1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Carnivore diet science

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Mike David, May 16, 2019.

1. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

I love the way Dr. Saladino breaks things down by referring to misconceptions in the literature and the amount of info. provided in this podcast. Humans get all the nutrients they need from eating animals nose to tail. Mechanisms in the human body are extensively covered as well as the downside of consuming plant matter. He reminds me of Doc in the way he breaks down the info. available and ties it to our ancestral beginnings. No biophysics but still I got a lot from this podcast.

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/carnivore-diet-benefits/

Dean6789 and Phosphene like this.
  2. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Thanks Mike, the extensive show notes were helpful. I may watch later.

Cats are considered obligate carnivores that don’t need anything else. My cats eat nose to tail. Intact mice (I buy them in bulk frozen). A nice balance of ALL body parts that people eating nose to tail probably still don’t get.

Like many cats, when I take them outside for their weekend strolls they are obsessed with eating some grass. There are many misconceptions as to why cats do that. It is NOT primarily to settle their stomachs. They probably feel fine, until they eat so much they have to bring it up. I work extensively with animal communicators and energy healers so I have had the opportunity to ask my cats why rather than just guess at it. My cats have a primal drive for grass-like greens. Something they need that they don’t get from their otherwise strictly carnivorous diet.

I used to think it was nutrients, but perhaps it is more fundamentally quantum. Whatever the reason, it’s very important to them that they consume it. They can survive without grass, but my opinion is they are healthier for some natural greens. So i believe that is likely to be true of non-obligate carnivores like people as well.

My cats really are exceptionally healthy, especially now they are both taking advantage of the family Magnetico!

Dean6789, Phosphene, JanSz and 2 others like this.
  3. Mike David

Right! Thanks for sharing. Animal communicators and energy healers now that’s cool. Looking at plants a little differently today.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

Just curious, do they get chronic levels of solar radiation direct (without a window) or do they prefer to be indoors?

5. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

My boy cat TJ is quite sure that the woes of the world would be solved by spending as much time outside as possible, but I don’t think he had the sun in mind. ;^) I don’t think they’re focused on direct sun, but I am trying to create opportunities for that like through a window screen on days I can’t take them outside. I have been wondering recently how circadian rhythms work in cats and how much direct sun at what times of day they really need. Are they as nocturnal as mice and rats or something in between? TJ is exceptionally energy sensitive. He doesn’t like going back inside at all because of the change (deterioration) in energy (even after all the nnEMF adjustments I made!). It physically makes him uncomfortable for a little while. I suspect when he lies down outside he’s grounding. The grass is locally grown and seasonal. Maybe not so much whatever grass is exposed during the winter when it has gone largely dormant until spring. Cats evolved in a desert environment and they have a very poor thirst drive. They’re used to obtaining all their water from their food. There would be a little more water in grass.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is TJ altered or in tact?

I have a boy cat Rascol.
    He came to us thru the window when he was probably weeks old.
    Not really to us but to his buddy George, altered male cat we rescued few months before.
    Previously, all life we were dog people.
    It was hard work for me, but I got a deal from my DW, Rascol can stay when he is not altered and allowed to go outside whenever he pleases.
    Last February was Rascol's 13th anniversary.
    Rascol eats cat food and caned tuna.
    Wonder if hi would approach frozen mouse.
    Doubt, he would rather play with chipmunks.
    upload_2019-5-16_15-56-50.jpeg

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  7. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

8. Ted

Ted New Member

Ever since I started following Jack and switching to a much higher animal diet, my bun/creatine has gone from a nice 10/1 to it being sky high now. It has steadily increased over the last 5 years even though I am drinking way more water than I ever did. Dr. Gundry's Plant Paradox seems to frown on too much protein. Has anyone else had this problem? I have now cut back tremendously on my protein intake, following Gundry's protocols to see if that will help me.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Then his steroid panel is shot.
    He should be easily getting fat.

drezy likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

my bun/creatine has gone from a nice 10/1 to it being sky high now.

BUN/Creatinine describes hydration status
    Low BUN/Creatinine = lots of matrix water is being made (good news)(good hydration)

I am drinking way more water than I ever did.
    The more water you drink the less matrix water is being made (bad news)
    water that is drank does not affect hydration status

/

note
    when restricting drinking water intake watch urine density (refractometer $25), must be no higher than 1.035

/

note
    (little) matrix water is made from carbs (but it is done promptly)
    (lots) of matrix water (can) be made from fat (slowly)
    I do not thing matrix water is made from proteins

/

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Dean6789 and Bob Stirling like this.
  11. Mike David

You should really listen to the podcast. Misconceptions are well covered. You need more fat not protein. Best to eat nose to tail not just skeletal meats. Organ meats and bone marrow are pretty important. You might get an initial boost switching to plants but it won’t be sustained. Longevity relies on animals not plants. Don’t be fooled by some gurus half truth.

Dean6789 likes this.
  12. Ted

Ted New Member

I've listened to all the podcasts several times. I actually started increasing my fat intake about six months ago by eating more fatty meats like pork belly and using generous amounts of fats/oils on my veggies. I also stopped eating the whole egg and eat only the yolk. But the bun/creatine went up even higher. Maybe I'm drinking too much water? I drink about 8-9 glasses a day which I didn't think was too much. I have really stuck to Jack's program for 5-6 years, but something isn't working for me.

Mike David likes this.
  13. Ski coach

Ski coach Gold

How has your environment changed in 5-6 years? 2G...5G. Screens. Neighbors. Job/office. Solar exposure. Water. etc....

14. Mike David

Did you check your SNPs

15. Mike David

Did you check HS/CRP,DHEA,vit. D with calcium score.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUBA92X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Clinical Refractometer ATC Tri-Scale Serum Protein 0-12 g/100ml Urine Specific Gravity SG 1.000-1.050 Refractive Index 1.333-1.360RI for Veterinary, Dog, Cat & Human

$21.99
    --------------------
    Aim at drinking 3cups/day=0.71Liter/day or even less (Boros drinks 0.2 - 0.25 l/day (coffee)
    Measure urine density.
    Do not go higher than 1.035

Add fat to your diet if you get to lean.

Dean6789 likes this.
  17. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Platinum

Ted, you can't pull one data point out and try to draw a conclusion (cause) from it. As a biochemist, I learned that datum right from the beginning. My BUN/creatinine has been elevated for many years. I'm on a paleo-ketogenic diet with VERY little to no veg. My body runs on fat, ketones, and protein. By the sheer nature of the chemistry I'm creating, an elevated BUN:creatinine is to be expected. I'm more concerned that I don't have an elevated globulin, ferritin, hemoglobin, HsCRP, and RBC - due to my diet. NEVER pick one data point. Put all of your labs in context with your lifestyle (environment) and diet. Then and only then can you start to draw some conclusions.

Jenelle and Lahelada like this.
  18. Ted

Ted New Member

I have lived and worked in the same place for 13 years with no real changes. About 6 years ago I started following Jack's protocol. Some of my hormones got better then other things have gotten worse. My blood pressure was always 110/70 and now it is 140/100. My hs-crp is 1.5, elevated psa of 9.5. vit d is 33.
    So, even though I am doing about 80% of what Jack teaches compared to very little before, certain things are not going well.

19. Saichi

Saichi New Member

What's your UVC exposure?

20. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Platinum

Ted, I don't envy your position. I have two degrees and thirty years of study and treating patients under my belt. Even with all of that, I find it takes constant study, effort, trial, and error to keep me at a high level of function as I age. Yes, as we age we change and need constant adjustments. I can't even imagine how relying on Jack's blogs and webinars could ever give someone enough to be proficient in all things health and wellness. Look around your area and see if you can find a coach, Yes, it will cost money up front but will save you time, money and effort in the long run. PS, based on the labs you provided, I would highly recommend a coach. The only way you should go this alone is if you try new protocols and tested often, tracking results.

Petr Svoboda likes this.