1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cajun Pork Roast

Discussion in 'Winter Paleo Recipes' started by fitness@home, Dec 10, 2013.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I bought a free-range pork roast at the local Farmer's Market recently and used this recipe. The spice rub seals in the juices and it was very good.

Cajun Pork Roast

2-pound pork loin roast
    3 tablespoons paprika
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    2 teaspoons thyme
    2 teaspoons oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    [HR][/HR]​
    Combine all seasonings and rub well over all surfaces of roast. Place roast in shallow pan and roast in 350 degree F. oven for about 45 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest until temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes before slicing. (Go heavy on applying the rub, more than you think)

[​IMG]

Nissa likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

That sounds so delicious - thanks! Paul Prudhomme has a great roast Beef ..... he cuts slits in the roast - quite deep actually and then stuffs in all the seasonings...... very yummy!

3. nicld

nicld Gold

Ooooh, I will have to try this since I LOVE pork!!!