1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ca channel blockers

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by NeilBB, Oct 11, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

sounds as if we have much more trouble than we know.......

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep........

3. did you see the news story on the brain still being alive despite someone being pronounced dead?
    their solution - apply ice and bring someone back to life...CT wins again

4. Jude

Jude Gold

Obviously missed that one.....where are you moving to Josh?

5. torquay, VIC

6. Jude

Jude Gold

Will keep in mind!

7. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Anyone care to share how they are using Ca Channel Blockers? I have the rx from my doctor now and am just curious what kind of effects you're seeing at what dosage, frequency, etc? I know it's n=1 and no one on here is giving medical advice - just curious what's working for some of you.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What works for others is of no use to you because their cells do not see the same EMF effects of your cells. You begin and monitor the result of your results and move from there. Quantum health is a N=1 game. Whatever has your attention directs your mind and your actions. Your fate is tied to recognizing and innovating pattern breaks in your life..............

rlee314, sunkissed, Alex97232 and 2 others like this.
  9. i remember reading that quercetin potentiates insulin secretion...?
    is this not opening the gate to cytochrome 1? i guess only in the presence of glucose...perhaps it makes one more insulin sensitive?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 likes this.
  11. Jude

Jude Gold

Anything to report Seahorse?:)

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Here's a update on my experience with calcium channel blocker Diltiazam…I was given it in early Feb. during a long bout of atrial fibrillation. I took if for a short time and stopped. After reading some of the info. here about emf mitigation I thought I would try it again and began taking it in late March….I did have a few very short periods of a-fib in for the next month…usually lasting less then 24 hours…but overall I had a few months of feeling pretty good with no real heart issues showing up and enjoying a laid back sense of wellbeing.

By mid June I was starting to feel depressed and extremely low energy…this was confusing as summer has been a period of renewal most years. In mid July I had one of the worst weeks in many, many years….this coincided with increasing my progesterone to 200. I stopped that and felt quite a bit of relief but not back to where I though I should be. I decided to stop the Diltiazam and that shot my energy and mood up a lot further. I did take LDN for a few weeks and that seemed to be helpful, but I wanted to see where I was without too many things coming into my system. So now for the past few weeks I've been off everything except magnesium at night, some gut support prebiotics, histame and lots of quercitin.

My experiment with the ca.channel blockers seems to point to the overall dampening effect it can have on a nervous system…my nervous system anyway…..and for sure there are other structural challenges that are going on that might make this way more of an issue for me than for somebody else.
    Ironically, I'm now back in a-fib for the last two days and I'm taking the Diltiazam to lower my heart work load while this is going on….I think it is definitely effective in doing that. But going forward I won't be on it long term….

The other thing I did notice is that my emf sensitivity was decreased and now that I'm in a-fib it is really high again. I measure this by the feeling I get in my arms being in front of the computer. As for the phone, I don't use it very much unless I've been travelling and I keep it really far away from my body, so I don't notice much difference with the phone.

Diltazam is one of the blockers that is a combination of the two classes of the drug….all of that is written up in the article I posted a few pages back.

I beginning to think that the biggest stress on my system at the moment is the fact that I have no occlusion in my mouth except for one spot. I think this is ultimately what is behind the a-fib….I'm in metal braces now, which I hate, I'm getting cold feet about the surgery and yet I need to have some relief from the degeneration in my jaw and the lack of bite. Bearded Josh sent me some really interesting stuff about DO's and DC's using appliances to fix TMD, and beardless Josh pointed me in another direction about my teeth and sources of stress on my system…thanks to both Josh's!

So…I'm getting ready to do something different…..I just don't know what that means yet, but it's going to happen soon.:)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Alex97232 likes this.
  13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I hear you about the metal, SeaHorse. Going without any jewelry has become a full-time thing with me. When I do wear my glasses, I think the biggest problem is at the nose piece. That, and surrounding my eye with an oval antenna... TMJ has been an issue with me since I was a kid; it isn't bothering me much now. Never had any pain with it, but at one time the popping on both sides was a constant irritation. Not sure what has given me relief, probably a combination of things. I'm lucky to not have any added metal in my mouth or bones.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just filled my script for ccb today ....my Doc is very interested in this.

I am kinda worried about my B/P dropping too low. I took it at the pharmacy and it is 116/74 - My doc said to not let it go below 110....and leg swelling is a side affect. - goodness knows I don't need anymore of that. I have to read up more on this.....

Alex97232 likes this.
  15. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

For what it's worth Audrey…I did have some edema when I first took the ccb's and then the second time when I stayed on them, I did not. I do think it helped with collagen unzipping…it just had too much "relaxing" effect on my system. I have low bp too and it didn't get too low while I was taking them. And it depends on which class of ccb you are taking in terms of different effects you might have….

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  16. BTA

BTA New Member

one of the best ccb is celery seed extract - it contains 3nb, 3-nbutylphthalide. 3nB is unique to celery and is responsible for the vegetable’s characteristic flavor and odor. It was discovered as the active component of celery by researchers who were seeking to explain some of the vegetable’s medicinal effects. 3nB first drew significant scientific attention when researchers at the University of Chicago Medical Center identified it as the component responsible for celery’s blood pressure–lowering effect.

3nB has shown tremendous promise in animal studies as an anticancer phytonutrient and detoxification aid, but its use as a pain reliever in arthritis, fibromyalgia and gout is getting most of the attention.

The results of the study were extremely positive and quite statistically significant. The chance that these results were due to a placebo effect is less than one in 1000.

1. Le QT and Elliott WJ: Hypotensive and hypocholesterolemic effects of celery oil may be due to BuPh. Clin Res 1991;39:173A.
    2. Tsi D and Tan BKH: Cardiovascular pharmacology of 3-n-butylphthalide in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Phytotherapy Research 1997;11:576-82.
    3. Le QT and Elliott WJ: Dose-response relationship of blood pressure and serum cholesterol to 3-n-butylphthalide, a component of celery oil. Clin Res 1991;39:750A.
    4. Mimura Y, Kobayashi S, Naitoh T, Kimura I and Kimura M:The structure-activity relationship between synthetic butylidenephthalide derivatives regarding the competence and progression
of inhibition in primary cultures proliferation of mouse aorta smooth muscle cells. Biol Pharm Bull 1995;18:1203-6.
    5. Yu SR, Gao NN, Li LL,Wang ZY, Chen Y and Wang WN:The protective effect of 3-butyl phthalide on rat brain cells.Yao Hsueh Hsueh Pao 1988;23:656-61.
    6. Chong ZZ and Feng YP: dl-3-n-butylphthalide improves regional cerebral blood flow after experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao 1999;20:509-
    7. Chong ZZ and Feng YP: dl-3-n-butylphthalide attenuates reperfusion-induced blood-brain barrier damage after focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao
1999;20:696-700.
    8. Yan CH, Feng YP and Zhang JT: Effects of dl-3-n-butylphthalide on regional cerebral blood flow in right middle cerebral artery occlusion rats. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao
1998;19:117-20.

17. Jude

Jude Gold

OK .... sounds good to me...how much celery do I need to eat to achieve calcium b effects?....

18. BTA

BTA New Member

celery? as much as 1/2 to 1 pound. But Life Extention sells a great Celery Seed Extract that's tested for active components. One pill and done.

I've been testing to see it's effects - so far so good. I also enjoy the anti-inflammation properties it has - always good to keep the fire at bay.

caroline likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Really interesting stuff .... thanks BTA. How long have you been using it? Dosing?

20. kovita

kovita Silver

that is interesting. Thanks for this post. In central europe, celery is a base of almost any dish, pretty as much as onion and garlic. it is typical vegetable of this zone together with other root vegetables such as carrot, parsnip etc. we do use both, tho buld roots and the green stalks with leaves, which is being used as a herb pretty much like parsley. I love celery and eat a lot of it because i feel the urge to consume it anytime i see it around. I have no idea about this benefit! I wonder if parsnip wouldn't conagin similar nutrient, because the taste and odour is very similar. Celery is as well typical cold season vegetable, because it keeps fresh and edible for a long time if properly stored (cold and dark place, we have always stored it together with pumpkins and turnips in the outdoor stone cellar). Another hint i definitely should pay attention to my ancestors practices in my geographical zone.

caroline likes this.