1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Caroline Cooper, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Caroline Cooper

Caroline Cooper New Member

You are very welcome. I hope they work for you. I think the thing that bothered me about the Inner Intimates was how much medical waste would be produced and the medicalization of a standard phase of life. I found myself contemplating how to reduce the medical waste but Inner Intimates would likely have to follow so many government "safety" regulations that anything I could come up with would never get approval. Nevertheless, Olga the owner of the company, was a real delight and I hope her success with her venture.

2. Caroline Cooper

My husband felt the same way so I made a few changes and I will post it on eatkamloops.org next week. I found some really appropriate videos that just came to me at the right time. My husband actually started to cry when he saw the first video. Always watch for the moments of synchronicity.

3. Caroline Cooper

Day 57 (August 10, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.3C (Day 18 of cycle)

That is another low temperature for my luteal phase. I am under very extreme stress right now with my work but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

2c coffee, raw cream and 2tsp butter

Breakfast

My husband made a delicious omelette with green onion tops and cheese. We have a local organic farmer the produces the most amazing produces. I had a lamb chop on the side.

Dinner

I had a tiny piece of pork roast and a bowl of squash. I couldn't bring myself to eat.

Snack

I had a can of salmon with my organic farmer's celery tops. Shaen made me up a drink mixed with his homemade red wine and juice from our sour cherry tree. It was good.

Shaen wanted me to try some of the first potatoes out of our garden. He found them so delicious. I had a few bites. In the morning both hands had numb pinkies and ring fingers.

4. Caroline Cooper

Day 58 (August 11, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.6C (Day 19 of cycle)

That is a more normal temperature for my luteal phase. Maybe my body realizes the crisis is over it can stop producing extra adrenal hormones.

Tub/Ice

15 minutes at tub temperature: 19.4-18.3C

Temperature before tub: 36.9C

I can see I am still physically stressed. I could not keep my temperature the same or increase. This seems to be the only time of the month I "should" be able to maintain my body temperature or actually increase it.

Temperature after tub: 36.4C

Breakfast

I ate a pork chop with onions cooked in lard. I had a salad on the side but I have run out of olive oil so I just had the vinegar part of the dressing.

Dinner

I had a can of sockeye salmon with celery and onions.

Snack

I had a very small glass of absinthe with some dried apricots and raw cheese.

5. Caroline Cooper

Day 59 (August 12, 2012) (130lbs)

Waking Temperature: 36.3C (Day 20 of cycle)

I forgot to take the 25mg of progesterone before bed last night. I took the dose as soon as I woke up. I am having some trouble integrating the progesterone cream into my normal routine.

Breakfast

I had a pork chop with onions cooked in lard. I had a salad on the side with homemade dressing. I was glad to see that Shaen got some more olive oil.

Work

I spent 3.0 hours cleaning up my basement. I had a family member's stuff stored in there and it was getting to be a bit much to work around. I also was able to re-organize my stores and outdoors equipment; my youngest daughter has done some of her own "re-organizing' down there which I had to clean up. I know as a child I loved to go through my parent's storage trunks; I used to get in trouble for the mess I couldn't help but make. I hope to go to the lake today and do my CT there.

Lunch

I had canned tuna salad on lettuces leaves with raw cheese. I enjoyed some cold raw milk. I couldn't help but look around and I could see just how far I have gone from the standard beach picnic.

Suntanning/Lake CT

Three times at 15 minutes

I felt really renewed after my half day at the lake. I laid on the ground and looked up at the blue sky and fluffy white clouds. All the best things in the world are free of the taking.

Snack

I ate some raspberries right off the plants. I tried the first sour cherries off the tree today. They are ready for picking tomorrow. I feel really bad because much of our raspberry harvest didn't get picked this year because of work related difficulties. We got a white fly infestation on the raspberries likely caused by lack of picking. I have been trying to encourage Erika to pick raspberries but unfortunately it's not working. I guess she will have to experience what it is like to not have enough before she can learn to pick fruit in season. Erika eats more fruit then everyone in the house combined. A shortage of fruit will impact her the most.

6. Caroline Cooper

Day 60 (August 13, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.7C (Day 21 of cycle)

I took a double dose of progesterone yesterday. My temperature was much better today.

Breakfast

I had leftover lamb roast, squash and garden salad with homemade dressing. I had already worked about 3.0 hours on an empty stomach. Working without food is not a problem.

Work

Today was my day off but I helped with 6.0 hours of cleaning and organizing. In Kamloops in summer it is best to start working about at 6:00am to avoid the heat. I got the freezers completed emptied, organized and clean out. I shut down our biggest freezer and move everything over to the other freezers. Our bull is ready for pick up and we needed to make space for him. The three of us got six goboxes ready for a "garage sale" on Saturday. We also got one gobox as a dump box of later processing. We will also have a "free" pile for the taking. Later in the day did some house cleaning and organizing. Shaen and I should be able to have tomorrow mostly off.

Tub/Ice

15 minutes at tub temperature: 19.4-18.3C

Temperature before tub: 36.8C

I found the tub cold today. I was shivering again through most of it.

Temperature after tub: 36.8C

Getting My Hair Cut

I got my hair cut today. I noticed all the gray as it was being cut. It has been a stress-fulled time. I went through a period like that this winter watching myself gray then go back to a more normal color. I am glad I don't color my hair. I can see my stress more fully this way.

Dinner

I haven't been hungry yet though I have drank some red wine. I am feeling quite "warm" from the wine. My work environment has been, difficult. I think about Marcus Aurelius' words of advice: "Begin each day telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness - all of them due to the offenders' ignorance of what is good and evil." Sounds terrible until you understand Stoic philosophy. His words help me keep my tranquility, peace and happiness. (Well, I'm not quite "there" because my hair has gone gray again!)

Late in the evening, I had some canned tuna with celery and onions.

7. Caroline Cooper

Day 61 (August 14, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.8C (Day 22 of cycle)

It is good to see the higher temperature. I had a difficult night. I woke up at 2:00am to bed spins. This is the second time I have had this problem after drinking Shaen new homemade red wine. There must be something they put in the juice that is not on the label. I have learned not to trust industrial food. I felt sick to my stomach most of the day.

Breakfast

I had leftover lamb roast, squash and garden salad with homemade dressing. I did not feel well after eating.

Exercise/Play

I had a very easy walk 1.0 hour in the alpine area at Sunpeaks. We had planned a hike but I was not in any shape to do so. We drove back home and picked up our bull from the butchers. I slept for about 2.0 hours in the afternoon. I still wasn't feeling that great.

Dinner

I had a grilled rib steak from our bull with garden salad and homemade dressing. He was tender and delicious. We all love him better dead than alive. He was a very aggressive and dangerous animal considering how small he was. Got to go. The raw ice cream is ready!

8. Caroline Cooper

Day 62 (August 15, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.3C (Day 23 of cycle)

Another low temperature for luteal phase. As you can see my temperatures are all over the place. I have to read my journal for the last 30 days and try to assess my progress. I will try to get to it tomorrow. I am willing to do another 30 days for a total of 90 days for this n=1 experiment. I sure have not seen any "big" or "quick" improvements.

3c coffee, raw cream and 3tsp butter

Breakfast

I had a T-bone steak and salad with homemade dressing. The bull is delicious!

Exercise/Play

I spent 1.0 hours riding a horse today. This will mean nothing to you but means a lot to me. The last and only time I was ever on a horse, I was about 7 years old. It was the most exciting day because I could get up on a horse at my uncle's ranch for the first time. Within a few minutes I became so sick. My eyes began to water, my nose started to run, and within about 15 minutes I could not breath. I was told I was allergen to horses. They removed me from the horse, sobbing. After my first reaction I could not even walk through a yard that had horses in it or I would break out in hives all over my skin and I would have extreme breathing difficulties within a few minutes.

Today my nose did run and I sneezed a few times. I could feel a bit of heaviness in my lungs but I could ignore the feeling. I don't think I could go on a multi-day trail ride but I could ride for short trips! I can't believe my first, and worst allergy, is almost gone!

Dinner

I had leftover tuna, onions and celery.

New Post

I had someone ask me what I thought would be better than the government's plans for a carbon tax. Here is my answer. I hope you enjoy it. In advance, I apologize for being an idealist and thinking so highly of my fellow man. Yes, people have told me what a stupid-head I am to believe such nonsense:

http://eatkamloops.org/what-if/

9. Caroline Cooper

Day 63 (August 16, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.5C (Day 24 of cycle)

Tub/Ice

15 minutes at tub temperature: 16.7C

Temperature before tub: 36.7C

The house has finally cooled off from the summer heat. Last night I needed my wool blanket and I was still cold. I have been using just a cotton sheet for the summer. The overnight temperature in the house is about 17.8C.

Temperature after tub: 36.6C

Breakfast

Not hungry yet. I had beef liver and onions for breakfast. I had a few pieces of mock white chocolate coconut candy.

CT Experiment

What I have noticed over the 60 days of CT.

1. My second cycle was even shorter at 24 days.

2. My second period was more normal. Four days with not spotting.

3. My follicular phase did not have the normal up and down of daily temperature. All my days in the follicular phase was 36.3C or under that temperature which means I have a "cold" uterus and I am infertile. I had a more even temperature throughout my follicular phase. (This is considered a healthier pattern. This month I looked like I have thyroid problem, low average temperatures but stable. Normally I have low, fluctuating temperatures which point to adrenal problem.)

4. I seem to be able to increase or keep my body temperature the same in the cold tub after ovulation and during the luteal phase. In the follicular phase I cannot increase my body temperature and my body temperature can drop quite low.

5. I started bio-identical 20mg of progesterone on day 10 of my third cycle. I started taking 25mg of progesterone on day 17.

6. My weight is back down to 130 pounds which is normal.

7. I have noticed my feet are tougher. I can walk bare foot with the ouch, ouch, ouch of every step.

8. I like doing CT in the lake with my daughter. Being in the water with her has enriched my life.

9. I have not seen much improvement in my endocrine health over the last 60 days of doing CT. CT may help in the long run but it isn't a quick fix for people like me. I am wondering if CT works better for men without hormonal cycling that women face?

10. Choosing to take bio-identical progesterone feels like a "failure" to me. I am sad that the CT did not have a more positive effect. I would hope that I would not have to take progesterone long term and could use it to re-balance my system and then be able to go off the hormone.

11. I will continue for another 30 days of CT for a total of 90 days for this experiment. I wonder how many people would be willing to have "faith" in this method if there isn't some signs of improvement?

10. Caroline Cooper

Day 64 (August 17, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.5C (Day 25 of cycle)

3c coffee, raw cream and 3tsp butter

Breakfast

I had liver and onions cooked in lard. I had some sausage patties and zucchini on the side.

The End

I have decided not to continue with this journal. I realized that Day 90 would be well into the beginning of my home schooling year. Even though this journal normally takes only about 30 minutes a day, I really should be focusing on other tasks that are not getting done. The journal has been an interesting experience. If you would like to chat come visit me at www.eatkamloops.org.

11. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

It's good that you kept the journal for 60 days. That's still pretty good. I can understand schooling and all the Fall activities that surely ensue.

I hope things improve for you. I have quite similar results as you regarding body temperature. My cycles are not short though...not at all. After last month July 21st which the previous one was May 7th and the one before that was March 18, you can see that my cycles are long. I'm really hoping that my cycle arrives any day now this month. Even if it's not regular this month, I feel more confident that over the next few months it WILL re-regulate itself for a number of reasons. After a ~month of heavy seafood consumption I can feel such a difference in mood and cognitive functioning. I feel physically energetic and I think my body composition is quite favourable. My skin seems very supple, soft and literally has a glow to it.

The thing about my cycle last month was that it was sudden (but spotting for first day) and it was very minimal cramping and pain. I did NOT need to take Advil, first time ever in my life. I also got rid of a day of ovulation from 7 (that's kind of excessive, yes?) to 6 days. Overall it was on the lighter side and seemed brighter red instead of ...idk. Just seemed more 'normal'.

Good luck, and if I have any questions or comments, I'll come visit you over at your site.

All the best!

12. Zorica Vuletic

O, forgot to mention:

-I am strict with my bed time so as to improve circadian rhythm.

-I have just finished with a lot of stress. It was over a period of a year and now I am FINISHED with it and am moving on (as stated before) with my life. New home, new opportunities and the people I am/will be around make a huge difference as well. Overall very optimistic.

13. Caroline Cooper

Hi Gladina,

It sounds like all the seafood is agreeing with you. I really do think getting the food right is 90% of the battle.

The CT didn't seem to have a quick effect on my endocrine system. When I look at my charting, things seemed to be going in the wrong direction. CT didn't have the type of effect I had hoped for but more time might have a positive effect. CT has made me tougher to cold temperatures and less fearful of getting really cold.

14. Zorica Vuletic

I think for me re: CT I will do it according to seasons. I still take cold showers (well, as cold as the water is during the summer). Swim in some lakes and that's plenty good. I think for winter it's best to do polar dips in natural places like lakes etc. For me personally, I will not go all out with ice blocks in bath tub. I did this last winter and it DID help a lot in the initial push to correct health problems. So that is good. I know if I got injured though, I would go straight to the ice blocks.

Fixing the gut is actually quite fun now. I purposely ate some dirt today which was from a tomatoe plant that was not 'treated'. I think some beneficial bacteria would be in that too.

I have a hypothesis: Since travelling internationally is not good due to bacteria and it's own circadian cycle...I think immediately upon landing in the new destination if perhaps eating some local (non-treated) dirt would help establish good gut bacteria for that region, and set you on that 'time-zone' from that bacteria's perspective. Sadly, I do not have any international destinations planned for quite some time, but I will a. Ask Jack, and b. experiment on myself.

You say you think 90% is about food...hmmm...ya, Jack makes it seem like circadian is MORE important now...but the ratios must be difficult to know. Well, everything is tied together anyway, b/c I suppose he suggests that eating poorly will off-set circadian rhythm, and yet having bad sleep would lead to bad eating...

Cheers to good health!

15. Zorica Vuletic

p.s. I look at the sun every morning upon rising (or within half hour). Jack mentioned this lowers morning cortisol on the Ask Jack to someone. Now that doesn't make sense to me and this is probably relevant only to that person, b/c I thought morning cortisol is supposed to be higher (but only higher in relation to other cortisol releases throughout the day). Still, it's nice to gaze at the sun in the morning.

Keep in mind if you wear glasses or contacts, best to take them off when gazing at the sun so that the sun/blue light can hit your retina properly. I decided one day a few weeks ago that it seemed 'wrong' to be wearing glasses when trying to do this specific technique. I wonder if my eye-sight will 'improve'...interesting.

16. Caroline Cooper

Hi Gladina,

I have been thinking about my CT experience and I have been wondering if male/female endocrine issues may be involved. There are so many things that work wonders for men but seem to fall flat for women. It would be great to have more women self-experimenting and seeing if will can find the answers for ourselves and our sisters.

17. Caroline Cooper

Hi Gladina,

There are a number of Native prays to the sunrise and sunset. Some sing to the sunrise and to the sunset. Some just "vocalize" without words, just sounds of joy. To honor the "day", the moment, is an important skill most modern people have lost with our focus on a future that never comes. And people think the Australian Aborigines are in "dreamtime".

18. Zorica Vuletic

Let me know if you're still taking colostrum. I bought it a few weeks back and finished it and it's been about a week or two since I've had it last. I'm longing for it again so will buy it on Friday again. I 'almost' forgot about it...but yes I think it's one of the supplements that has been most beneficial to me over any other supplement. The seafood and sea veggies of course being helpful in addition to my circadian cycles. Like Soul, I've turned my computer to f.lux 24/7 even during the day. Less artificial light exposure even during the day is probably a good idea. I also turn my computer off completely about an hour before bed now. (Have done this for the last three nights). Instead I read a book in dim yellow lighting. I sure feel tired from that...hehe.

I am not sure if it's missing the colostrum, but I do tend to wake up in the early morning, but I never look at any clock or anything...and fall back asleep relatively easily....so I think the colostrum will quell that pretty quick----just have to wait until Friday! yay! (The joys of being broke, LOL). (See after the first 'round' of taking colostrum I thought it could be a one time deal...but I think for me it should be an ongoing supplement for at least a little while longer). It really is beneficial and I really do enjoy the cheesy taste. I want to try goat colostrum this time. I want to try more goat products in general. :D

19. Zorica Vuletic

p.s. I still gaze at the sun during sunrise. I try to gaze at the sunset too if I can catch it in time (sometimes am not available for social reasons).

20. Caroline Cooper

I only consume colostrum once a year, after my cow gives birth to her calf.

http://eatkamloops.org/vanilla-colostrum-shake/

http://eatkamloops.org/olivias-third-calf/

I don't know how it has happened but colostrum as become a industrial superfood. In my opinion, it is "best" to get colostrum from a cow in your local area. Even better is to know the cow "personally" and have the cow "lick you". Local colostrum from a cow you know will have the best effect on your immune system. Here is something I wrote to someone else about the mystery of cows:

"Aren't cows mysterious animals! If you spend any time with cows you can't help but be filled with their mystery. (And calm for that matter.) I can see why many traditional cultures revered and some even worshiped cows. The East Indians consider the milk cow the "physician" of the family. Of course, they lived in close contact with their herd animals unlike modern people. (Our cow will lick us like a calf. Is she picking up our genetic material and biota and making antibodies for us that will cure our ills? I don't know, but I have wondered about it.)"

Do you think that idea is crazy? I would have a few years ago. I would have thought such ideas completely woo woo.