty much anything. He spends a lot of time working outside, never eats between meals and his body is working properly. Mine - not so much.

Now that I am having a BAB - I feel in complete control ...and no hunger all the time!

My inflammation is subsiding and no cravings for fruit all day long.

Also too many vegetables were doing me in and too much fruit - I have never digested broccoli etc, very well.

I am going with a lettuce leaf now and then - for now anyway. Dr. K. says we don't really need carbs .........

It is spring here now and we have a fantastic crop of blueberries this year - first time since I have been here. Now I just have a few if I feel like it with my BAB.

I have no more bloating all the time ....and being in control is the absolute icing on the cake!

One question ....... is a BPC a good idea or not? I am having a weak brewed decaf with coconut oil and kerry gold butter while I make my BAB.

I did a BPC the first reset and used it as a means to get good fat. In one of the webinars- probably the leptin RX - Dr. K. mentioned it wasn't such a good idea - but I don't know if he qualified it later - I was multi tasking and maybe missed it. I need to re listen.

I am assuming it is the caffeine that is not a good idea? especially is you have adrenal issues etc.

I have also forgotten the huge connection between the leptin reset and C/T. I always take cold showers and then sit outside in the sun to dry off.

Last reset I did C/T but then switched to the ocean - so much more enjoyable for so many reasons.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Cheryl., Lahelada, Alex97232 and 4 others like this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I so see what you mean Caroline! It is so easy to get distracted away from ones personal truth because of others! Especially partners..... when they can eat and do stuff we cant....

For me dairy is not good at all on the long haul... And I do best on very simple foods, like green salad with plenty of raw oysters on the side! Or lambs heart gently fried medium rare.. or any raw seafood or meat.. or raw lamb lung smoothie! I know not fancy and does not taste good but man it makes me FEEL good :) :)

I think all the pasteurized butter in BPC is not good, and also not too much coffee anyways! That would be me, at least...
    I just reread Jacks Epi Paleo book and he writes about certain haplotypes and genetic mutations (often nordic people) that should avoid all dairy! That must be me...lol

The problem is, I do not get big issues, just a little stuffed nose maybe or other minor things.. but those are signs...

We need to never forget that we are women, more sensible and might need different things than men :) :love:

caroline and Sheddie like this.
  10. Inger

Inger Silver

if I do BPC it is so delicious it is easy to have way too much! So I do not do it. And easy to use it for food replacement... Not good! When I drink my coffee black, I drink way less and just sip on it a little here and there, I cant drink too much of it. Or too fast :)

caroline likes this.
  11. Stella

Stella New Member

So glad that you are doing a leptin reset. It's so good to have a forum to discuss our experiences because we learn from each other's successes. Fortunately we don't have to go thru trial and error because we have all the scientific data to back up this way of life.

Leptin resistance goes hand in hand with hyperinsulinemia. If you don't deal with leptin you will never get the other part fixed, thus weight gain and low energy levels. This is what the medical profession does not address. They all go by those stupid algorithms put out by the AACE. I've always wanted to ask physicians how prescribing metformin deals with the underlying problem of hyperinsulinemia. No unfortunately I could not ask those questions or many others. That's why I could confidently tell physicians that diabetes is a progressive disease and their patients would end up on my expensive medications. This is why the pharma industry is harvesting all of us as unwise consumers.

So you are discovering once again the basis to reversing weight gain, diabetes and so many other diseases. Fix your leptin resistance and you will fix so many other things. Jack has set out a path for all of us. It didn't take long for me the first time I did the leptin resistance protocol. Hopefully you will get the same results.

caroline likes this.
  12. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hi Caroline--Remember, "You go girl?" Well, You go girl!!! You have been such a great coach to all of us. Thank you.

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are right Inger - I was using a BPC as a meal replacement. Now I just have a weak one with mostly coconut oil and a little butter. I am enjoying it so much with my BAB and no ill effects so far.
    I too love to eat very simply - raw steak and shrimp and salmon etc. - but I need to do better with oysters!

It is amazing how in control I feel .....totally not interested in anything that isn't optimal.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thank you Alex - how are you doing? It would be lovely to have an update....

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

It didn't take you long the first time! You were and are a starfish!
    It didn't take me long the first time either - I am already doing so much better ,,,,,and - ta da .....sleep thru the whole night last night! I am drinking way more water and peeing way less - especially during the night.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is amazing to not be hungry all the time! A couple of days I had a BAB and a very light lunch around 2:30 and then didn't eat until the next morning. No hunger at all and just not interested ....but holy mackerel - am I thirsty all the time!

So many positive things......... except our grocery bill is huge now!

Now lets see if the extra Kilos melt away ..... I think I will have to fine tune it - but for now I will continue to stuff my face first thing in the morning! It feels so good!

We are going away with the camper for a bit of a break - I have the fridges stuffed with all kinds of seafood and protein.

This will be our first free camping with no water or power, and it will be quite cold at night.

Water is the most important part of the equation.....you have to really think hard about everything you need to use water for.

I have never used a porta-potty before and we haven't worked out the shower stuff yet.......

Cheryl., drezy, Sheddie and 2 others like this.
  17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Have lots of fun.

caroline likes this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  19. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

Have fun Caroline. X

caroline and Sheddie like this.
  20. caroline