1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

C02 intolerance affecting cold adaptation?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Stephen W, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:16 AM.

1. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Hey Jack,

I’ve been a mouth breather all my life, so this has made me more intolerant to rises in body C02 because as you would know, chronic mouth breathing blows off too much c02 (hyperventilating) and the body gets use to this low level c02 in the body, and the need to want to breathe more increases. (Your breathing reflex is governed by c02 build up not lack of oxygen, if anyone wanted to know!). It’s a vicious cycle!

Anyhow, I suck in the cold water! I shiver very fast etc. NOW, since finding your protocol and going back to square one in regards to CT, and working on my mammalian dive reflex with face dunks, I understand now that the mammalian dive reflex and tolerating carbon dioxide has a pretty big connection right!?

Could my life of mouth breathing and C02 intolerance be the reasoning of my cold intolerance??

Thanks