1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Candlight for reading?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Jasmin, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

When it is getting dark outside in the evening what kind of light are you using for reading? I have tried to read by candlelight but it is not enough, and I have tried the light from an old petroleum lamp but I dislike the smell despite I use the odourless petroleum.
    I use blueblocker glasses from 7 pm and I go to bed at around 8.30 pm. After about half an hour after wearing the glasses I am gettin really tired and am feeling more than redy to go to bed :) so the glasses works very well :)

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I find reading by candlelight hard too - I just kind of give up and go to bed!

3. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Caroline it is good to know that I'm not the only one :D
    But I must admit that I find it hard to go to bed at 7 pm but perhaps that will be the only way to do the right thing :)

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

5. diane

diane Gold

You can also try amber or red lights for reading. I think some people here to that as well.

6. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

BKJ77 I have been looking at one of those lanterns and I ended up with an very oldfasion but beautifull one but I can smell the petroleum:)
    I dont know if propane is the same as petroleum but can you smelle it?

7. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Does my blue blocker glasses have the same benefits as the amber or red lights? If they do I just have to protect my skin if I have to use artificial light for reading until I get the amber or red lights.

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

No, we don't smell the propane at all and I'm very sensitive to smells. DH calls me a "hound dog!" LOL! We did previously try using a lantern with the petroleum and I couldn't handle that smell, so this is very different.

9. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I just ordered amber light bulbs; been using the blue blockers. I have switched out pretty much all the lights in my house to dimmers, so we keep it pretty dark throughout the house at night. I'll report back on reading with the amber lights ...

10. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

You mention dimmers .... might want to read this link.
    11 Ways to Protect Yourself from Dirty Electricity: http://www.prevention.com/electroshocker/list/2.shtml

11. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thank you :)

12. endless

endless New Member

I use uvex glasses in the house after 7pm, and the one electric light I leave on to read is an incandescent 'bug light', with a yellow bulb. I'm so used to it now it doesn't look yellow to me at all!

I grew up in a home without electricity, and we used old fashioned glass lamps fueled by kerosene, and one propane lamp in the kitchen. I remember the kerosene lamps giving off a warm, yellowish light but the propane one was brilliant and much whiter light....might not be the best choice for those of you using that.

13. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

We have a propane lantern for camping that makes a mega-intense white light. It has a switch up and down, but never really gets very low, or very yellow, IMO. I've never tried a lower powered one, though.

It puts out no smell at all.

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Dontcha just wish they would make bug lights of lower wattage than 60 watts? Makes me want to paint a 40 watt bulb with something...

15. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I am researching like a mo fo... Working on finding an EMF expert that will join me on a series of calls for the community on how to reduce EMF in the home/office/car. I think I found our guy. Y'all say a prayer that he will agree to do this webinar series for us! I don't think he normally does this kind of thing, but it seems he'd be perfect! He's an EMF expert and electrician who's been doing this for almost 20 years...

16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Hope this works out Misty. I think we are all wanting to learn how to practically apply changes to reduce EMFs in our lives. I am especially interested in making changes in my office area to Make it safer . That's harder because it's not my "stuff".

Much easier to make changes at home.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  17. Jude

Jude Gold

DH painted 40 w with the kids red paint a couple of times and then more ==it works!

18. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Fingers crossed this works out! I've been frantically researching everything I can to better understand EMF and what steps I need to take both immediately and long term to protect my family. I'm interested in all the help I can get.

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jude, was it watercolor paint? I'm very interested in trying this.

20. We purchased our 40 watt red bulbs from Home Depot if anyone wants to not paint!