1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Caroline Cooper, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Caroline Cooper

Caroline Cooper New Member

Hi paulalynn,

I wouldn't want to encourage destructive behavior but the way I look at homemade ice cream, assuming one is lactose tolerant, it's the best dessert in the world. True ice cream, made from raw cream and raw pastured egg yolks, would be hard to overeat after your body was full of the good fats found in these foods. Here is the recipe:

http://eatkamloops.org/cream-cream-and-more-ice-cream-recipes/

I think food processors put addictive additives in industrial "ice cream" to make people eat it compulsively.

My girls ate 2L of the ice cream each day for about 60 days before they filled up on the fats. After that it wasn't like a hoard of locust when I made ice cream. With Olivia, I had to change the recipe because she just doesn't have the same amount of butterfat the Patty did. Now, I just add extra raw egg yolks to get the fat intake up. I have added up to six egg yolks to this recipe. The ice will have this incredible yellow color:

http://eatkamloops.org/walnut-maple-ice/

2. Caroline Cooper

Hi Souldanzer,

Yeah, I felt really happy when I went back to Port Alberni and found the fisherman still had those prawns loaded with roe. Funny though. The roe might make it difficult to sell because some people see the roe as yucky. I had to encourage my daughter to eat the roe last night. I told her the roe was the best part and I would take away her prawns if she didn't eat them! She gave me "the stink-eye" and sucked up the roe. She liked it after trying it. But the idea of the roe grossed her out.

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

This happens way to often these days..... people thinking craving fat is bad.... it's their body talking to them. They do need to choose the correct fats but they need to eat FAT!!! Written as I am spooning full fat coconut milk into my mouth :) Delish.

Look at the ingredients of commercial ice-cream.... HFC is a big one, will totally make you eat the whole half gallon. HFC does not register in your brain as "food" basically. So many ice creams don't even use cream anymore!

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Apparently you can recognize shrimp with roe by a dark spot on top of the head of the shrimp. Mine had that. I'm now always on the look out :)

5. This is my fav no. Dairy fat ie cream! I use honey or maple syrup to taste

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Just give me the cream and a spoon...... who needs the sugar :rolleyes: Darn AI.

7. Caroline Cooper

Day 49 (August 2, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.2C (Day 10 of cycle)

3c coffee, raw milk and 3tsp butter

Update on Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Research

I have been doing a far bit of reading the last few weeks on this issue. I found the way that our drugs and hormones wont get into the greater environment. Unfortunately, it is not standard practice at this point. We would have to take our city's sewage and long compost (12-18 months) the material. Here in Kamloops we do short composting (2-6 months) of sewage. Long composting activates fungus which degrade the problem chemicals and hormones. Short composting doesn't complete this process. The Kamloops composting facility would have to be ten times the present size to accommodate long composting. I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. I don't know if this is completely correct but we are a long way from processing our sewage in a safe way. Each of us need to think about our waste streams to help correct this serious problem. Don't throw your unused medication down the toilet!

I have been reading Dr John Lee's books What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause. There is a lot of the same material in both books. It appears to be a reasonable approach to bio-identical HRT.

I am also rereading TS Wiley's books Lights Out and Sex, Lies and Menopause
    . I read Lights Out many years ago because of reading Suzanne Somers book on hormone replacement. It was the first place I had heard about the issue of light and hormone health. I did find her bio-indentical HRT to be scary high doses. (But who the hell am I to even have an opinion?) I do think there was some good research in the book but I know TS Wiley has got into hot water because of some of her stated personal credentials and the actual hormone program itself. (Many people have had big problems on the program.) Here is 20/20 and Suzanne Somers author of Ageless
    :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9i6Oi5DvI[/video]][video=youtube_share;2W9i6Oi5DvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9i6Oi5DvI[/video]

So, what does all this mean to me? I haven't got my saliva test back yet though I already know I have what Dr Lee would call luteal phase failure
    . I may also be having anovulatory cycles
    ; that is a bit less clear to me. So, what should I do? Coffee isn't a magic endocrine bullet even used in a pulse-like method after a low morning temperature. I could just wait and do CT for months without a positive result. In the short-term CT has not had a fast positive result. Actually, the experiment has made most of my numbers negative. (Yes, I am aware of the three steps back, two steps forward theory of health. Don't irritate me with it. I'm drinking coffee and I might not be responsible for my reaction. Be wary! If you do comment, please be nice. I am a sensitive person.)

I have decide to give the bio-identical protesterone a go. (I would have to start on day 10-12, which is today.) I'm not sure for how long. In my family of origin with five members, three have developed cancer, and one has died of cancer. Messing with my endocrine system is not something I do without concern. I don't care that people say its "safe" and "natural". What does that mean anyway?

By the way, the Life-Flow Progesta-Care
    has a Proposition 65 cancer warning on the package. I called the company and got a number for more information that didn't work. I called back and asked which ingredient got the cancer warning. It was the bio-identical progesterone. The state of California does not recognize that bio-identical progesterone is different then progestin, thus the cancer warning on the label. The question that comes to mind is: who do I trust?

http://www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/p65faq.html

http://google2.fda.gov/search?q=natural+progesterone&client=FDAgov&site=FDAgov&lr=&proxystylesheet=FDAgov&output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=*

Tub/Ice

15 minutes at tub temperature: 18.3-16.7C

Temperature before tub: 36.8C

I had time to contemplate that new information. I have always said, I prefer a ugly truth to a beautiful fantasy, any day.

Temperature after tub: 36.3C

Breakfast

I had an omelette with onions, mushrooms and cheese. I had a garden salad with homemade dressing and squash with butter.

Snack

I had some spicy beef jerky.

Dinner

I had a lamb shoulder roast with squash and butter. I had garden salad and homemade dressing.

Tub/Ice

15 minutes at tub temperature: 16.7-15-6C

Temperature before tub: 36.8C

I think this was the coldest tub temperature I have done. The house temperature is finally coming down at night and the ice is starting to get the water colder.

Temperature after tub: 36.3C

8. Caroline Cooper

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

has been discussed in the past..... if you're looking for a doc who follows all CW rules you're in the wrong place..... and people don't like that

and patients don't like to be told to lay off the bread and candy, so really, this means nothing. I give doctors bad ratings *because* all they do is offer me a stack of scripts... lol.

10. Caroline Cooper

Hi Souldanzer,

I'm not sure if I follow you. What do you mean by "... and people don't like that"? Which people? Are you speaking for yourself or some other group of people?

I am just sharing what I have learned during this experiment. I have just learned about Dr Kruse's suspension. I do not know what that means. If you know more and would like to inform me, I would be grateful. Do remember, I have friends that are raw milk activists and know of doctors that have been discredited because they go beyond the "standards of care". These people develop legal and professional problems. I try not to judge people. All I look for are the facts.

11. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

people, especially "associations" that look out for "people's safety" and such things don't like if someone doesn't follow their rules.... like saying CW is BS

This is all the information that is out there, and Dr K has commented on it somewhere. I don't know the story and I'm not interested in it either. I know what Dr K has done for me and I go by that. I've had a lot of doctors and if I didn't watch out for myself, I would've been screwed long ago. Eating raw fish? Calculated risk. Eating the things with names I can't pronounce that come on my scripts? Never. No idea about the risks.... and the people who invented it neither.

IMO, the suspension means nothing. Other than a slap on the fingers for not following their rules. But that you have to decide.

12. Caroline Cooper

Hi Souldanzer,

Yes, that is exactly right. I have to make my own decision.

13. Caroline Cooper

Day 50 (August 3, 2012)

Waking Temperature: 36.1C (Day 11 of cycle)

3c coffee, raw cream and 3tsp butter

Tub/Ice

Temperature before tub: 36.4C

Gee, that was cold today.

Temperature after tub: 35.9C

Breakfast

I had the last of the oysters cooked in butter. I had prawns in butter and garden fresh Chinese greens in butter. I am collecting prawn shells in the freezer after each meal. I will be baking and drying some of the shells and grinding them into a powder. For others I will make a seafood broth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Vagina Formula

I have been working on a formula for a "happy vagina" after all that talk about sex lubes and vaginal dryness associated with menopause. I still think organic coconut oil is an excellent sex lube and most people have it in their kitchens.

I haven't work everything out yet but I will post it on www.eatkamloops.org in the Healthy Household
    section once I have worked out the problems. Here's the recipe for a "poor-woman's" menopausal formulation. If you're not poor you can buy the commercial formulation:

1/2c organic shea butter

1/4c organic shea nut oil

1/4c organic primrose oil

2T organic vitamin E oil (7500iu per oz) (optional)

Gently heat the shea butter in a 2c Pyrex glass in hot water. Let cool to at least body temperature. Add the other oils. Always store formulation in the fridge. (Primrose oil and vitamin E is very unstable at room temperature.) When ready to use take 1/2tsp from jar and roll into a small ball. Insert the small ball into upper vagina like a tampon. Remember to wipe any extra formulation on any area of your body that has dry skin. Each batch will make 96, 1/2tsp small balls and each small ball will give 78iu of vitamin E.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snack

I had 3c matcha and some coconut candy made with Brazil nuts for my selenium hit. I don't really like marzipan but the coconut mixed with Brazil nuts tasted like that to me.

Tub/Ice

Temperature before tub: 36.7C

I found I just had to stay still for the first five minutes. At the point I could face dunk but I started shivering.

Temperature after tub: 36.2C

Dinner

We are having beef burgers on lettuce leaves.

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I looked up the stuff Dr K recommended in the hormone webinar and was like..... ok. I think I can save myself those $$$ and throw that stuff together myself. Vitamin E, D, and I don't remember the carrier oil but looked pretty much like yours :)

15. Caroline Cooper

Yes, that is where I got the idea from. I would NOT add the vitamin D but get it from sunshine or take some fermented cod liver oil orally. Well, you could use it vaginally but your lover would have to be a fisherman that likes fermented fish-holes! Sorry, for the imagery. (I don't know about krill oil. If I could find it in a pure liquid form I would give it a try. I don't like taking capsules; those nasty additives again.)

I'm not that sure of the vitamin E either. That's why I put the ingredient as optional. I will tell you how I respond after some experimenting. If you make this formulation remember to keep it in the fridge. Those oils are unstable at room temperature. The industrial producers of this type of formulation would just add ingredients to help make it last at room temperature. I would rather avoid the additives and us my fridge.

What do you think of the name, Happy Vagina Pearls
    ? I am a little worried its a bit racy for www.eatkamloops.org.

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Hahahaha :D Fermented fish holes. LMAO

I just recently stopped my D supplement.... a month ago maybe? I'm doing sun and fish roe now instead. Seems to be working. Can't take a capsule for my life, so allergic.

I love Happy Vagina Pearls. Or use Cavemams version...... vajajaya or something like it? Remember, you are evolving..... keep your website evolving, too :)

17. Caroline Cooper

Hi Souldanzer,

I am glad to give you a laugh in your cold dark cave, wherever you are. I have finished the post and put it in the to-be-posted area. It will go up in a few weeks. You know that song: "...sometimes you'll find, you get what you need...", could be the theme for my time on this forum. I was four years old during this performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2W_O9BX4g[/video]][video=youtube_share;2C2W_O9BX4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2W_O9BX4g[/video]

How about the Rolling Stones in 2003? We all grow old but we don't have to give up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMl5CRoFdk[/video]][video=youtube_share;oqMl5CRoFdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMl5CRoFdk[/video]

Blessings on you, friend.

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

sorry ... I was close though :cool:

19. Lady Plug

A hole in one!

Pinky binky

Flash flood

Vajaja juice