1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Todays CT was a bit overdone. I was highly motivated but sleep was not so good, maybe because we drank white wine yesterday early evening. Maybe that contributed. I had tough time to finish my BAB, which never happened.
    Nevertheless I did CT afterwards. Felt fine getting in, no shivering, just relaxing listening to a Jack podcast. But at 25min I had to get out (plan was to get the 30s). Because I got blood noises rushing through the ears and had a weird flicker sensation on the edges of my vision field (upper edge when I looked down and lower edge when I looked up). No dizziness but I ended the session. I checked the mouth temperature and it was 35°C. So even lower than normal. So I rewarmed my feet and hands and I got the idea, maybe its better to sit in the water to warm a bit up the lower body. I did that and measured after minutes again and had 34,6° so even lower! Dont why that happened. Maybe because of vasodilatation of extremities through warm water? I was shivering but not as bad as I have in the past but my mind was not that clear. I made the nail blanch test, but it was good during CT.

Maybe 20-25min is my limit for now and bodyfat or the alcohol is the cause. I think I tend to push more than is good for me.

2. Butters

Butters New Member

Now the good thing for being still at university is, that I can pull the full study vs the abstracts for free.
    So I pulled the many cited CT study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10751106
    and read it which makes things more clear.
    And it seems to me I have to take a better method for core temperature measuring and we all know what to do... ;)

3. drezy

drezy Gold

Yep.... Get way better at guessing!

4. Butters

Butters New Member

No I meant another thing - a clinical thing.
    Im going on with the protocol. Slowly I become a CT junky. I have to restrain a bit, because I tend to neglect other important things for CT and CT is consuming some time with the warming up phase afterwards.
    Im now on 25min without hard shivering. Water in the filled tub is now 10,5-11°C. Im doing the feet/hands CT with as much upperbody/neck in the water without wetting the knitted hat and hair. Always listening to a Jack podcast or something. The shivering starts when I go out and warm up. I use a short warm shower for my feet then and for the hands when cold, it helps me to stay comfortable. I might actually get into meditating, because I heard how its helping retaining light. I currently search for meditation regimes.

recoen and drezy like this.
  5. recoen

recoen Gold

@Butters i like Sam Harris’ “waking up” course.

6. Butters

Butters New Member

You mean for meditation?
    Im searching for TM techniques now without the information about meditation around.

I think cold tubs get a little easier now. I had 25min without too much effort also without symptoms that forced me to go out like, I cant concentrate to listen to the podcast. Icey water drinking is better also. I had no brain freeze the last times drinking, what used to be a minimal feeling few weeks ago.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

Weird thing happens. My teeth are more clean after avoiding coffee for a while. I dont know if Im brushing better or the coffee was giving me huge plagues and stains. I cant stop touching them with my tongue. We`ll see what happens next.
    Yesterday light symptoms of a cold. Got in that tub for 25min - best feeling ever since. Today its better.
    Outside I get feet and hands still cold after a while with tingeling toes.
    Morning temperature is about 36,3°C in the mouth right after waking up.

8. Butters

Butters New Member

This morning with my daughter.

IMG_20190122_082356710.jpg

9. Butters

Butters New Member

I personally found out it suits me better, when I do CT in the morning after BAB even when before sunrise. When I do it in the evening after dinner I seem not to feel that motivated, but when its getting bright outside I do. I can warm up better (do more).
    Today was kind of little break through after pausing CT for 2 days and before short sessions of 15-20min. The water was 9,5°C when jumping in straight from the tub and I stayed in 30min. I began barely noticing little shiverings at the mark.
    My morning temperature after waking up measured orally was 36,6°C. And in the Tub I measured after 22min and it was still at 35,8°C which explains why I didnt shiver. Highest temperature ever. I didnt even shiver afterwards to warm up.
    Last 2 nights I had some quite vivid dreaming episodes which I could remember in the morning.

10. Butters

Butters New Member

Its one month since I saw Jack's posted picture with the spider webs and caffeine. For on month I have been without coffee and just now I seem to get the full effect of that. Since then I upped my CT practice, too. And that gets better. Maybe that is contributing to my slowly clear getting mind.
    I had my 30min CT session in the 10°C water and I didnt shiver a bit during that. A took a short feet bath though to restart circulation in them but rewarming was quite easy with some movement. Im still doing arms and feet out CT with submerging as much of my upper body as possible to the neck - sometimes moving a bit around when I feel the water gets too warm around my body.
    I think my body temperature is higher but cant test it reliable. The lugols wasnt giving my stomach problems, it was somehow the mackerel that I ate 3-5 times a week for some months now. So I switched to canned herring and took the lugols again.
    Im curious how far I can push my body with CT now. This is I believe the most comfortable gain in CT Ive ever made.
    The dreaming persists and I wonder if my new CT frequency has something to do with it.
    That would mean my heteroplasmy can be lowered quite fast at least a bit.

Phosphene likes this.
  11. Butters

Butters New Member

So it seems I finally will go and see Dr. Kruse with a friend of mine at the flowfest. Im already excited :D.

OliverGruener2 and Phosphene like this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Me too :) :) I will be there!! :) :) :) Great that you are able to come Alex!

OliverGruener2 likes this.
  13. Butters

Butters New Member

Nice. I a bit proud of me, because I usually find any excuses not to do social stuff. But I always wanted to see Dr. Kruse and I didnt thought the would be possible in germany, so I scraped up the money finally.
    Update for my coffee experiment: No coffee at all since beginning of 2019. I do eat some dark chocolate but not so much per day that it would come close to a cup of coffee.

14. Butters

Butters New Member

So I got a huge hit, because it seems that in canned fish the DHA is totally destroyed. Did I do shit all the time? But maybe thats good, because I stop eating out of cans this way and look for better alternatives.
    Sun is getting stronger here and I try to get as much already in low UV time as possible. Ive already got a big tan on the arms after getting UV 4 sun a few times. It seems each year the tan comes back faster than in the last.

15. OliverGruener2

OliverGruener2 New Member

@Inger @Butters
    I'll be at the flowfest too. What about meeting up there?

16. Butters

Butters New Member

I hope so.
    I had the luck to see 4 real sunrises at easter weekend. Also plenty of sun in the am midday and pm, as much as I could get.
    After the first sunrise the next morning my SCN was resetted. I constantly woke up 30min before the actual sunrise at dawn.
    At home I can see the sun only short after sunrise at 3° elevation angle. But I noticed during those sunrises, that the light turned from orange to yellow very quick in a few minutes. Also there was no red phase. So maybe the actual sunrise is not as important to get right away and stress about it.
    I noticed that my sleep requirement has decreased to somewhat 7hrs. I remember Jack said optimal is 7.30 minutes. But maybe its part of a longer am and pm sun window in higher latitudes that the sleep requirement decreases in summer time.
    I got a bit of burning but that was quite little in comparison with the midday sun exposure. Maybe the am and pm conditioning does its work.
    IMG_20190422_060805317.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019