1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BTC Potential Government Regulation, FUD, Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by ND Hauf, Jun 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Good questions and I don't have the answer. I would lean towards GBTC being a NO because of the nature of the Trust. When it's converted to an ETF again I would still lean towards a NO because you don't directly hold the keys to the asset but I would bet my accountant/CFO/Controller would all push me to check YES.

I would assume that the answer to question number 3 would depend on if you hold directly or via a retirement account and what type of retirement account.

Personally I purchase my GBTC via a ROTH IRA account as to "hopefully" avoid all capital gains tax in the future.
    Hopefully = No Tax Law Changes

We need a BTC Accountant to become a member. I lean on my accountant and controller to help navigate these waters.

JanZ your new avatar inspires me to stay the coarse.

caroline likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is a misconception that IRA accounts are tax free.
    The taxes are delayed and individual transactions are not accounted for.
    But after one is over 70.5 yo, he/she must remove a certain %% of his account yearly.
    That amount is treated as long-term capital gains and taxed accordingly, Federal & State.

5. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRAs

The biggest difference between a Roth IRA and a traditional IRA is how and when you get a tax break. Contributions to traditional IRAs are tax-deductible, but withdrawals in retirement are taxable. In comparison, contributions to Roth IRAs are not tax-deductible, but the withdrawals in retirement are tax-free.

Be sure they pretty much always get their tax somewhere.

At my age I prefer the Roth option. With growth potential of BTC I'd rather pay on the front side vs. the back to avoid potentially large capital gains increase.

JanSz likes this.
  6. AlanaVint

AlanaVint New Member

Blockchain is the architechure for the latest iteration of the control grid of narcissistic abuse that uses money as its primary "tool" (it is really only a weapon then, as it is only a tool of abuse through forced dependency, subjugation to other's perception of your "worth", mistaking your worth for what you do, mistaking humans straiated into superiors vs inferiors with inferiors subject to exploit, e.g. profit etc etc). See Allison McDowel on how your lives will be more tightly under the abuser class' control with the use of AI, Electronic 'health" records, bionanosensors all operating on the grid of blockchain, all driven for the mandate of capitalism to "grow" so they have contrived a new market of internet of bodies where those bodies are used as data sources to feed human capital bond markets.

JanSz likes this.
  7. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

CBDC = Surveillance/Control

GavinH likes this.
  8. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

9. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

* Nice BTC breakout over the weekend. Good to see the 50 day MA get popped. First time above the 50d since early May. Last big move above the 50d MA was October 8th 2020. I don't follow Technical Analysis too closely anymore but this weekend it can't be ignored.

10. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Looks like Tether is in the hot seat again. I overlaid the USDT news releases today with BTC 4 hour chart. Might be coincidence but we saw a $1k drop with in 18 minutes of the first news release.

https://u.today/tether-faces-us-criminal-probe

Richard Watson and JanSz like this.
  11. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

I have job listings running for branch offices in seven different states. Very difficult to find labor in the industrial Electrical field right now. Lyn Alden with a way to reward people to go back to work. It's getting more and more expensive for business owners like me to hire/retain employees on any type of scale. Offering BTC as a negotiating point in offer letters is turning heads.

DebraGM likes this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

YES ....we need a BTC accountant in Australia. Anyone we talk to strongly advices us against BTC.

GavinH likes this.
  13. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

And the loudest are likely those who print money out of the thin air.

caroline and ND Hauf like this.
  15. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

The IMF is starting to put out blogs regarding El Salvador's recent move.

https://cryptoslate.com/after-el-sa...tcoin-as-national-currency-is-a-step-too-far/

The IMF Blog ends with the quote below. Cracks me up how they always believe that more government is the answer.

"As national currency, cryptoassets—including Bitcoin—come with substantial risks to macro-financial stability, financial integrity, consumer protection, and the environment. The advantages of their underlying technologies, including the potential for cheaper and more inclusive financial services, should not be overlooked. Governments, however, need to step up to provide these services, and leverage new digital forms of money while preserving stability, efficiency, equality, and environmental sustainability. Attempting to make cryptoassets a national currency is an inadvisable shortcut."

https://blogs.imf.org/2021/07/26/cryptoassets-as-national-currency-a-step-too-far/

GavinH, JanSz and caroline like this.
  16. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

way higher.

JanSz likes this.
  18. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

GavinH, caroline and JanSz like this.
  19. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb