1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cannabis and Cancer??

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by philip malone, Mar 7, 2017.

1. philip malone

philip malone Silver

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

endocabbinoid system links to the immune system so it is possible in some cases.

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. philip malone

philip malone Silver

I will research. Thanks.

4. ValerieBee

ValerieBee Radical Mitochondriac

we were able to use cannabis for my kiddo to supplement his chemo. The science is sparse, but that is due to politics. If you're starting from zero as I was, I found the book Cannabis Revealed by Bonni Goldstein, MD to be a helpful primer. It covers more diseases than cancer, and breaks things down nicely.

I am also researching this as well, as we are now looking at maintenance dosing for my kiddo....pediatric cancer remission cannabis maintenance dosing is not a topic for peer review, so I'm just piecing it together as I go, and following my instincts. My instincts lead me here, so I'm doing alright ;)

I didn't know about leptin when I started researching this, so the redox information and leptin links take the research to a new level. I just came across this paper (from 2016), which might interest you. I'd love to see this thread grow so we can help each other with this info!

rsob-6-150276-g3.jpg

Modulation of cellular redox homeostasis by the endocannabinoid system

Abstract
    The endocannabinoid system (ECS) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) constitute two key cellular signalling systems that participate in the modulation of diverse cellular functions. Importantly, growing evidence suggests that cross-talk between these two prominent signalling systems acts to modulate functionality of the ECS as well as redox homeostasis in different cell types. Herein, we review and discuss evidence pertaining to ECS-induced regulation of ROS generating and scavenging mechanisms, as well as highlighting emerging work that supports redox modulation of ECS function. Functionally, the studies outlined reveal that interactions between the ECS and ROS signalling systems can be both stimulatory and inhibitory in nature, depending on cell stimulus, the source of ROS species and cell context. Importantly, such cross-talk may act to maintain cell function, whereas abnormalities in either system may propagate and undermine the stability of both systems, thereby contributing to various pathologies associated with their dysregulation.

5. JohnPxl

JohnPxl New Member

Hi there Valerie

This is John. I am delighted to see that you have been through an adventure as well and managed to win this twisted disease. We are facing a very aggressive brain tumor with our three year old boy as outlined in this thread. We are based in Europe (Athens / Greece) and we are looking into the potential benefits of Cannabis oil for treating / supporting our little one.

Literature is sparse indeed, but it seems that oils rich in THC (and CBD) are especially effective in treating such kind of cancers, in parallel with traditional methods (chemo / radio).

I know that things are a lot easier and open minded in the US regarding cannabis, but I am doing the best I can to find resources in Europe. Spain has some promising research going on, especially for this kind of brain tumor.

If you have any insight / information from your own research about similar resources in Europe, we would be thankful to hear about them.

Many thanks for your reply.

God Bless.
    John

6. karenr

karenr Silver

I found the best educational resource for this was Green Flower media, http://learngreenflower.com. $18/month membership gives you access to a huge video library of classes and conferences with top experts in the field, covering research, medical applications, the industry, delivery methods, etc.

Helped me learn a whole lot when NY became a medical marijuana state and I was researching it for my autoimmune/gut issues.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The endocannabinoids (ECS) are structurally similar to arachidonic acid and have been suggested to interfere with the inflammatory process. They have also been shown to inhibit cancer cell proliferation because of one key reason: All ECS slow ECT in mitochondria and all cancer cells need an intact ECT to remain cancer. When ECT is fast......Apopotosis is IMPOSSIBLE. This is what allows cancer to grow.

What builds the cannabinoid system best?

SUN.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^that is all one needs to know with respect to cancer.

Brent Patrick and JanSz like this.
  9. JohnPxl

JohnPxl New Member

Thanks Dr. Kruse, makes a lot of sense. I appreciate your consistent input.

All the best
    John

10. ValerieBee

ValerieBee Radical Mitochondriac

John, I haven't been active in this forum for a few months--Life interrupted. I don't know of any UK resources off the top of my head. However, I can hook you up with the Holistic Cancer Parents page on facebook--one of the members there clued me in to Dr. Kruse's work as I was posting questions about EMFs. My kiddo is coming up on 1 year cancer free. That page was my go-to resource for info and support, and it was fantastic. We did all we could to reduce his EMF exposure, and we continue that process. Of course the docs said there was "no evidence" that EMFs could have caused his tumor, but you know there is, and this was the only logical culprit in his medical history. So don't get discouraged when docs are dismissive. My kiddo gets as much sun as he can (i'm thinking of homeschooling next year so he can get even more). He loves earthing, and can explain it pretty well for a 5 year old! You are going through such a terribly hard journey! Please feel free to message me for any kind of support I could offer. We were able to end my kiddo's chemo earlier than docs planned ("against medical advice"). I'm happy to share any parts of our journey. So glad you found this community! Sending healing thoughts for your boy and solace for your whole family. Much Love, Valerie.

Oh, Find me on facebook at Valerie Bee, or let me know your name and I'll message you. Right now in my life FB is the quickest way to contact me (because I'm building an online business and that's where my clients hang out).

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

May 2018 webinar gives you precise mechanism.

ValerieBee likes this.
  12. TimPaige

TimPaige New Member

My friend had skin cancer, and he felt just unreal pain and could not get rid of it. He even went through two rounds of chemotherapy, but still couldn't get rid of it ... I tried to persuade the doctor to prescribe morphine, but he was absolutely against it. In the end, he suggested trying CBD, which is often used to relax the nervous system and dull pain. The problem was that my friend absolutely could not stand this taste, and so I decided to buy all-natural https://weedsmart.net/product-category/marijuana-flowers/bulk/ and this helped him a lot, and he stopped suffering from pain. Unfortunately, he eventually died and the doctors couldn't do anything...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  13. bostavan

bostavan New Member

How to help a person overcome his addiction to marijuana?

14. jrobertson1984

jrobertson1984 New Member

Numerous studies have shown that marijuana itself can be addictive if misused and overdosed. People addicted to this drug experience all the withdrawal symptoms (when they try to quit marijuana), their academic or work performance declines, and interpersonal relationships crumble just as they do with other, more "hard" drugs. If you think someone is developing (or has developed) an addiction to marijuana, you can help them understand that they have an addiction and then help them overcome it. So I use https://www.mailorder-marijuana.com/buy-edibles-online and try not to overdo it, but to enjoy it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not able to access this page.Most likely due to my location.
    From where this site is accessible?

upload_2021-10-4_9-14-9.png