1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I promise I'll help you with the burden of adding the 0.3 @Butters. Just let me know.

The last sentence above is a reason to love math if ever I saw one.

12ºC sounds good to me. I'm happy like a little oyster with anything from 9(48)-15.5(60).

Stephen W likes this.
  2. Butters

Butters New Member

Hm. Adding 0,3 would put me to 36,9°C this morning. Temperature is fluctuating a little bit, shouldnt the temperature highest in the afternoon? But I have catched a little sore throat yesterday, too. So that may contribute. But anyway interesting hacks.

Yeah drezy, but you have good sun I guess.

A good hack would be bunkering some vessels outside on the balcony, filled with water, let it cool down and then use it to cool the tub.
    I can even use my old physics studys to calculate the accurate mixtemperature OR the amount of water /ice I need to get my beloved temperature :D That I didnt thought about that before...

That would be a physics 101 with biohacking practice.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    drezy likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Not always in the winter. I just whimper a little and get in.

Using natural cold to get you ice is an elegant solution.

4. Butters

Butters New Member

So after measuring regularly the with the term 0,3°C corrected temperature is round about 36,8 - 36,9°C.
    Which is on the lower end of normal.
    So after researching a bit in the forum, I might be deficient in iodine and selenium. Maybe the fish, that I eat, is not optimal enough because it has very good DHA (indicated through the brain freeze test - it actually got even better now) but not so much iodine - because I mainly eat mackerel and some herring.
    Maybe hacking with lugols and selenium could temporary hack the problem - and that would be a hack with measuring temperature.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Alex, did your goiter disappear? Because I remeber you told you had that.. which is a iodine deficiency symptom.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is there any research about that that you could post.
    My son in law have a goiter.
    Good research may convince him to take Lugols.

Now I told him and he eats tart cherry pills from GNC.

upload_2018-11-28_11-34-3.png

7. Inger

Inger Silver

wow... Jan, sure! I have several books about Idone, and in all the books, Goiter is a sure symptom of Iodine deficiency! Also animals can get this, and are then given Iodine.
    You could buy one of the books about Iodine therapy, or just google it, I am so sure there are lots of information about it.
    The Thyriod enlarges as it is deperate for getting even a little bit of Iodine, as there is way too little. That is why it gets big and you becomes a goiter. Goiter was very common in Switzerland etc. up in the mountains far away from the sea and seafood (also many was born disabled/stupid, and very small in size, all because of Iodine deficiency). But then the Government started to Iodize salt and foods, and the goiter and that other illness (I do not remember its name but it is when you look a bit weird, a bit braindamaged and very small sized) disappeared, or got way less common. It used to be a huge issue before the iodized salt started to be used.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

What are the tart cherry pills good for?

9. Inger

Inger Silver

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I messed up, sorry.

I said goiter but I meant GOUT.

///////////

upload_2018-11-28_17-57-28.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Butters

Butters New Member

Goiter? I dont know, really. I have the impression that I have more room for my throat when I kick my head back, but it is really subjective.
    Wouldnt bet. I bought iodized salt again year ago for our daily salt consume, so we get some going.
    I will add some lugols again regularly and see if temperature is going up higher. Yesterday after the dinner it was at 37.0 °C deep under tongue, but this morning after weaking up 35,5°C. So there is a big difference.
    I just researched for selenium content in fish and that might not be so bad in my case. Mackerel is not that bad and Herring is good too.Thuna has a good amount but is the big predator fish.
    One thing I should mention is, that I eat eggs every day 3-4 not pastured but here called "Free range". So maybe I get some problems from that. But its some of the best and fastest foods I can make for breakfast.
    That would put my selenium per day at a minimum of 100µg with the eggs and 100-150g fish. But I need to up the seafood.

My water bowl on the balcony has ice in it. I did some face dunks this morning, felt amazing. Got my skin temperature down quick.
    With the shower at 12°C I get my skin temperature with permanent water hitting one place for 5min down to 13°C on the spot.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  12. Butters

Butters New Member

Im back to cold showers again. The water now hits a bit under 12°C and finally the skin is turning red.
    I track my morning temperatures and over the day and after waking up the temperature is only at 36°C.
    Core temperature seems to fall during CT, but it can also be the cold water that I drink before. But I think its falling, thats more realistic for now.
    I reintegrated the lugols 5% with 3 drops now daily. Lets see what happens.
    Can the low temperature actually a cursor why Im often not motivated to do things or lack aggressivness in my life?

Cheryl. likes this.
  13. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

The image overpowered his words, but he meant GOUT.

14. Butters

Butters New Member

Im taking my lugols 5% again every morning. No side effects so far. No swollen throat as I had it the first time I took lugols in my life. Im on about 30mg now everyday. Im shooting a bit in the dark, so I plan to test about Iodine absorption in the near future, which is called a skin absorption test where you put no more than 2% lugols on your skin in a quarter with specific measure and measure the time in hours until it is absorbed.
    I measured my under tongue temperature some times in the morning and its on 36-36,2°C. Lower values may have come out because of cold training with less clothes outside.
    Anyway I feel a bit warmer now in cold weather and sometimes have the feeling (when the day is good) that the cold is not coming through very much at 0°C.

Im doing a shower CT protocol 3-4x a week for 10min when I have the time. Now that I can stand a normal shower of 10min with 11-12°C water I try to make it harder by letting the water hit more surface area by moving the shower head around and so cooling more body surface down during that time. It makes it even harder, but thats what progression is all about. I indeed think its even harder than immersion because with immersion the water is heated around the body when one doesnt move, thereby lessening the convection effect. And most can say that when one suddenly moves in the water it gets freaking cold. I try to get a bit of the effect with that moving shower head.

15. Butters

Butters New Member

I think I have to be carefully with the lugols now. I experienced stomach aches some times in the morning after taking lugols. I may be overdosing it. No wonder with 6 drops of 5% maybe.
    Today I had temperature rising while letting water in for the cold tub. I actually didnt use it because of my stomach ache but I felt really hot. D
    Dont know if it was overdosing lugols or some cold adaptation effect. But interesting.

I just read in the Q&A topic of a CT blogpost, that Jack didnt recommend cold showers for rewiring. Better would be baths or ice on the torso.

16. Inger

Inger Silver

Alex, do you take Lugols on an empty stomach? That might cause issues for some. I never had any issues with that, but if you have, it should help to take it after breakfast, not on empty belly :) And put the Lugols in a glass of water, so it is diluted.
    Many that used to have too low body temp have experienced increased body temps from taking Iodine :)

17. Butters

Butters New Member

No I use it like you say it. Everytime diluted and after breakfast.

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Hmm.. sounds like your belly really cannot tolerate it larger amounts.
    Have you tried to use Lugols on your skin? I paint the bottom of my feet with Lugols every evening. Most mornings recently I also I paint them with magnesium oil I make myself. Feels good to do that, like the feet would assimilate magnesium and iodine walking in the ocean too :).

I paint my skin on the belly where the ovaries are too, and my breasts, once in a while. Those organs need lots of iodine too, that is why I figured it might be great to do that too.

About 20 % of it, iirc, will be assimilated through the skin, so maybe you would tolerate it better that way? I do about 3 drops 5% Lugols most days, and then I paint on skin additionally.

19. Butters

Butters New Member

I experiment a bit with it.
    I cut coffee completely a week ago after reading Jacks posts about the effects on spider webs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  20. Butters

Butters New Member

Im getting the cold baths again. After reading some of the blogs and forum posts I read that shower CT is not good for rewiring and maybe also for other good stuff. So I started again modest with 10min of central CT of upper body + as much neck as possible. Feet and hands out to minimize a constriction reaction. I do warm the hands and feet afterwards with warm water for the same reason.
    Im currently at 25min of the baths at starting temperature of 11°C water.
    Strange things are, that CT in the morning seems to be easier for me. I almost dont shiver and I go out when I top my last session time with 5min or I begin to shiver more heavy. Ive done CT on night 2hrs after a meal and almost instantly began to shiver in the tub, but the level was more or less the same over 20min. That never happened so far in the morning, when I have maximally slight shivering and not from the beginning on.
    My morning temperature seems to rise or measure correct now. I have a pretty good drop after CT though to 35,4 °C mouth temperature at this stage.