1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Can Red Light Therapy (LLLT) cause anxiety?

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by YuriyDorogoy, Sep 13, 2019.

1. YuriyDorogoy

YuriyDorogoy New Member

I recently bought 36W RED LED (red 660nm + NIR 830nm)
    and used it over the body and the face / eyes before sleep. Most of the times it works like
    hypnotic / relaxant. This time after I turned off all lights and went into complete darkness I almost fell asleep then started to feel very strange and anxious. And it turned off my sleep for another 1.5 hour cycle.

As far as I understand red light increase atp production in the brain cells (if you use it over the head). Could it cause increased anxiety / panic attacks (and I'm not a panic attack guy at all)?

2. please look up the biphasic dose response of red light

YuriyDorogoy and drezy like this.