1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Building a new home

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by michellehp, Dec 28, 2017.

1. michellehp

michellehp New Member

Hello everyone! I've been a member in this site for almost two years. I bought land last year and we are finally starting to meet with our architect. I am looking for suggestions on how to make the healthiest home. We are planning to run the LAN lines into every room so there's never a need for wireless, kill switches for the bedroom, sky lights and all glass doors opening to our pool and large covered patio. Everyone I start to talk to regarding this lifestyle is clueless. Any suggestions are so welcomed and even vendors if possible. We live in New Orleans. ;)
    Thanks in advance! Wish I was in Mexico! I'll have to wait till Mardi Gras...
    Happy New Year!

2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Welcome.. I don't have a answer but wanted to say ..dang your lucky your in the same town as Dr. K. I would go down Bourbon street and ask around to find out where he lives and try to meet him, no not a stalker..lol.then again don't ask my boyfriend he may think otherwise..lol, I bet Dr. K knows a lot of people in town. Happy New Year to you tooo!! Awesome you can build your own house.. best to you!!

michellehp likes this.
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Annemarie Heise and Antonis like this.
  4. Annemarie Heise

Annemarie Heise Gold Member

I will be following your progress. I am seriously considering the same thing

Lahelada likes this.
  5. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I'm considering it too but my worry is I'd need to buy enough land to make sure no bastard came along with a mobile phone mast and plonked it right beside my land... :)

6. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

How are your houses normally made of? Wood, rocks, concrete? Would be a good idea to consider building your new house with "conductive concrete". In my country most of the houses are build like this. In a 5G world, this material will protect you. Jack posted a new study on his FB page. Wish I could buy a land right now and build a new house. I like your move, keep it up and good luck!!

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  7. Summer

Summer New Member

Looking for any updated information on building a new home. I heard metal roof, is one kind better than another? How do you ground a stilt home? Wood or concrete piles?

8. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Silver

I am building too! Really appreciate the ideas! We are south of Bend, Oregon and loving the sun as we build! So far, we have the foundation and floor built. Working on the walls, now. I hate that we used particle board for the floor, but am looking for what is the best floor to put on top of that. I am a red head and am amazed that I haven't gotten a sunburn at all (even when outside all day in tank top and 85 degrees!) Jacks advice has really made a difference! When I was a teen, I could go out in the sun and have an allergic rash in 30 minutes!

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is an aspect that I think I will add to the Farm.......what to do when building.

johnsonmd, Theka and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I look forward to seeing it on Dec 28th!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We just booked hotel in Mx and flights.........today. Gulf swim up suite.

Theka and drezy like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you are coming here you best book the Delta direct flight leaving Sat before NYE ASAP.

13. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

You can have a boot camp on what to do when building a new house

14. Theka

Theka Gold

I think this is a great idea----def needed because building biology is too focused on mold and off-gassing. We need a good resource for mitigation of existing structures as well as preventative protection in new construction and it is complicated.

15. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

I also have this question. We are building a new family home and would like to implement best practices during construction. Ideally a consultant who is aware of the full spectrum of issues relevant to members of this community. I would like to put such a person under contract with our architect and have them hash out the details directly while participating in the dialogue without having to intermediate every conversation.

Suggestions?

16. shiran

shiran Curious

I'd love to learn more about it

17. Theka

Theka Gold

I've found a drywall (sheetrock) here that is marketed to block nnemf. They say it blocks 99%! It is composed of Plaster and graphite. They don't go into details. Would this be helpful? I've also found the lead stuff in Holland---can't imagine the cost!

18. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

I would suggest mc cable for the electrical. Shielded cat6 for communication.

19. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

they have paint for emf too