1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BUN / Creatinine

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by seanb4, Mar 28, 2014.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi guys,

I dug up some labs from a year and a half ago that contained my serum urea level, serum creatinine level, and serum potassium level. I have told with these three labs you can get a decent idea on your cellular hydration but when I try to work out my BUN to Creatinine ratio I get a ridiculously high number (181.4 : 1). I will list the results here and if anyone can tell me the actual ratio I would be greatful.

Serum potassium level 4.0 mmol/L (3.5 - 5.3)
    Serum urea level 7.1 mmol/L (2.5 - 7.8)
    Serum creatinine level 68 umol/L (62.0 - 106.0)

Can anyone help?

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Just realised that I have got serum urea level and not urea nitrogen level. Thats why the results are so wrong.

3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

4. Jude

Jude Gold

I get 25.84 Sean.......................You don't need nitrogen levels.

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yea Jude you are right, I'm now getting 25.9. Either way it still means I'm dehydrated and is far away from where I want to be, <7.

Now can we work out cellular hydration using the potassium level somehow?

6. Jude

Jude Gold

Sean, thought cellular hydration was what the bun/C revealed?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It also is a redox measure..............big finding sean.........better carefully read the redox Rx.......and boy is the next three webinar's critical stuff for this..........

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@Jude It is but I've heard potassium gives you a more accurate reading...

@Jack Kruse Will do. Hopefully I will be getting some more blood tests soon as well.

9. Jude

Jude Gold

Sean, re Potassium, I seem to remember JK mentioning it in the redox blog...just don't think he revealed how we could make sense of our individual levels ..other than the ref range at this stage. Another refresher read coming up!

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yea I think you're right.

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

UPDATE:

Just got some recent bloods in.
    Serum creatinine level 70 umol/L
    Serum urea level 4.8 mmol/L

Making my BUN to Creatinine ratio 17:1

This is far better than it was 1.5yrs ago. Still need to get it under 10 however.

My increased intake of water over the last 6 months has to be a big part in this improvement.

Jude likes this.
  12. Jude

Jude Gold

And...the magnetico as well? ......thought you had one?;)

seanb4 likes this.
  13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah it almost definitely will have helped but I think the extra water would have been the main help as before I was taking in the minimum liquid I could get away with.

Jude likes this.