1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Canned Oysters Non BPA

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Mover, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Mover

Mover New Member

Love oysters but find it hard to afford them all the time. Can anyone tell me thier oppinions or reccomend decent canned oysters when fresh ones are not an option ? Thank you

Jan Christer likes this.
  2. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why seafood over fish oil pills? Deuterium is the why. DHA is a PUFA that is supposed to be deuterium depleted from the marine seafood food web while Arachidonic acid is loaded with deuterium in cell membranes. If you overdo your fish oil supplementation you could actually hurt yourself and cause long-term to your Kreb's bicycle function. Why? When cell membranes in you break down for any reason they have to be recycled in your mitochondria via beta-oxidation. Remember fish oil in supplement form is a "PUFA too" the ONLY format, and it is subject to serious peroxidation and ALE formation when it is taken improperly or when it is adulterated. Peroxidation is done by a heme catalyst which means its action liberates massive amounts of deuterium inside the matrix where its anions are running in cyclic form. Once you free deuterium in this way it loses its safety profile in the blood plasma to wreck havoc in the TCA and urea cycle. PUFA have lots of deuterium because they use its strong KIE to build strong membranes. Lipid peroxidation liberates free fatty acids that breakdown down to CO2 and water. That water contains hydrogen isoforms and oxygen that are processed in our mitochondria. When this happens it alters the metabolic rate of these mitochondria and slows TCA function while trapping water in the TCA and urea cycle. You may now realize why this effect can cause stalls in weight loss or in changes in your VAP and HS CRP levels. It slows metabolism in the two key cycles of cells and forces them to use glycolysis and the PPP. It also stops weight loss and can make autoimmune conditions worse. They may also confound you and your doctor because you forgot the context of why this has happened. But it all begins with metabolizing cell membranes that were designed to be stable. What are things associated with this in your body? COX-2 enzyme amplification and activation of UCP-2. When those two things occur, oxygen drops and cells begin secreting hypoxia factors like (HIF-1). This induces a redox shift in your mitochondria. This process can be a double-edged sword in our cell when the stable O6 content is turnover in an uncontrolled fashion in our matrix. The collateral damage is a redox shift in the TCA and urea cycle. This is why you don't want to take supplemental fish/algal oil. REMEMBER CONTEXT is critical for Optimal! https://www.jackkruse.com/is-fish-oil-good-or-bad/

4. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

I read this and the link. In Jack's book, he recommends prescription grade fish oil for people who are obese. I'm obese. I eat as much seafood as I can. I would still like to supplement with oil (like Carlson's Fish Oil) if appropriate since I don't always get to eat seafood.

Yet, this post, it appears as though it's not a good solution. And I'm trying to harmonize both with CONTEXT. Does the book still apply for the obese or does the above? If the book, what's the recommended doses for fish oil and when's the best time to take oil if anyone has experience with it? My doc wants me to take eat all kinds of oils, but to take either a tablespoon of fish oil or olive oil right before bed. Yet, I don't want to do something that's considered a form of snacking to try and stick to three meals per day leaving 5 hours in between each and no later than 4 hours before I go to bed. Any thoughts would be appreciated.