1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BUN/Creatinie Ratio

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by RickD, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickD

RickD New Member

Jack,

Listening to the community webinar, Great job BTW, and wanted to clear something up. In one of the questions you stated your optimal range for the BUN/Creatinine ratio and said anything outside that is caused by dehydration. Can it be higher for other reasons? Looking back over my old blood work it wasn't unusual to see numbers in the high 20s or low 30s and one of my docs once told me it was due to all the protein I ate. Other markers like NA and K levels for these tests were good and my CO2 ran 30-32 so it looks the mitochondria were working pretty well. In 2012-2013 the ratio dropped to between 12-17 with the biggest change being a 50% reduction in my protein consumption.

My fluid consumption is about a gallon a day between a high fat morning smoothie and spring water which to me is somedays a challenge to chug all that down. Are you and most the members drinking more than that?

Thanks

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when I said dehydration it encompasses a lot of different etiologies......most people have one idea of what dehydration means. I have decided not to get into all the other areas to polute the message.......but before the next blog drops I think I am going to add a mini video intro to the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.