1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bugs

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by ShellyFM, Jul 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ShellyFM

ShellyFM Recovering night owl and blue light addict!

So, for months we've been doing really well getting outside time in, including morning sunrise exposure, eating most meals outside, and playtime, walks, or scooter/bike rides with the kiddos after work. However, in the last couple of weeks, the bugs have been insane making us miserable when outside. It's not just mosquitos but also no see ums, flies, and whatever else. We try really hard to avoid toxic chemicals in and around of home. We're in Central Florida. Eventually, when we're able we'll be replacing some of the landscaping with mosquito-repelling plants.

However, does anyone have advice on what we can do or what we can use to help with this problem now?

Christine Renner likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bugs are attracted to UV light so if they like you that means you are leaking too much ELF-UV light and if you read Fritz Popp work or Roeland Van Wijk you'd know that is linked to your redox power in your mitochondrial colony.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If I eat apples with bugs in them, I think that the apple is likely natural and healthy. Not so clear about bug-free apple.
    It may be annoying when the bugs want to bite you, but good news oveall.

4. We are trying various "natural" repellents with ingredients like tea tree oil, thyme oil, clove oil etc. We haven't found anything that works consistently. Irksome! We alternate between using the fly swatter, trying to ignore them, and jumping in the pool where they don't seem to follow us.

JanSz likes this.
  5. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Definitely the healthier you get the less the bugs will bother you. I live in the very humid south and can totally relate to all the bugs. At home we have plants that deter them like lavender, mint and thyme. The plants definitely help but ironically the thing that works best for us is a cheap box of scented dryer sheets. If I go for a walk I put it in my pocket or under my hat. They work amazing. I even throw them in the trash cans to keep the flies away. I don’t rub or put them directly on my skin.

Alex97232, JanSz and Christine Renner like this.
  6. At first I was skeptical of Dr. Kruse's claim, but now I whole heartedly agree. I am not bothered by bugs nearly as badly as others. I also believe it would be impossible for an animal to live in nature and not get stung/bitten/eaten. when I am stung by a bee, I curse, but feel like I am meant to have a certain amount of bites. Our modern attitude that any bug bites are unacceptable is unreasonable. If I am a carnivore, I cannot hate on other carnivores who want a bite of me. I am a fan of do things at non buggy times, planting lots of natural pest repelling plants and eliminating unnecessary standing water. I feel that using an herbicide, pesticide, or chemical to control what I consider to be a pest population is no more acceptable than using chemical weapons on our fellow humans. My wife makes repellant from essential oils, but I haven't needed them yet. the only answer isn't going indoors.

5G Canary and JanSz like this.
  7. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Completely agree... except for female horse flies!! Lol! They leave a very angry bite! Ouch! But your right she needs the blood in order to reproduce. Weird how they need blood? I have always wondered if they were genetically modified along with mosquitoes, fleas, lice and ticks. Definitely doesn’t seem natural like a bug that bites to defend itself. And of course the solution to these bugs is always dousing us in toxic chemicals for “our safety!” I can still remember being a child in California and they would fly helicopters over our houses and coat us in chemicals because of a fruit fly. We would wake up in the morning and everything was completely sticky and you couldn’t even see out of the windows sometimes. We definitely need to stop letting them protect us under the pretense of “our safety!” This trick is getting very old.

I know this is quirky and weird but I like how he explains this.... just a different perspective and I know you probably are one of the few that can relate.

There is a documentary called The biggest little farm that you would probably really enjoy if you haven’t already seen it? He filmed and documented his family’s journey... it was really well done.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Marko Pollo and JanSz like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is a first for me.
    The egg within an egg.
    Two yolks can be found, especially in large eggs.
    upload_2021-7-22_9-58-23.png

5G Canary likes this.