1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

So I smoothed my lodge 10 inch skillet with 40, 80 and 120 sandpaper with bare hands :D
    It was quite funny. After 4-5 seasoning runs with coconut oil in the oven now the skillet is really good for the beginning. Im glad that I smoothed it.
    It has a bronze/silver color now and I hope with cooking it will improve to black. My last tefal skillet now is ripe for the garbage bin.
    Tomorrow we go sailing. Im excited.

Phosphene, Marko Pollo and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Every man should.

Don't forget that it's iron that is formed and signals the beginning of a star's end and it's iron that sits in the cytochrome at the core of your redox.

That cast iron could be sitting in the kitchen of your grandchild someday as they explain to their children how the pan belonged to their great grandpa and how he taught how to love through the action of making family meals.

A connection through time like that is something I wish for you.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Phosphene, Marko Pollo and Lahelada like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

One of my many regrets is not being able to cook with my grandmother’s cast iron. It was sold for pennies 30 years ago before I knew any better.

Her pot roast was blissful.

drezy likes this.
  4. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

I agree with your observations of flowfest.
    It felt a little disconnected and a little too product oriented. For what I paid for entry I guess I expected more late breaking ideas and information.
    Anyway it all ended up well with Jack's talk and the Q&A but felt cut short.
    I'm voting for some members only events to bring more members in contact with each other and to build real community instead of only virtual community.
    I will welcome any ideas of what these member events should look like so that members would be willing and able to attend.
    Thanks for your oveview of flowfest.

Phosphene, Butters and drezy like this.
  5. Butters

Butters New Member

Product oriented, thats the right words. Thanks for your thoughts.

6. Butters

Butters New Member

I noticed a change in my body hair this year. This year might be the year with the most sun exposure ever in my life. I have not much body hair, but this summer I have much hair growth at my arms and all the hair I had prior is white/blonde now. Much of my leg hair is also white/blonde now. It was black in winter and I have dark hair. I dont know if there is a connection, but I seem to have some grey or white hair on my had. Could be a bad sign or have the same root.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

I just found my prefered way of CT in the summer, when the lakes and water is warm. I hope there is wind and I quick dip in and dip out, wait till the water vaporizes and then repeat the cycle. In this way I hit the sweat spot of goosebumps while I am in UV light, so double +. It gets quickly to the point where dipping in the water is actually warmer (or a short warm up) and letting it vaporize is "harder". Of course it requires frequently dipping and rising ;)
    Also I try to be as cool as possible while staying in sunlight. When Im at the lake, I am pracically in the water all the time, to keep my skin cool. When Im sunbathing for Vit D and turn body sides I let myself cool down a bit before switching sides, use all that sweat.

Lahelada likes this.
  8. Butters

Butters New Member

So we have a car for a few months now. Its an relatively old car from 2002 so no blutooth shit etc. Also it has a little sunroof :D. That is a big plus.
    So when Im drivining in this I almost every time have a least the sun roof open and the drivers window down. Alone with the higher lux intensity with open sun roof its amazing. So when I buy a new car only with a sun roof as big as possible.

Lahelada and drezy like this.
  9. Butters

Butters New Member

Lol my iron pan now is my hobby. After messing up the first seasoning rounds I slowly start to understand what to do. Ive also have a forged iron pan from my parents, which they dont use.
    I think my stock will go up with a little "de Buyer Mineral B" pan and soon with a "Staub" Cocotte. Here in europe forged iron pans are usually cheaper than cast iron.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    drezy likes this.
  10. Butters

Butters New Member

So we are getting ready to move. The place where we go will maximally have 16.000 people, but I opt for 5000 or so. Because I will have some problems at work I want to have my home as EMF quiet as possible. Soon I will look for some flats and take my meter with me.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

I just ordered the EMR-Tek fire-wave device. I will start my job in a few months and will be in an artificial lit environment 8 hrs a day (also called inside ;)). And its winter then so I had to take some actions. One action included a house where RF Radiation is very low and population density also. We are going to live in the first floor and have access to a garden, big windows to east and south side. Next things to buy will be an Osram Vitalux 300 Watt UVA/UVB bulb and some clip-ons for daytime and nighttime. Because of my job I came to the decision to do some exceptional things, or that the sun will not be enough, especially in the winter. Im also father of another young healthy daughter now.
    Lately my awareness of how much window glass changes the spectrum of light grew. Most of the time you dont even need a spectrometer (which is too expensive for me), when you open the window you can see it with bare eyes. Its simply amazing and I keep telling this my beloved persons in situations when its clear to see when you know where to look. Most of the "aquarium light" is so pale in contrast to pure sunlight. It must also block a good part of the yellow frequencies.

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Congratulations on the new daughter.
    I like your Vitalux choice. Did you read Dr Wunschs advice to use it only in those metal lamps as they get extremely hot? If you put them into a plastic socket/"Fassung" they melt. Pardon my Mother Henly glucking if you already know

13. Butters

Butters New Member

Thank you. I think ceramic sockets will work. But I have to do a little research.
    I just got my fire-wave device. Lets see what to do with it. Preparing for the move also. I just read the Leipzig is getting ready for 5G so this I think was the right move. You can now look on maps where you can find "officially" 5G in Big cities.
    I think I will build a frame for my fire wave out of wood to have it sitting safe and can change the angle easily.

14. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I just received 3 of my mother-in-law's cast iron pans. This is a project now to sand and get back in use.

My cabin was broken into once in the past. The only thing missing was a beautiful cast iron pan! made me mad at the time ;)

drezy likes this.
  15. Thanks Butters for inspiring me to polish my cast iron. So happy to be done with nonstick pans and plastic spatulas.

drezy likes this.
  16. Butters

Butters New Member

Glad to hear that. I just added a De Buyer carbone plus pan to my hardware. I have to admit that my seasoning is not the best. But it seems that the pans get better with cooking rather with oven or stove top seasoning. Or I just havent the right technique. But is is definitely more fun to cook with some heavy iron cookware.

drezy likes this.
  17. It is like getting to know a new lover! Way different response to heat. More thermal mass/inertia. Im loving this honeymoon! I just sauteed some plantains in coconut oil, killed the heat, drained the grease, and now some onion, serrano ham and cream cheese is softening together in the residual heat, ready to be quickly brought back to cooking temp for egg addition.

drezy likes this.
  18. Butters

Butters New Member

So Im using the Fire Wave device right now. I somehow have to figure out to place it to treat optimal without having to flex my whole body. Maybe I really have to build a lafette or something similar for that. The device isnt without any heat. Within treating distance you clearly recognize a heat output. Is it the wavelength of light or the heat emission from the device itself is the question, because I thought NIR would be cold?
    I recognize a tingling after some minutes on the treated area or in case of the face, pulsating blood and definitely the whole body is heating up tremendously, although not much heat is coming off the device.
    I first try to treat my face for: facial hair growth, skin regeneration (because of bad skin since puberty) and closed eyes for my floater and other eye problems, of course teeth treatment is a byproduct. Then thyroid is a big one for me and my upperbody chest/stomach are for gut health and I try to do something about my minor gynecomastia. Maybe it works.

19. Butters

Butters New Member

So CT season is starting again and I'll do my very best. I started of with cold showers. My O3 shouldt be to good in the membranes because I got some brain freeze when eating ice cream. A problem with fish started a while ago. My go to fish was smoked mackerel and sprats but I started to get heavy stomach ache for 1-2hrs after consuming the mackerels regularly. Also happened after eating herring salad and a bit after sprats. Really annoying and came out of nothing, that ruins the fish for me. I keep on eating sprats because I seem to tolerate them better.
    Anyway I was cold plunging in our home sea at 12°C with my daughter (3yrs) on a warm autumn day. She wanted a second time and wasnt quite cold. First plunge was 5min, second was longer and no shivering from us two. Im very proud of my daughter because she did it without asking her. Took her clothes off and said:" Papa, baden?".