1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Can anyone hack me?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by chrystin.comeau@live.com, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hormone Test 03/05/2012 Units Range

Estradiol (saliva) 0.6 pg/ml 1.3-3.3 Premenopausal (Luteal)

Progesterone (saliva) 8 pg/ml 75-270 Premenopausal (Luteal)

Ratio: Pg/E2 (saliva) 13 Optimal: 100-500 when E2 1.3-3.3 pg/ml

Testosterone (saliva) 31 pg/ml 16-55 (Age Dependent)

DHEAS (saliva) 6.8 ng/ml 2-23 (Age Dependent)

Cortisol Morning (saliva) 6.1 ng/ml 3.7-9.5

Cortisol Noon (saliva) 1.8 ng/ml 1.2-3.0

Cortisol Evening (saliva) 0.8 ng/ml 0.6-1.9

Cortisol Night (saliva) 2.4 ng/ml 0.4-1.0

Free T4 (blood spot) 1.6 ng/dL 0.7-2.5

Free T3 (blood spot) 2.5 pg/ml 2.5-6.5

TSH (blood spot) 0.6 uU/ml 0.5-3.0

TPO (blood spot) * 15 IU/ml 0-150 (70-150 borderline)

Vitamin D, 25-OH, D2 < 4.0 ng/ml

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh my, your hormones are in the toilet! I'm not familiar with the tsh blood spot. I'll have to look that up. Cortisol too high at night. I'd start some pregnenolone, vitamin D and dhea. And I'd find a good bioidentical hormone doctor to get things rolling better. You could try the CT for a while and retest in 3 mos if you like. I'm not very patient myself. I like fixed NOW. LOL

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm w/Colleen on this one...

4. Thanks for your replies, ladies. I only know what I've read on the forums about bioidentical hormones and, although I am not opposed to them, shouldn't I be able to fix myself without taking exogenous hormones?

AND I read somewhere that with my pattern of high night cortisol and low dhea that I should eliminate caffeine... Comments?

5. L8F

L8F New Member

Agree with above, with the addition that it looks like from your Prog number that you had not yet ovulated, which is borne out by the fact that your period is late. So you have to shift the numerical interpretation to follicular phase, which makes the ratio a bit different. LRx should help even some of this out, and CT too....

I forget how long you have been on this LRx??

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You cannot produce what your body has STOPPED making. I went on BHRT last June via the Wiley Protocol which returns your hormones to optimum levels for your TWENTIES. I'm 65 and had a total hyst about 11-12 years ago. The change has been profound. I would strongly encourage you to read Wiley's book "Sex, lies and menopause."

7. High night time cortisol is often one of the first signs of adrenal problems. The cortisol readings will go up, usually the night time one, before they go low. Your body is in a constant state of "flight" at ngiht. Eliminate any stimulants like caffeine. I can't remember if you are doing the circadian protocol but I'd suggest that. I know PS is good to take at night to calm that high cortisol.

8. I had been on it for just over a month before I tested....

9. Ok, anybody that's listening....

I'm at my wits end. I'm feeling worse in every possible way. Less than a week into the rese t(back in January) , I had gained weight where I've NEVER gained before. I noticed my bra strap was feeling tight and pinchy. Kept up with it even though my weight kept going up. Now I' still fat, it's spring, when I should be enjoying the lovely weather and when my neighbors ask me if I'm hot wearing jeans I just want to say "HELL YES BUT THERE'S NO WAY ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING IS GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER THE AGONY OF GAZING UPON MY LEGS". On top of that, I am more tense and uptight than ever. If I do manage to control my temper, I can still feel it raging inside. My daughter spilled a little of her breakfast on the table this morning and I held it in but I was SO ANGRY. Just a couple of minutes ago my other daughter asked me to open the playroom window and I started crying because I felt like I just couldn't do it. I can acknowledge that I feel utterly overwhelmed in a situation that should not overwhelm anyone. Everything overwhelms me. On top of that, my binging has not improved nor has my obsession with food. I am so happy for those people that can post that because of their BAB and CT they are happily getting by just on breakfast but at the same time I resent them. I have struggled and suffered for so long with these issues and I've tried so many different things I can't even list them all. Not one of them worked. I now feel that nothing will work and I am hopeless. The worst is how this impacts my family- especially my kids who just absorb everything they pick up from me. And how I am WASTING MY PRECIOUS LIFE AWAY with these feelings and emotions that I can't get a handle on and being chubby and being blind to any of the great people and experiences in my life:(.......

10. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

Can you post a daily food log so we can see if we can pinpoint something?

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I agree with everyone who has posted so far, and also want to give you a big virtual hug. I know exactly what you're feeling right now. Totally been there Your solution may not be the same as my solution, but there is a solution for you. Time will figure it out. I am still there feeling like I'm screwing up my kids, although now it's mostly b/c of fatigue instead of anger, but I've been in the overwhelmed-feelings place, too, and I also know that my children *will* see the healthy me and I will teach them what I've learned and the love we have for each other will, I trust, heal the wounds.

Bless you, and keep on going. Please do post a sample day and help us hack you.

12. I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I've been there with feeling overwhelmed....overwhelmed with the most simple tasks. I even went to the doc on my 50th birthday to convince her that I really needed those thyroid drugs as my labs proved it and all she did was say that based on the symptoms I'm agoraphobic and she sent me off with t script for Wellbutrin. I'm very social and knew there was a problem when I didn't want to go out with my friends. For me it took getting on thyroid meds to help with that feeling of not being able to handle what was in front of me even though it may not be that much. It also helped with energy, and being able to take on more and do more in my life. I hope you can get to a doc somehow because you need some BHRT at the very least but your thyroid is starting to slow but it may need just a dab of progesterone to help it along.

13. Thank you all so much for your concern

14. Here's the last two days:

5 egg omelette with ham, cheese, broccoli. 2 cups coffee

1 hardboiled egg with avocado slice sprinkled w paprika and turmeric

steak with greens, olives, avocado, broccoli. couple of sips of red wine, 2 lindt squares

6 egg scramble with broccoli and a little grated cheese, 2 sausages, vites, water, coffee

tiny bit leftover rib eye with horseradish sauce, 8 strawberries small bowl of fage and froz bb, handful (like 5 of each) dark choc chips and macs

2 chicken thighs, grilled carrots and romaine, 2 slices watermelon, little red wine. mad cravings after lunch and dinner

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok - I don't have an ED...but I do have hormone problems... w/in a month on the LR I gained 10lbs... Dr K says when you gain on the LR - its an indication of hormone issues - which your labs verified... Check out MamaGrok's journal on MDA - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4753.html

she had a history of ED, sugar addiction... she struggled close to 6mths on the reset - having relapses etc...but suddenly one day it all clicked... she kept pushing fwd... hang in there... this works.. you've just got to trust your body

as for the emotional roller-coaster... If you're CTing as well.. you could be releasing emotions you've forgot about that have been stored up by your body... go w/it feel the emotions...laugh, cry, rage - grab something heavy and chuck it (outside preferably!) but let it go.... which can be a hard thing... especially if its been with you for a long time...

16. Thanks, I'm CTing a lot. twice a day if I can manage. I need to start doing a little exercise, which I haven't done at all this week. Since my lab results came back, I've been torn about what to do. I've spent the week laying in the unseasonably hot sun, CTing and reading. This morning greeted me well, fortunately, especially compared to last night, when i went to sleep at 8 or 8:30 to avoid having to think anymore about stuff and also to avoid feeling so much strange emotional pain. I so much appreciate everyone's help. And I had actually posted on someone else's thread (who was commenting that she was gaining on the rest) that Dr K had said that (about weight gain and hormones) and I had felt like "Whatever. my hormones are fine." LOL. He was spot on!

Shijin, what have you done to improve your hormones? Are you taking exogenous hormones? I'm curious about other people's experiences. I've heard from quite a few people that they are highly recommended but when I went to my very crunchy integrative GYN's website today, she had a very long page discussing the pros and cons. The overall feeling I got from her was that, while she will prescribe them, she is not a huge fan of bioidentical hormones. She says they hold the same risks as traditional HRT, although derived from "natural " sources are just as chemically manipulated and are "not a magic bullet". Definitely did not get any warm fuzzies from her. AND I feel like I would really like to treat myself more comprehensively. I feel like the low estrogen and progesterone are further down the chain of what I need to address....

17. Adria

Adria New Member

If you're Cting you should be eating keto-paleo. Your menu included watermellon, strawberries, greens etc, these are not in season. I suggest cut way down on the carbs and eat mostly seafood and grassfed meats, eggs, etc, no dairy. And eat more food until satisfied!! You will find when you cut the carbs and up the meat (and FAT, yes eat lots of good animal fats) you will become keto adapted and begin to lose your cravings (those sugar swings). Then CT can move you faster in the right direction.

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

cjco;4921 wrote: Thank you all so much for your concern

19. I will cut the fruit and chocolate and wine and what the hell, for the time being the veggies too. I was just reading about my borderline low free T3 and how OMG low T3 can make you a bona fide maniac- obsessive compulsive, moody. I'm going to have to go see my naturopath--i just hope that she is knowledgeable enough to help me!

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Cjco

Re BHRT. I've been on t3, progesterone & tri-est (90-7-3) for just over 2 wks. No impact as of yet other than a really crap TOTM.

I'm using Collen's doc DR Dzugan & his dzlogic program. Just gave my feed back & expect an adjustment in the program in the next 2 wks. I don't think I have enough P & T3 and I think I might have too E.

Well see what changes.