1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Building Momentum to Escape the Parkinson's Vortex

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by SatoriHeart, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Sue is saying something true...

I use my reptile light very sparsely.... and never before sun is up...
    It has very much nnEMF too. I have measured it. Having it further away from body is wise I think. I would say 15 minutes is what I use it, and if I use it for an hour or two it makes me feel weird, kind of.
    I use blacklights (UVA) inside a lot but they are far away from me and I feel nothing negative from them.

Maybe the B supplements are hurting you indeed... supplements are a risky game!

Maybe try to pulse dosing the iodine too, I once got bromide detox and it was awful! Just such a dark mood for 2 week.. :(
  2. @JanSz, care to add your thoughts? We seem to have two diametrically opposed opinions here. Short bursts of artificial full-spectrum light or exposure all day long. I sit about 5-6 feet away from the lamp, so nnEMF is minimal. There is a fair amount of IR radiating from it.

@Inger, the reason I used the Solar-Glo is because it has a balance of UVA, UVB, and IR. UVA alone, is fundamentally what we get if sitting next to a glass windowpane. It was my understanding that too much UVA, alone, is detrimental to eye and skin. Please help me fill in my gaps in understanding.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Silver

@SatoriHeart
    look at the map
    your residence and @Jack Kruse residence are at about same latitude.
    Specially if you look at it from London or New Jersey.
    From pov of available sunlight you have all you may need.
    Any problem is rather due to the civilized life demands to spend excessive time indoor.
    Personally I am not much into sun-gazing.
    Sun gazing of actual sun or (specially) artificial light.
    Sun-gazing in the first minuted when the sun just shows up, feels good.
    But looking at SolarGlow 160W is closer to looking at sun at a high noon.
    Some people do it, I just glance thru sun without stopping.

From pov of Circadian Rhythm, I guess that there is more problem at the end of the day then at sunrise.

.. upload_2017-2-15_11-38-46.png
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Looking at ACTH and cortisol, why is it less of a problem at dawn JanSz? What am I missing?:confused:

upload_2017-2-15_16-55-13.png upload_2017-2-15_16-54-11.png
  5. I am sure you heard about this:
    AT&T paves the way for 5G in Indianapolis, Austin

I shared my thoughts about it here. I am ambivalent about Austin at the moment. Given my life and work demands, moving elsewhere would be a huge financial and emotional stress. The big question is --- will health problems from 5G surface quickly enough to slow down the roll-out to other metropolitan locations throughout the US? I do not believe so.

That said, living rural used to be an enticing option, but from what I know about telecom plans, all rural locations are slated for DAS-type 5G installations so even those remote locations will no longer be optimal. A short (5-10 year) reprieve might be found in South America, but their infrastructure is quickly growing as well.

Your thoughts on this topic? So far, I've only heard comments from the left. What do we do when 5G is outside all of our bedroom windows? Will the high quantum yield in Austin be useless due to massive dehydration and disruption of mito respiration?

It is specifically sun-gazing that allows dopamine levels to rise in the pre-frontal cortex and, by transference similar to prion disorders, the substantia nigra. It has been the single most powerful hack for reversing my dopamine deficiency. I don't think Jack is too far out in left field when he talks about the sun being able to sustain human life (with lower food intake). There have been proponents of this theory for time immemorial. Take a look at this:

Sun Gazing: Why I Stare At The Sun

Eastern Indian culture talks a lot about "prana", but what this all really means to me is that full-spectrum sun is booting up and optimizing the neuroendocrine system via the retinohypothalamic tract. This theory is echoed in this book:

Light: Medicine of the Future: How We Can Use It to Heal Ourselves NOW
    Jacob Liberman O.D. Ph.D.

I am not so bold as to up my sun gazing to 30 minutes or more. I'm settling around 10 minutes at this time. But I can intuitively feel that there is some truth in the statements above regarding organismal and metabolic synchronization via the eye, which is why we frequently see endocrine issues in the blind:

Opposite Influence of Light and Blindness on Pituitary–Gonadal Function

I would think that when any symptoms of discord in the pituitary-gonadal axis is present, sun gazing may very well be the ideal prescription. I just have to find someone that will prove this theory for me.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

My scientifically unsupported opinion, my gut feeling.
    Your mileage my vary.
    Living with electric light, to maintain Circadian Rhythm consistency is most important.
    Day should start and end always at the same time, that prevents jet lag.
    Variations of no more than about +- one hour are likely inconsequential.
    Most people are extending their natural day by using artificial light more hours at the end of the day than in the morning.
    At least I do.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

CT & Sun gazing
    I do up to my comfort level.

8. Maybe it's time to push the envelope? Sun gazing in particular. For a variety of reasons.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

As we get to 5 G location and population density will be most critical to get right.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

then we have this problem that is already right off the coast of Jacksonville already:
    NOAA Next Generation Radar (NEXRAD) Level III Products
    This dataset consists of Level III weather radar products collected from Next-Generation Radar (NEXRAD) stations located in the contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and at military base sites. NEXRAD is a network of 160 high-resolution Doppler weather radars operated by the NOAA National Weather Service (NWS), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the U.S. Air Force (USAF). Doppler radars detect atmospheric precipitation and winds, which allow scientists to track and anticipate weather events, such as rain, ice pellets, snow, hail, and tornadoes, as well as some non-weather objects like birds and insects. NEXRAD stations use the Weather Surveillance Radar - 1988, Doppler (WSR-88D) system. This is a 10 cm wavelength (S-Band) radar that operates at a frequency between 2,700 and 3,000 MHz.

^^^^^this power density is a real problem.
  11. Here they are -- NEXRAD and TDWR Radar Locations

Judging from the map, coverage is comprehensive. Their transmission range is 460km. Good luck getting away from them. With these technologies rolling out in parallel, it seems more and more that the US will soon be a very inhabitable place.

I nearly completed my "optimal location" map, but had to cut the project short (lack of time). The only location in Europe that showed up was Canary Islands. Every thing else is above the 37th parallel.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

In environments with definite seasons I think mother nature avoids jet lag issues with the changing day lengths of the seasons developing over a period of weeks. Having a day that artificially imposes a set number of hours to my day, and using a reptile lamp from dawn onwards might be telling my brain for hours that I'm at a location and (mostly) a time of day I'm not. When I step outside I would be getting a completely different signal. (She's nearer the equator.... no she's not .....yes she is ..... no she's not ......its midday ...?. what happened to dawn ? etc.....):D

I think my take on it is that I look at what nature is offering outside, and if I can't be out there all day, get out when I can to get the right light signal and let my thalamus have a free run period, and then base my light choices and "treatments" throughout the day to match the changing signals, either to least disrupt the circadian cycle, or to try and give my mitochondria the closest artificial source of what is naturally available when its not wall to wall cloud, particularly in the early morning. (When the cloud cover is so thick you can't tell its dawn is a downer for me, when it then goes on all day its the worst). Or sometimes a "treatment" (like the UVB tanner) is because I feel like crap and need to climb out of a hole. Every day is different. If constant use of any one artificial light becomes a lifestyle choice, for me it loses its value when I really need it, because it no longer signals a change.
    Ted, Jude and JanSz like this.
  13. Ted

Ted New Member

Sue,
    I agree with you. I just recently starting using the Solarglo and it makes feel off and I start getting a headache, and I NEVER get headaches. So, I haven't used it much. I've been using the UVA bulb more regularly without noticing any effects, positive or negative. I try and get outside at different times of the day to give my brain the proper light signal.
    Sue-UK likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

15. Now THIS is interesting. They're not going to exclude any ranges. Not much CTIA / FCC can do about this. DARPA plays by its own rules. After all, they invented the internet. Now ... to find some scientists to participate in Prosposal's Day.
  16. @JanSz, I ran into this article today:

The "bromine detox" myth

I am beginning to wonder if 50mg of Iodoral may, in fact, be toxic. The past two mornings, I have been waking up with extreme sensitivity to cold. As soon as I get out of bed, there is a spasm / tightening in the core of my brain and my lower abdomen tenses up. It becomes so intense that I cannot get enough oxygen. Just yesterday, I was inhaling deeply into the lungs but couldn't catch my breath. It felt distinctly like suffocating.

Another troubling symptom has been surfacing.... the intracranial pressure is now accompanied by brain stem inflammation and neck stiffness. When I turn my head to either side, I feel a tightness in the back of the neck and shoulders. The buzzing in the head has become intense. Yesterday, I could taste what seemed to be hydrogen peroxide in my mouth. And none of the doctors or scientists in my circle have the faintest clue what this could all be.

I spoke to my functional doc, and he opined that Iodoral is likely causing a Hashi's storm. Strangely, I don't feel the hypothyroid brain fog (mental clarity is quite well). I do, however, notice ataxia and a heavy-headed feeling when walking.

Just wanted to float these symptoms and experiences out there. I don't have the time to devote to a full-time study of the iodine / thyroid consideration. I was very much hoping that Browstein's theories are right, since I had such a tremendous response in the beginning. Now I am reading the above article and thinking that maybe I am truly harming myself.

Yes, I was using asthma inhalers frequently in the past few years, mostly during allergy season. Theoretically, that could have increased bromide levels in my tissues. But symptoms of the kind I am experiencing? Something else is definitely way, way off. The salt-wasting, finger pruning problem is also returning, and the last time I put that to bay was with antimicrobials.

It's not out of the question I could have a pernicious viral problem (possibly EBV or HSV-1). These issues certainly come in waves, so there is some circadian component to it. Perhaps microbial.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  17. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Roller coaster.
    You are on number of them all at the same time.
    How to get off?
    Whatever you do, first important goal is to look for stability.
    Not the stability of permanent equilibrium,
    but something that would not drive you nuts.

lithium???

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  18. You presume these reactions are based on neurotransmitter imbalances. They are not. As for lithium, it is a potent suppressor of thyroid function.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I do not presume much.
    Just trying to figure a way to get of that roller coaster.

Really, you could use more of solid information.
    You are basing your decisions mostly on observations and guessing.
    Hopefully time will come when you will be able to arrange some meaningful tests.
  20. lohd2015

lohd2015 Silver

How long have you been taking Iodoral?
    I took 25 mg Iodoral for close to 3.5 years before I went up to 50 mg. After about 6 months into taking 25 mg. of Iodoral, I started the salt loading protocol and stayed on it for close to 2.5 years. I am completely off salt loading now. I switched to 2% Lugol's after being on Iodoral for 4.5 years. I find the effect of Lugol's in the same dosage to be much stronger than Iodoral. IMHO Iodoral would be better suited for someone who has never taken iodine. Iodine worked miracles for me.
    JanSz likes this.