1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Butters' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Butters, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I also sleep more in the winter - it feels quite natural.

I often feel that I want different things on different days so I cycle food naturally. Some days its tallow, some days its butter/olive oil or whatever.

Inger, I 'objectively' agree with you (still trying to fully convince myself of it) that skinny is not healthy. But even though you might not be skinny, you're not obese and I would guess you're at a very healthy weight.

Sorry Alex for stealing your journal a little :)

2. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

I remember in 1 of the podcasts with Jack Kruse and Ben Greenfield (among various blogs and comments in the forum), he mentions that you do not need carbs to refuel glycogen stores. I'm assuming you're eating carbs because of this?

3. Butters

Butters New Member

Nope. I don't eat carbs, I wanted to fully commit myself to almost ketogenic nutrition over winter. Training has gotten better since last week, I think. I only eat kale for "carbs" now, mostly butter and moderate protein.
    For the last 2 days I've been a little sick, throat hurts a little bit and I feel a little cold so I didn't do CT. I will start to supplement with vitamin d3 as soon as possible, because I'm in most time of the day.
    I want to integrate more seafood to my habbits. Start today with "matjes" (herring).
    I changed my training style to Arthur Jones' HIT.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

JK has told us that when you aren't feeling well is when you need C/T most.

Can you get outside for your lunch? Or have breakfast outside?

5. Butters

Butters New Member

Why outside?
    I have a cold, is it a good idea to do CT in this context? Would say it attacks my immun system a lot more?!

Yesterday I've done CT by the way but only with face dunking. Surprisingly it was very good. Didn't feel cold at all, so I think despite a few days off I made progress.

6. Butters

Butters New Member

What do you guys say to lindt 90% chocolate? Perfectly fine or any doubts? It has 14g of carbs, just have eaten one whole bar (100g) and would like to eat another :D

7. Hemming

Hemming New Member

You can get 100% (or 99% which has only added vanilla) from different companies. I rarely do anything besides 100%.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T is reducing inflammation .......

9. Butters

Butters New Member

But 100% chocolate is very expensive and carb contents differ minimally. Mabe I wish 100% for christmas ;)

10. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I just dont want to eat added sugar or what else they might put in it. Besides that, I don't think the price is that bad.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

For lindt it's double the price. I don't think 6g of sugar für 100g aren't so much and lindt is very clean I think. I personaly feel good with lindt.

@caroline:

So you think I should continue CT even if I have a cold? Maybe it would be a good Idea to take 3 short cold showers over the day, not so long that I would need time to warm up, but to trigger a thermogenesis response...

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just know that Jack has said to continue C/T when we least feel like it..... That is when it is needed most. Try the cold showers and see how you go.

I feel like I need to eliminate chocolate all together ..... for me the sugar isn't good - but that is my n=1

I have been craving chocolate lately ..... so I am sure that is a bad sign for me.... it just has too much sugar for me.

13. Butters

Butters New Member

Ok...
    Today I feel way better. Maybe I continue CT when I have time. First time I've had breakfast at 10am for month. 50-75g protein, moderate fat and feeling good. It seems I tolerate the cold outside better with a meal before and because I eat early in the evening most of the time I want to have a window between the first and last meal. So I will try it out to have breakfast regulary.

14. Butters

Butters New Member

Tried the 99% Lindt today again. Very surprisinly was very delicious now, full of flavour. Would like to eat only 99-100% again but it's so expensive...

Other interesting things happen with me. I don't heat my room anymore but my mates who live together with me (everyone has seperate a room) heat theirs. Both have girlfriends, I am single at the moment Women today feel cold very fast (not sexy in my opinion ;) but therefore it is warmer than just guys would heat I think), so when I leave my room and enter the kitchen or the corridor a massive wall of heat hits me. It's really heavy and like a sauna for me.
    So surprisingly although I can't stand a long CT and shiver outside often enough it seems I've adapted somehow and feel comfortable in a colder environment.
    I started again with CT today after the cold phase (still have a little cold, but I'm feeling very well) and had 10min shower of changing cold temperature. Tried as long as possible with 11°C than turned up to 16-17° (to warm up ;) ). Felt very good.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing great .......it seems like you have very good instincts!
    I forgot to say before ..... if you aren't feeling well and do C/T .......it shortens your recovery time. That seems to be what you have experienced.

Now you need to find a lovely young woman who is cold adapted too ........:)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I feel so proud of all you young people here on this journey to your optimal health ...... how amazing - and what a massive future you have!

I truly hope that you all "live Large" and reach for the stars!!!

17. Butters

Butters New Member

Think it's difficult enough to find someone, who eats the same way :D

18. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

LOL! that's pretty funny cold women is a turn off, was that also a pun in somewhere in that phrase haha!
    I'm finding the same experience with CT now, though it's summer here in Aus and get's hot very quickly!!

Do you have cravings for 99-100% chocolate by any chance?

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

start off slowly .... most people like sashimi...... you will be the teacher in all things optimal! what fun you will have ...;)

not the least of which ..... a great, healthy sex life......

20. Butters

Butters New Member

Try to explore it. I bought 85%, 90% and 99% Lindt today and ate from all of them. First the 99%, than the 85 and than 90. After the first the 85% tasted very sweet to me, like pure sugar. To be honest I think the 85% and 90% can produce cravings. I ate the 99% to finish, because I would have eaten much more of the lower percentage chocolates.
    Maybe I'm sensitive because I remember everytime I bought 85% & 95% I ate at least half of the package and often everything.
    But I don't know what it is. Is it the little sugar? Like the 99% too, but I think I would not eat such a large amout (and it's sold in 50g bars instead of 100g ;)):