1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Can kids eat oysters?

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Lindsay Alfieri, Jan 28, 2019.

1. I wanted to know if kids can eat oysters? I was about to feed my 4 year old oysters the other day and my husband said that in Italy they don't recommend giving oysters to kids.... but i wanted to check here because i think it would be a great food for my daughter.. Thanks!

2. digital

digital Gold

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Anderson Joe

Anderson Joe New Member

Yes, they can.

Lindsay Alfieri likes this.
  5. Anne V

Anne V Gold

I used to eat oysters as a kid, that was a wee while ago (50+)... in Normandy and Britanny in my days pretty standard as well as fish, shellfish...

Lindsay Alfieri likes this.
  6. Thanks everyone... they were talking about a bacteria that could "hurt the kids' stomachs and send them to the hospital" but if you check the oysters before eating them i dont see how a child's stomach is any different from an adults...anyways thanks for the feedback! :)