1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Build Better Hormones Naturally!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Kathy1967, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Hi All, I would love your opinion on getting great hormones without supplementing! I just had labs done through Life Extension & was advised by them that I could supplement with 15mg Progesterone & 50mg Pregnenolone to optimize my hormones. I'm not completely opposed to supplementing but first I want to give my body about 3 -4 months going the all natural route. My idea is to get back into CT consistently with cold water baths (around 65 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes) and ice baths (50ish Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes) 3 - 5 times weekly. I get at least 10 minutes of am sun every morning. I'm adding 1 tsp of Maca to my morning hot cocoa, starting to take 1 tsp of celery seed powder 3x daily to help with my adrenals, and continuing with my ketogenic diet. I have grass fed dairy frequently (sour cream, heavy cream, butter). My waist has expanded about 2 -3 inches in the past 3 years. I'm almost 50, my cycle is perfectly 28 days still. Here are my most recent labs. Any and all advice will be so appreciated!!!!

Day 21 of my cycle
    Testosterone, serum - 12 ng/dL
    Testosterone, Free - .06 pg/mL
    DHEA sulfate - 137.6 ug/dL
    Estradiol - 101.7 pg/mL
    Progesterone - 8.2 ng/mL

Day 3 of my cycle
    DHEA (not sulfate) - 173 ng/dL
    progesterone - .5 - ng/mL
    Estrogens, Total - 81 pg/mL
    Testosterone, serum - 11 ng/dL
    Testosterone, Free - 1 pg/mL
    Pregnenolone, Ms - <10 ng/dL
    TSH-ICMA - 1.2 uU/mL
    Free T4 by Dialysis/Mass Spec - 1.1 ng/dL

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I would say a lot more sun. When do you catch the sunlight? When it is still red or orange? I would say you need at least an hour of sunlight before the UV light shows up, because that's when the pituitary makes those hormones.

seanb4 and Brent Patrick like this.
  3. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Thanks so much Nonchalant! I live in NJ and have to be at work at 7:15am. I usually have about 15 minutes that I can stand outside at work before I need to go in, I work at a lake and I put my feet in there often! It is not still red or orange by time I get to work but actually with the sun rising later now it will be! I'll make sure though to get up earlier and catch the sun at home. SO I'll add in more sun and retest in about 3 months. I'm kind of worried about starting supplemental hormones and then NEEDING to keep supplementing!