1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

I let me sleep as long as I want.. I must, because I sometimes have to work until midnight in summer. It is horrible, I know.. It happens not often, but sometimes it do. I have a very physical work as I waitress, so I just need lots of sleep when I work long days. I do go outside immediately when I wake up though. It is very different, sometimes at 6 AM sometimes at 7 or even 8 AM if I am sleep deprived.
    I sleep with open window with no curtains so I always get the first light on my face anyways.. even if I sleep..lol IDK if it helps but I do love it :) I need the connection to the light. And I can sleep even if it is already light outside, if I am tired enough.

That is cool about your allergy disappearing outside!!

Are you eating strawberries or other fruits/sugar at the moment?
    I cant tolerate any cultivated fruit. I had strawberries at work and I got some kind of fungus between my toe.. it always happens when I eat more than one/a few strawberry. It scratches so bad.It heals very fast tho when I stop eating that stuff.
    My body just hate cultivated fruit and sugar. maybe in a perfect environment I could do it but here I cant.

Have you got any hotel for the Flowfest yet? I have not yet and wanted try to get a room a little closer to other members, that would be fun :) :)

drezy likes this.
  2. Butters

Butters New Member

Oh I didnt know your job is so bad.
    Maybe with the long days its not as bad when waking up not at the sunrise, because there is a longer time with am sunlight. I really have no clue how to hack this. So far I try to put my blueblockers on at 9pm where the sun still has not set but that also seems to me artificial. I just think about what would happen in nature. One would go to sleep until its darker, but would one wake up when its getting brighter 5-6hrs later? Would one do more naps during the day like midday?
    I indeed eat more sugar now that I get more sun. This is indeed the summer with the most sun exposure in my whole life I think. When I can I get 1-2 hrs in the morning and 1-2 hrs in the midday, because I have for now a relativily easy schedule. On weekends we often drive to the lake and be there from 8am on to early afternoon. I finally got my wife to get some sun and she finally got a bit of a tan. I recently measured the lake and gods sake it has low EMF exposure + not so many people like other places. I begin to feel the difference between nature and city. I feel much more sharp after sun exposure and grounding outside vs city. Yet the fungus indicates that our environment is a mess.
    I fight with some fungus here an there since my puberty. But always had times where is disappered completely. I think I will try lugols mixture for my toe.

For the flowfest I will camp with a friend, because we are on low budget and hotels in Munich are expensive like ****. Its warm outside, so no problem and maybe we find a place without much EMF despite we will going for a place near the Prater Insel. I will take the Esi-24 with me to test.
    Inger - are you ready for the Eistonne on the flowfest? I think I am not :D

Paleodocteur likes this.
  3. Butters

Butters New Member

So I just listened to the 3hrs podcast between Jack and Luke Storey again, because it was so unreal good. In the part of control through social media, I really had to think about the elections for the EU-Parlament in may. Because all europe elected conservative but germany mainly elected left or more precise green. Days before there came a video made by a young youtube guy out and got viral. It was mainly pushing the CO2 agenda and "destroying all other parties" with all the arguments we all know about and it got 14 million clicks in a short time. Days after that a short video which was supported by 90 youtube stars punched in the same hole. I think that was a big experiment how propaganda can be spread about social media and it seemed to work out. The videos were mainly directed to the youngster with unmyelinated brains, because this is the age group influenced by the youtube channels.
    I dont think Jack has the time to speak about that at the flowfest and its a difficult thing, but it is a very interesting fact. You cant really talk in germany about politics anymore freely, when you are a critic.

Lahelada likes this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

well sometimes my job is real bad..lol But also quite good, depends! :)

Camping sounds cool too :) :)

I would quit sugar where you are now. See if itching goes away. I cant eat even apples. But I can eat all the wild berries I want in nature, never an issue! But only wild local picked berries in season., They are the perfect carb for me. Some veggies and salad etc are fine too. But fruit, no.
    What sugars are you eating?
    When environment is shitty you need to be more careful with what you eat. At least that is how it is for me....

drezy likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

Congrats for baby nr 2 :) :) :)

6. drezy

drezy Gold

Absolutely my experience.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

Out of town and finally cleared the last DECT Phone and WLAN signals.

IMG_20190623_114921791.jpg

Because I probably get 8+ hrs of sunlight and at least 4+ hrs direct with 2am and 2 midday at UV 8, I will Open one of these.

signal-2019-06-23-114839.jpg

Inger likes this.
  8. [QUOTE="Butters, post: 272921, member: 9350"
    For the flowfest I will camp with a friend, because we are on low budget and hotels in Munich are expensive like ****. Its warm outside, so no problem and maybe we find a place without much EMF despite we will going for a place near the Prater Insel. I will take the Esi-24 with me to test. :D[/QUOTE]
    looking for one too
    do you believe it is possible to camp on the Isar banks or by the lakes ( I see trains going there but have no Idea if service will enable to be on time for event)

9. Butters

Butters New Member

I think wild camping is not allowed in germany or it is a grey zone, if you mean that. You have to look for "Campingplätze".

Paleodocteur likes this.
  10. Butters

Butters New Member

So this year I have probably seen more sunrises than before in my whole life.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

So the flowfest weekend was interesting. It didnt went like I expected it. It was only after Jacks patreon post, that I got a better picture, because with only my available information is wasnt complete.
    I slept on a campingplace out of the center of munich. We picked a place without light pollution for our tent. There was minimal HF pollution, too. That didnt help. We had to go into the tent at 9.30pm because of thousands of mosquitos. So it was hot like hell in the tent. We were three persons in a three man tent :(. So me and my close friend from Leipzig didnt sleep well and not pretty much. I personally think I fell asleep in the early morning hours. We were pretty screwed but got in the morning light and took a very cold shower. That helped a lot - at first.
    We arrived at the flowfest I think 9.15 a.m. After the morning meditation we went to the water fountain, because I really felt dehydrated (I drank a lot of water over the whole day in response). So Jack came out this moment, but my impression was, that there was quite a bit wrong with him. His face showed it. So one of the aims for me was, to at least say Jack hello at the event, but at this moment I decided to let him alone with his peers because he seemed to be at another place and very stressed and Im very introverted and speaking english doesnt make it better. I regret that now.
    So we listened Max Gotzler and sat in the sun and Del Henderson showed up. It turned out he did know my friend from Leipzig through a functional patterns workshop in london and the other friend, too. At this moment I didnt know who he was, but our other friend gave his phone number, because Del wanted to introduce us to Jack this day. Now this didnt happen maybe for various reasons. But funny how things are connected here. Right after my friend from Leipzig jumped into the ice bath (which wasnt cold at this time) before the Alexander Wunsch talk.
    Dr. Wunschs talk was amazing but he got quite angry because an update had ruined all his audio and video files for the talk. He will fix it for internet availability. At this time we got very tired and felt the last night. So we listend to one other talk and during lunch break we simply lay down at the beach zone of the event and took a nap.
    I have to say most of the talks on the event were very superficial. Quite a lot of speakers were advertising products, what was really annoying. In other talks the information was so old and the level so low, that I got the impression they talked to a peer of teenagers with no clue about biohacking. Unfortunately I didnt listened to Matts talk because we would like to have seats for Jacks talk.
    Although Jacks talk didnt tell many new things to me, it was an emotional experience, because I got to feel the vibe of Jack. The discussion wasnt really what I expected, because it wasnt a real discussion imo. Dr. Wunsch got to talk about some of his devices but I think it was boring for him. All questions were directed to Jack, which showed the impression he made. But I think all of the people who asked followed Jack. Unfortunately Max had to end the Q&A soon. With more time it could have turned out like a massive Q&A.
    After the talk a crowed followed Jack and asked some questions, then he decided to take it to the beach for an Q&A. I informed my friend who listened to another talk and got to shake at least one time Jacks hand and say hello. So at least this aim was completed. The Q&A didnt lasted long, because behind Jack live music would start and as I read on his blogpost he left afterwards. Now I know the background why Jack wasnt to find much on the flowfest and why he looked so tired.
    The new thing I learned is, that Jack said germans have a mixed haplotyp or so and it can transform into a more african haplotyp with tighter coupling in stronger UV. This explaines his tan.
    I decided to stay a bit longer, because I hoped to get in a connection with jack or at least I thought I had to do something. My friends already left, because they were floored. This didnt happend but I met a friendly couple from outer london which followed Jack, with which I had a nice conversation. Unfortunately the last night hit me and I just remember the name of the gentlemen, but I think it was Simon and Lindsay. I got some information about how the 5G rollout will happen in some german regions and we shared some stories. So I finally came in touch with some Jack Kruse members.
    Next day my friend from Leipzig and me had time and visited munich and we got to the bavaria statue and finished the afternoon with a tasty bavarian dinner.

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  12. Butters

Butters New Member

New breakfast of champions:

4 scrambled eggs + kerrygold cheddar + 100g sprats (without head and tail)

Im just trying my new lodge cast iron pan. I need to cook more bacon I think :rolleyes: I need more iron pans...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the good talk at the flowfest to the friendly couple from England, Im now more into fish again.

Luckily I now CAN eat oyster mushrooms. No stomach ache anymore, maybe it was the cultured mushrooms. These things are so delicious... These are popping out here at the supermarket as local foods. They soak up all the butter, soooo nice. You put one piece of butter in and then just, where did it go? :D

Right now thinking about the EMR Fire-Wave. Seems to be the best for my budget and we really need a red light in here. Currently searching about import costs to germany :(

Linz, caroline and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

I cook most of what we eat on cast iron.

Lodge does a pretty good job with the surface, but it can be made more slick if you'd like. I've resurfaced(with sand paper) several pans until they were extra smooth, then add bacon grease, then heat and you get yourself a slip and slide surface. There are youtube videos out there to explain the process if you are interested.

14. Butters

Butters New Member

Im thinking about sandpaper actually. Seasoning only with coconut oil didnt give me the results I would like to have.

15. Saichi

Saichi New Member

John Schumacher likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

I paid around 300 euro all in all for the Firewave. Post and taxes.
    You get a nice pair of blueblockers - for free - with it too :)

You will not regret spending that money on the redlight. I have not, I can assure you :)
    I am on budget all the time too, and I am soooo glad i spent that money on the light!

Trying to save up to buy the bigger light of Josh. Looks not so good because the summer has been not so sunny, means less money for me... But I try anyways :) 2 redlights cant be bad :) :)

Brent Patrick likes this.
  17. Butters

Butters New Member

I actually sand it yesterday :). Lets see how it goes.

300 Euro is ok. But with taxes only 300?

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Well... I might have to go and check exactly how much it was in the end.... maybe I do remember it wrong
    but even if it was a bit over 300 euro, it still is very much worth it, every cent :) so just do it Alex :)

19. Inger

Inger Silver

I checked it, it was 354,99 USD
    that should be around 300 euro :)
    all inclusive, taxes and post

20. Butters

Butters New Member

Thank you very much for your information, Inger.