1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bulk oysters (90lb) in your area without shipping costs

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Forest, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Forest

Forest Gold

like a bag of it

Looking for it in the Durham nc area. Hopefully like a wholesaler thats already got them shipped so you don't have to
    How long will it be before they go bad
    Is this even a good idea

Buying them for like 1.20 each for blue point gets pretty expensive. Been buying them individually for like 6 months now and got this wild idea. Also which type is best.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Forest

Forest Gold

3. drezy

drezy New Member

You'll have to do your own big girl homework on google by searching the terms "durham nc bulk oysters". Mind you that oyster harvesting may be out of season currently and will come back in the fall.

I've bought 50 at a time and ate them over 10 days and had zero issues. YMMV.

4. Oysters come with a harvest date tag which will tell you how long the oysters are good for.

drezy likes this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I get pints (16 ounces) of fresh, pre-shucked New England oysters for $15 at the local farmer’s market, dated to last 2 weeks but I eat 2 containers per week now. There are about 24 in each plus some juice that I slurp at the end. I could order 100 count live bags for between $60-$90 but then I’d have to store and shuck them myself. This is so easy—just open container, spoon a few out, squirt with lemon and slurp them down with a big glass of water. I do wonder if there’s any DHA quality difference between shucked and unshucked, but not enough to worry about it.

drezy likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

Well done! Keep rocking it.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Joe Patti's pensacola fla. google it during your night time posting tirades

8. Forest

Forest Gold

Yeah gotta change this night owl stuff. Many years of bad habits will take at least 90-120 days. Or maybe just 30. Had a no caffeine pre workout beverage (are those quantum?) it had good ingredients

Seem to have the most creativity and least 'writers block' on night. What about the notion that some h&g (about a quarter) were supposed to be night owls and work the old shift doing the special things like guarding against big cats. Is that just wrong?

If it's from fl, won't the shipping costs for a 90 lb bag be huge (some say it would be like 900). At the same time- how do stores and restaurants get it - it's already been shipped. How did u get them in bulk bags when in Nashville?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

The seafood purveyor at my farmer’s market is also the local restaurant distributor. The fact that he will gladly sell you the same oysters for 1/4 the price charged at restaurants is not advertised. You have to ask. Nicely.

Check out the farmer’s markets and ask around. Asian markets usually have good fresh seafood too. None of those near me unfortunately, but I’d certainly make the hour drive if I didn’t find this convenient option.

I get you on the night owl thing, but it’s amazing how quickly the habit left once I really cut back on evening blue light. Some other poor schmuck will have to guard against the big cats.

drezy likes this.