1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Ya, that's what I found as well, 85% was quite normal and could handle it pre-Paleo but then after going on Paleo for quite that was quite sugary. Yea there is still sugar in the 95% chocolate, the ones I had anyway.....

2. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Yup understand what this is all about haha!! :)

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think it would be very sexy to encourage a young woman to optimal health! think of the benefits! :cool:

4. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah right, but very exhausting for the mind. I've got enough "problems" with my friends and often me - and don't tell me I should quit friendship ;). Since I don't drink as much alcohol as before I have my difficulties with partying and women. Discussion topics are a bit rare with nutrition, health as hobbies and sports to study, when you're not drunk. These aren't topics you want to talk about at parties because you're always going to offend someone and damp the mood...my experience...and women it seems don't like it either.
    So it's difficult for someone who is a little shy to adapt a lifestyle which basically disconnect from most of the people. Turns out this journal is a little psycho consultation-hour :D

On the one side you have all this benefits from your nutrition and lifestyle, on the other side you probably won't solve this shyness problem easily. Man...sucks.
    Yesterday in public had the feeling all people started looking at me as I went into a room, tram or bus, weird...but looked normal in my opinion and wore a sweater so no looks because of only wearing a t-shirt :D But hope to get them soon :cool:

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Alex, that i great about your cooler room! Exactly how I do too. I have it cool... and now I take warm shower in the morning and finish off with an ice cold one, just a for a few minutes. Feels so refreshing! I just do not feel like jumping in the river straight from bed... it is so cold in my bedroom already..lol Later in the day I take a 2 minute soak in the icy river. Trying to spend time outside every day too. When sun is out, I have started to jump softly on the big trampoline in the back yard as I feed on the last sun beams (sun gaze) before the sun drops behind the trees..... happens at 2 PM here now. Amazing.

I have found 100% organic chocolate here! It costs 6,99 € / 100g. Not too bad. It is so delicious! I just had almost a half bar with my breakfast. It started to taste very sweet in my mouth... crazy! I will not eat the 85/90% anymore, they are way too sweet for me. I very seldom ate them but when I did I so wished they had less sugar. Now in winter sugar is out anyways. Totally out. The 100% chocolate do have some natural carbs from the chocolate beans, 4,7 g/100g so I guess it have to be a occasional threat in winter anyways, but glad I found it :)

Looking for a partner... I would not look at her eating habits, but at her mindset instead... that is all that counts for me. Because maybe she just do not know..... :) If she has a open, evolving mind, she can climb any mountain with you :love:

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Alex... I was the shyest person ever, I promise you! It will pass! When you get all these amazing electrons and your body heals and you get in tune with nature... you will not be shy anymore. Not in the bad way that hinders your life. You will have lots of courage and if any shyness left, it will be the sweet sort that is very appealing :D

I think the best thing is to show your friends with your life the way to optimal... maybe you need not to try to convince them if they do not ask you. But believe me, when they see how you live they will probably ask..lol Lots of interesting discussions can evolve! Drunk people I avoid... wasted time. so when they drink too much just go to bed or do something else!

7. Butters

Butters New Member

Today was a good day. Best CT ever. Took cold shower again, longest ever. Switched between 11° and 16°C most of the time to warm up :rolleyes: . This time I wore a hat. After the regular starting issues - getting wet is the worst moment - it quickly felt warm. I couldn't believe it, felt like a freak. Even 13° felt warm to me. Does the hat have such a high influence?

8. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

In terms of the social aspect, I think a certain kind of acceptance is required when it comes to meeting new people and current friendships. Some may be really supportive and some may just give out ignorant bashings. Either way, the most important aspect is your own personal conviction to be in optimal health or in this case eating epi-paleo. Conviction can be then transformed into confidence, a form of inner strength so that when you do interact with others, they see the changes and the convictions you hold are strong and some may really resonate with you and some may not. Either way, it doesn't matter what other's think of what you should do, what matters is what you want to do.

Sorry for the hijack, philosophy rant over ;)

9. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah you're right.
    People in the university always say to me "get a jacket, you're already having a cold" or "I know why you have a cold, because you don't wear a jacket". It's a little difficult to counter, I don't want to explain everytime. For now I mostly say "It is not the cold, it is the virus/bacteria".
    Today I thought about what to say if they say again "these cold showers etc. get you nowhere you have a cold anyway" and it made click. I just would ask them if they would stop to exercising when they wouldn't gain their maximum genetic potential after 4 weeks and it made me smile, because that's the answer everyone can understand.

Today I ate a lot more. Definitly think now chocolate under 99% cause cravings. I was exercising today and ate really much food in comparison with the last days/week. Really much Protein and fat but a round off makes no sense. The positive is I don't think about it too much, I slowly begin to accept that my body will burn it off if I'm doing the right things.
    CT was not bad, but not as good as yesterday. Have had shower for almost 20min but felt cold afterwards, that could be the reason I ate some food again. But as I said, I exercised and so it is good invested food :D
    And I also went outside with just a t-shirt and a thin sweater at 0°C and didn't feel cold most of the time. So I think CT is following a waving improvement and some days might be not so good like others.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

As Dr. K. always says ..... nothing is linear......keep working it - you are doing great!

11. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah. Seems so. But he spoke about a fast cold adaption in his podcasts with 2 weeks of face dunking in ice water. So I thought 2 weeks and I could go out in t-shirt in the winter :D - not...

Back to topic. I added Vitamin D supplementation (5000 IU) per day yesterday. For 1,5 months I have been taking iodine supplementation about 100 mikrogramm per day and try to take 350mg of magnesium.
    Today I had a short cold shower in the morning, was good and a short CT of about 20min. Destroyed very much chocolate. Definitly think its addictive to me. I mustn't buy it.
    Plan for next week is to eat 250g of salmon per day (because their is a offer) and try to restrict some kale and butter to. I've overdone it the last week with kale and butter and got bloatings (probably form the kale).

12. nicld

nicld Gold

I refuse to wear a jacket too and it was below 0 windchills and temps recently. CT has definitely made me better able to tolerate the cold weather.

13. Butters

Butters New Member

Have to post an interesting fact. For the last weeks sometimes friends came up to me and said that I look brown in the face like from the sun - but we now have winter. The thing is, I eat lots of butter now and so get a good amount of vitamin A. I think it is the butter isn't it?

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is the C/T. People now tell me I have an olive skin.......I have never had an olive skin ever!! I was always very pale and never tanned......

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, CT will darken your skin. When Jack introduced the CT protocol, I ended up with a face "tan" in March. Yeah, people noticed. :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

There is so many awesome benefits.......;)

and we haven't talked about oxy benefits in a while..............

we need to restart the oxy thread ..... I miss that thread.......

17. nicld

nicld Gold

Oxy benefits are gooooooooood, got some benefit tonight as a matter of fact :) 2.25 hours of CT and oxy release. It was a good day :)

18. nicld

nicld Gold

I will watch for that because I am paler than pale. I NEVER tan, I just get a darker shade of Pink.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

JK doesn't tan either..... He hasn't filled us in on that yet ....it is still classified......:)

20. Butters

Butters New Member

What, it's the CT? Okay...but I dont dunk anymore...