1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Can oysters elevate cholesterol?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by NDC74, Apr 16, 2020.

1. NDC74

NDC74 New Member

I and my wife started eating oysters last year after reading the book Epi-Paleo Rx. We started with half a dozen per week, increased to 1 dozen per week, but by December 2019, we’ve been eating 2-3 dozens per week of large Pacific Oysters (much larger than Sydney Rock Oysters). My Lipid Studies in 26Nov2019 is alright, however the recent Lipid Studies conducted 08Apr2020 everything went up. My wife’s Lipid Studies Show the same results. To my reckoning the Oysters is the only change we implemented in our diet. Can oysters elevate cholesterol?

Attached Files:

2. Inger

Inger Silver

I have no idea, but I eat lots of oysters and my cholesterol is very high. As long as your HDL is high too and Triglycerides low I think high cholesterol is a great thing to have :)
    My doctor even says, my very high cholesterol values gives me no risk for illness.

People that live longer are the ones with higher cholesterol, go figure ;) :)

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. NDC74

NDC74 New Member

Vielen Dank, Inger for your kind reply. Yes, my HDL is also high and my Triglycerides is low. Actually its my doctor (GP) who sounded the alarm when she got my recent blood lab results. I guess your doctor and mine have different perspective when it comes to health risks related to cholesterol. BTW, when you say “lots of oysters”, how many dozens of oysters do you eat per week, normally?