1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Can't sleep for my life- please help

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by kathiebu@hotmail.com, Apr 27, 2012.

1. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

+1 on the methyl B12!

Also (this will save you a little money!) you don't need both GABA and theanine, since theanine makes GABA. I'd go with just theanine. GABA only works if you have a leaky blood brain barrier, so as you heal, it might stop working. Have you ordered from iherb.com? It's so much cheaper than retail and a lot of people in Canada order from them.

I wonder, too, if switching to a really good comprehensive multivitamin would save you more money? I just started taking one of Thorne's multis and I was able to drop my B complex (it uses the coenzyme forms of all the b's!) as well as my selenium.

Thorne is a great practitioner's brand that uses the most active form of nutrients and doesn't use excipients in their capsules.

2. Thank's hazyjane, I didn't know about that!! My B12 is already pretty high, so I guess I'm fine

3. I'm ordrering today some testing through Canary Club...It will take 5 to 10 days to get here...Should I stop all CT prior to get tested??

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Dr K has answered this question regarding testing salivary cortisol and said that CT has more of a long term effect and therefore should not really affect levels the day of testing. Some people on here have reported CT affecting their cortisol acutely... so I guess you have to make that choice.

I doubt that it would mess with the other stuff plus you'll have those drawn early in the AM fasting anyways.

5. Thank's Souldanzer. I was more thinking about estrogens because of detox, but since I love my CT, I think I will go on.

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Melatonin may help fight GERD

By Drs. Kay Judge and Maxine Barish-Wreden

One potential alternative therapy for some of these disorders is melatonin, a hormone produced in the pineal gland in the brain and the intestines.

A study published in 2007 in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology looked at the effect of melatonin on 60 patients with dyspepsia. The patients were divided into two groups; half of them took 5 milligrams of melatonin every evening while the other half took a placebo. After three months, more than half the patients taking the melatonin had complete resolution of symptoms; another 30 percent had partial improvement
    . In contrast, less than 10 percent of the patients getting the placebo improved.

I guess your guts have a mind of its own when it comes to melatonin.

http://forums2.uniontrib.com/uniontrib/20080916/news_1c16gastro.html

7. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I got a facebook posting awhile back from one of the psych sites saying that most serotonin is made in the gut and lots of probiotics are needed, rather than anti-depressants.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Interesting. It was suggested to me this week that I may be low on serotonin... twice from different sources and for different reasons. I do drown myself in fermented stuff, though.