1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Lol. I believe you both. Thats why I drink almost nothing and never. I have a whisky bottle thats half empty over a year now.
    Funny how your hear always and all around "dont eat sweets at breakfast", "sweets are for the evening after the days work". Well, the thought of getting a reward after a hard day is admireable but nowadays completely out of context when people eat after dark so much.
    So most of the time when I eat "shit" and I mean some half bitter chocolate or so or oatmeal, like that, I eat the most in the morning. But with alcohol, well that is a difficult thing in the morning :)
    The "Zwickm├╝hle" is, I need a second bottle as a candle holder because its getting darker earlier here:)

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Hopefully your sleep recovers.

I think what I've learned here is that your liver reacts the same way to evening alcohol that the filmmaker Uwe Boll does to criticism:

3. Butters

Butters New Member

That may be. It seems on little glass of Whisky 2-4cl is ok, I noticed no effect. It may be the cognac itself, not the alcohol.
    In the future I will consume more malbec wine. I found some resources here in germany. Next time I drink alcohol, I will try some malbec early in the afternoon.

drezy likes this.
  4. Butters

Butters New Member

Shit man, we drunk some wine at dinner. One bottle, my wife and me. I stuffed myself with water thereafter. It was a wine from Chile, no Montes or so, but very good and tasty.
    No bad sleep, no hangover, no urinating at night.
    Next wine I try will be a Malbec.

Inger likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

Great! Sharing a wine with someone close helps create a nice scene.

The only caution I have is that if I hydrate a bunch right before bed it confuses my stomach (lots of grumbling) and takes me quite a while to fall asleep.

Sean Waters likes this.
  6. Butters

Butters New Member

I dont do that right before bed, because I have to go and take a piss all night then. Most of the time I dont drink anymore at least half an hour before going to bed. When Im feeling thirsty still then, I know something went wrong the day or I didnt drink enough during the day.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

So after reintegrating more sleep into my regiment, I think not enough sleep and not early enough was the reason for my procaffeination and "meine Morgenmuffelei". I didnt change that much, but simply go to bed earlier and sleep more. I ditched the lugols now, because I eat so much fish.
    I still can optimize my sleep schedule.
    So far the reward is constant energy the whole day and no need to drink coffee in the morning.

Now here in germany autumn is finally coming and the morning with cloudy skys and no direct sight on the sun are increasing in numbers, too bad.
    I can now see the morning sun earlist 6.45am. Im awake earlier.
    I increase my fish constantly now, I discovered real fatty mackerel and find it so unbelievable satisfying, I dont need to eat much with it in the morning.
    I ditched my plans for physics, thinking it will only cost my time and bringing me nothing.
    I hope to get a chance to go into research about light and sports but it seems not realistic so far.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm glad you got the muffle out of your morgen.

@Sean Waters and I call this the geriatric sleeping plan and it works well for us.

Sean Waters likes this.
  9. @Butters @drezy

It's all about the pre-9pm, and even better if you get to sleep for 8pm - it just gets better and better the earlier you go.....

I recommend Matthew Walker "Why We Sleep". It's pretty much 350 pages of all the things that go wrong if you don't sleep, and all the things that go right if you do sleep. He doesn't actually mention this "geriatric" or early sleep. But he does say that there is a higher proportion of NREM to REM Sleep in the earlier part of the night. And If you check the PubMed for NREM studies, you will find heaps of studies regarding Immunity and Cognition.

I lay a lot of what i've what i've found in my journal here, head towards the latter pages: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/seans-optimal-journal.20757/

But, aside from that book, these are the benefits i've noted lately from this pre-9pm Geriatric old as fuck i don't have a life anymore sleep schedule:
    - decreased inflammation
    - Eczema pretty much gone/ better skin
    - Major increases in libido
    - Far better muscle exercise recovery
    - Far better energy in the day (as you have found yourself)
    - Much better socially and cognitively at work
    - Ability to tolerate stressful situations/ foods better (or to put it better - if i don't sleep well, I am allergic to the world)
    - Much better tolerance to Cold - I know if i've slept bad if I get in the Summer Shower Water (which is only 20 degrees C) and I'm jumping out my skin. Last few weeks I'm just constantly warm and the water isn't cold enough.

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  10. Yes Inger!!! That book is great....

One thing I found from my own experience is this:

Anything that can possibly cause an inflammatory reaction, even of the smallest order, should not be consumed in the PM as it will raise cortisol, even slightly above it's normal range, and this will cause wakefulness/ alertness and poor sleep.

For me, that even includes Shellfish and Oysters. They are just too much for my leakygut and cause a reaction. If I have them, it's gotta be Breakfast. This extends to Fruits, Carbs, Spices, Herbs, Olive Oils and even Black Pepper. So alcohol would be absolutely no go for me (if i want to protect my Sleep!).

So for dinner I only ever eat Cooked Salmon with Ghee and some Salt.... boring, but I am sleepy as hell by 8pm and I get my NREM Sleep :)

I also cannot exercise after about 5pm.... I tried Sprints in the park, barefoot grounded in the Sun, @ 6.30pm... and I slept so light and felt awful the next day.

This is all n=1 of course. But I feel the theory makes a bit of sense.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

Sounds interesing with the early sleep, but it is not realistic for now for me.
    Because I need things to get done. And often I have not the time during the day. We dont have the room for sleeping. The only possibility would be to go to bed with my daugher at 7pm and stay there. And also sunset here is round about 8pm, so that would be too early. 9-9.30 would be more realistic especially I tried it out at 9.30 a few weeks ago. But not that I was ready to sleep but rather I went to bed and read a bit or listend to a jack kruse podcast till I was tired.
    Listening to the podcast is a habit I may need to ditch, because of the smartphone screen, despite Im wearing blueblockers.

Id like to educate in the quantum stuff again, but now there is so much stuff out, I really dont know where to begin reading. Atm Im reading Going somewhere, but Id like to restart with some blogposts again. But they are often so long and my english, despite I understand very good, is often hindering me because Jack is using so much technical terms I dont know. And often knowing one term is a gamechanger for a whole post.
    I know the hippo and the lion dont need to know the things, but I want to know them. Especially because I want to explain friends and other people the stuff. And I will have contact with lots of doctors and science people in the future so chances are good to influence a little bit.

Sean Waters likes this.
  12. The plights of modern life my friend.

Me and @drezy have both noted sleeping before the sunset (especially at height of summer when sunset is @ 9pm or later) has give nothing but benefits, not negatives (at risk of being blasted by every member on the site here - but it's an n=1, or n=2 )

Just keep it in mind, that's all I will say......... it might be worth trying for one night, and then telling me that it's not realistic ;)

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

14. I love that ^ hahahaha

15. Butters

Butters New Member

I need less Food in the morning with bab to be satisfied. Same again in the evening. And im already at a good weight.

drezy likes this.
  16. Butters

Butters New Member

Had do listen to it yesterday again. Something in this music is carrying magic feelings, cant describe it otherwise:

Phosphene likes this.
  17. Butters

Butters New Member

So a while ago I finally finished Marinos book first time ever. It was an interesting read. I got a glimpse what is going on in the world of science.
    My mission know is to start reading blogposts of Jack. I just need to find a starting point.

Oh and one thing I have to say. I often had the poo topic, but now the problem of loose stool seems to have been disappeared for a long time. When I conclude right, it has been due to blue light toxicity in my past mainly. When I resume all the times I had bad digestion, I had messed up circadian rhythm and blue light all day. It went together with procaffeination, which is a sign of blue lights toxicity too. I can now explain why I felt so bad in previous times of my life :D

Oh and my hunger is going down even more. I have now a quick onset of fullness feeling when eating. Earlier I could stuff more and didnt have that feeling. Even if I fast from breakfast till dinner, I dont have to eat massive to be satisfied. I like to hack this by the feeling in the morning. I generally am hungry in the morning and have my BAB but that changes a little bit with the timing of the dinner and the amount I eat and I can directly conclude the next morning, if I have overdone it the evening before.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 5:28 AM
    Phosphene, drezy and Jenelle like this.