1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cancer Rx

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by PaulG, Apr 14, 2014.

1. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Ketogenic diet and Akt1 enzyme in relation to sleep and apoptosis (thanks HoneyChild)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Recent studies have revealed deregulation of the Akt signaling pathway occurring in 43-67% of melanomas
    http://www.hindawi.com/journals/er/2011/327923/

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NAD+ builds up in relation to NADH levels on a per unit basis biochemically. Increasing the NAD+ in comparison to NADH changes a most of the mechanistic reductive biochemistry that occurs downstream. This occurs by signaling in the protein kinase B pathways of cells. Why is that a big deal you ask? The AKT pathway is also known as protein kinase B pathway (PKB). It is a serine/threonine-specific protein kinase that plays a key role in multiple cellular processes such as glucose metabolism, apoptosis, cell proliferation, transcription and cell migration. It is a major player in all things tied to metabolic syndrome.

Akt1 is involved in cellular survival pathways, by inhibiting apoptotic processes. Akt1 is also able to induce protein synthesis pathways, and is therefore a key signaling protein in the cellular pathways that lead to skeletal muscle hypertrophy, and general tissue growth. Since it can block apoptosis, and thereby promote cell survival, Akt1 has been implicated as a major factor in many types of cancer. Akt (now also called Akt1) was originally identified as the oncogene in the transforming retrovirus, AKT8. In a mouse which is null for Akt1 but normal for Akt2, glucose homeostasis is unperturbed, but the animals are smaller, consistent with a role for Akt1 in growth. In contrast, mice which do not have Akt2, but have normal Akt1, have mild growth deficiency and display a diabetic phenotype (insulin resistance/ T2D), again consistent with the idea that Akt2 is more specific for the insulin receptor signaling pathway. The role of Akt3 is less clear, though it appears to be predominantly expressed in the brain. It has been reported that mice lacking Akt3 have small brains. This is what many believe causes brain shrinkage in all the neurodegenerative disorders that are linked to cytochrome 1 issues. This also happens to be why every neurodegenerative disease describe to date has an element of protein folding mishaps tied to its pathophysiology.

^^^^^this was from:
    http://jackkruse.com/quantum-biology-4-metabolic-syndrome/

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Paul.. I would just be patient.. and give all good advice you are able to. Better send her stuff to read, then she can read it when she is ready. If she listen or not - do not stop. Who knows when she all of a sudden changes? Might be she starts believing in her doctor.. and doing what he tells her.. and then after she has suffered too much she lose her faith in the system and turns to you. :) Then you can take her by her hand and sit with her on a meadow in the sun drinking spring water and earth and talk and that might be all beautiful
    I think... love never, ever gives up
    I know this is not easy... but the easy way is often not the answer

(((hugs)))

5. kovita

kovita Silver

now that is statement. So is ketogenic good for me? My serotonin is in the toilet and I have genetics that slows down dopamine uptake. My dopamin levels rock...

6. kovita

kovita Silver

Paul, my grandmother is breast cancer survival. She is neverending source of energy and goes by "guts". She survided the therapies on water, heavy cream and bacon. That was all she ate with some occassionel bread for many months. She said that was what he body asked for.

7. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Intuition rocks. Its nice to hear some people still listen...

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and Tanya like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light is controlled by universal physical laws and biology. Every cancer on this planet has been linked to ubiquination defects. All ubiquination defects are associated with altered melatonin and sulfated Vitamin D levels. Everyone knows that light controls the SCN........few realize the science that dictates light actions is QED and not biology. Therefore, you beliefs about food/biology link to cancer are not material nor accurate. Harsh.......but totally true. Most people know I support ketosis in cancer. Here is another shocker: ketosis in cancer won't work well, unless your SCN is working faster than your organ or tissue clocks. Why? the SCN has to run faster to control cell signaling. That is the point your missing. Regarding observational and non controlled studies about optical photonics and cancer. They will be USELESS, and are only a delay tactic. Why? The science that dictates this are universal laws, not biologic ones. They are not subject to a RCT or your beliefs. They are already firmly established by deep experimental proofs in physics. Don't forget all life is made up from atoms. Absence of evidence suitable to you is not really material in this arena. Moreover, it is not absence of effect when you begin to understand what a dielectric blocker does to water optics

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Kristi Lambert, Jude and Josh like this.
  9. René Borg

René Borg New Member

Hi Jack,

I have been reading through all your cancer information since my mother was prognosed with a suspected case of hepatocellular carcinoma. The doctors have ruled out surgery and radiation as viable for her case and the most likely cause of action (to be confirmed on the 18th of March) that they want to employ is Sorafineb.

I looked this up and can see it is a tyrosine kinase, VEGF and angiogenesis inhibitor. I understand the basic logic between these but I am concerned both with the sideeffects and with whether it will have any real effect without all the others fixes you suggest being put in place around it.

I am doing as much research as I can but Jack if your or anyone else qualified here has more concrete information they could share to speed up or point me in the right direciton. I know that my main role is going to be to influence my parents in the right direction and try to work with the oncologists. that in itself will be a very hard task, so the more clear information I have to take those discussions the greater my chance of success.

Thanks in advance!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

HCC needs DHA ketosis especially if it is secondary to Hep C infection

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

12. René Borg

René Borg New Member

Thank you Jack. Confirmation came today of late stage HCC with spread to the right lung (I take it this is metastatic but need to confirm). I believe the condition is a followup of cirrhosis rather than hepC infection. I am booking a flight home to go over all the material. The early advice is that treatment with Sorafineb may have a chance of success but they need to assess whether she is a good candidate. I will go over all you have outlined in your Blog when I home and see how far I get. Thanks again for making this available to us all.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

get rid of her blu light and nnEMF........and if you want to see if I am right about her light exposure do an ASI with a salivary melatonin and a Vitamin D on her stat

14. René Borg

René Borg New Member

Thanks Jack, will do, she was a nightowl so I would definitely say that her circadean rhythms have not been optimal for decades. .

I noticed on your website the FAQ webinars advertised at $79 for a call. Do you still do these? If I can get all the fact sheets in front of me and write down questions in advance this might be a valuable next step before I fly home and go through it. There are some side complications such as a mural thrombosis in the hepatic portal vein etc. so I appreciate it would be difficult for you to give comprehensive answers without knowing all the small details such as that.

Only if you think it has value. What I want to be able to do is to sit down and talk her through the 'true' pathology of the disease and show the options for what moves she can make to help herself.