1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BTC Potential Government Regulation, FUD, Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by ND Hauf, Jun 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

It appears congress is moving all things crypto up the ladder all of a sudden?

* The House has a "working committee" that has had multiple meetings with the next coming up on June 30th.

* The Senate has the Financial Innovation Caucus. Sen. C. Lummis recently asked BTC miner Marshall Long, who often appears on CH, to speak live in front of this committee on or around July 8th. Sen. Lummis is still adding to her list of professional witnesses.

*El Salvador making BTC legal tender. Does this force the US Gov. into a new corner? Will they recognize it and what tax implications does this birth? Appears to be some resistance to Article 7 in El Salvador from the Chamber of Commerce. Article 7 forces all business to accept BTC. I could see this article possibly getting scrapped as a compromise?

* In the past the US Gov. has bifurcated BTC from all other crypto. Viewed it strictly as an asset. This was proven via hearings and testimony last cycle with the Facebook Libra. With Central American adoption as legal tender is this view changing and is it now a threat to them?

* IMF and WEF appear to be much more vocal against BTC this cycle than what I remember from past cycles. I could be off on this one.???

* Every country out there appears to be running beta projects for their own CBDC. What blockchain will all these run on for interoperability for exchange purposes?

* Is the US behind the 8 ball for it's own CBDC and what will it run on?

* What will be the main payment rails/blockchains for CBDCs. Saylor has voiced his opinion many times.

*JP Morgan has created their own token that has been in use for cross border payments for a couple years now...…….. https://www.jpmorgan.com/solutions/cib/news/digital-coin-payments I've heard this beta project has been extremely successful.

My worry is a combination of uninformed congress members coupled with anti-BTC well informed congress members that are talking heads/puppets that some serious FUD could be headed our way. I hope the C. Lummis's of the world are running 24/7 education classes.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  2. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

* User rate and adoption is up to date and climbing. We know the total number of BTC is set and probably shrinking with operator error style losses of coins/SATS.

* Major shut down in CCP this week appears to be real this time. This will spread the hash rate around and decentralize it even more. Long term very bullish. Coins are probably hitting the market this week from miners trying to subsidize transport costs out of CCP.

*What do leveraged traders and trading bots to the daily price movements? Is artificial intelligence trading good or bad for the space?

*When does FUD no longer move the market? Market Cap size? More Diamond hands than new investors and https://www.coindesk.com/this-nydig-partnership-could-bring-bitcoin-to-your-local-credit-union

*My question of the week....."How many people invested in BTC understand it?". Does this matter?

*BTC the asset vs. BTC the Network......when combined = Rx for Fed. Res...………..

* Keep going back to Jacks CH Thesis and reread from the beginning at least once a month until it fully sinks in.

Sean Waters likes this.
  3. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

[​IMG]
    Jack Kruse Administrator
    HOLY COW--the Fed today, for the first time, explicitly called out tether--by name--as a risk to financial stability (namely, to short-term credit markets.) Here it is, in the Fed's own words & charts:[​IMG]

And here's an interview with Boston Fed president Rosengren after his speech today, where
    @YahooFinance
    asked him about tether, part 1:

[​IMG]

And here's part 2. Again, every single USD ultimately clears thru the Fed, which means the Fed has jurisdiction over USD #stablecoins. It matters that the Fed is saying this. Caveat emptor, folks.

[​IMG]

This is incredibly bearish for DeFi. USDC & USDT stablecoins absolutely dominate volume & are deeply integrated with DeFi, even DAI is backed by USDC. No "governance token" / DeFi company is safe from having to install KYC/AML layers when the bankers come for Ethereum. Exit.

Sean Waters and JanSz like this.
  4. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

*What happens if all of Central America adopts BTC as legal tender and decides to airdrop SATs to all of its citizens similar to what El Salvador is proposing?
    Do the math on that one...….then include Mexico and start going down into S. America.

Sean Waters, caroline and JanSz like this.
  5. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Jack Mallers is a good face for the adoption. WEF and IMF are being mentioned more and more by the mob......

Sean Waters and GavinH like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All the news has been good for the BTC build out.

Sean Waters, GavinH and ND Hauf like this.
  7. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

* GBTC Unlocking coming on July 19th. Grayscale 6 month unlocking period this round appears to be 16,00 BTC. It will be interesting to see what type of hands these folks have. If we continue to trade sideways for a few more weeks the BTC/USD price will virtually reflect their entry price. These guys missed out on taking any profits on the run up to $60K as a result of the six month freeze. Curious if they will be more apt to repurchase and put all their chips back on the table or maybe even add to their stack in hopes of catching a much higher high six months from now?...…...or are the majority GBTC purchasers smarter long term HODLers that see the benefit of avoiding cap. gains tax if purchased in IRA?

GavinH and JanSz like this.
  8. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

GavinH and JanSz like this.
  9. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

*How much BTC has been lost forever since its first coin was mined? Will all this truly be lost forever or will hackers someday find a back door to the "lost" SATs?

*For every new address created how many SATs are lost due to a lack of understanding what it means to be your own bank? No one to call after you push the send button.

*Compounding Scarcity...…..

*Everyone needs a plan and understand the importance of being your own bank. Your plan doesn't necessary need to be super elaborate. Figure out who the inner most circle in your circle of six is and get it dialed in. Obviously no one size fits all here...…...Customize.

*Don't let your BTC vaporize with you...…..https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/sto...s-1-billion-is-dead-at-41-reports-11624904721

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  10. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

11. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

12. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

13. Do we know what the relationship is between Black Rock and Greyscale?

We do know that BR is a top shareholder of MSTR.

We also know that BR entered the btc deriviatives market:
    https://markets.businessinsider.com...o-funds-cryptocurrency-2021-1-1029989282?op=1

Is there a re relationship between those two pieces (their investment in MSTR and the funds they themselves operate?

And when I look up Greyscale and BR relationship, what comes up is "competitors;" however, BR and Vanguard are "competitors" at face value but really one and the same under the surface.

Thoughts?

Sean Waters, caroline and Jason F like this.
  14. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

All good questions Christine that I have asked myself. I don't know if there's any relationships. I believe we need massive global retail adoption with strong hands and conviction. Power of the masses can take away their power to manipulate.

Global Mass Adoption = Decentralized

Michael Saylor's history regarding SEC filings has always given me pause. I need to do some more research here. It's fine if you toe the line but it appears as though he might have crossed it and maybe multiple times. Really I don't trust anyone other than my circle of six.

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/34-43724.htm

15. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

*We have had massive institutional buying over the last few month's. Glassnode data appears to show a lot of new addresses. 100+ BTC. New money be it retail or institutional always worries me.....How strong are they and what is their long term vision? We need more retail. Massive global retail. Will this come in a form of an ETF?

Manipulation Rx = Massive Global RETAIL adoption = Decentralized

Sean Waters likes this.
  16. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

*Tether FUD is picking up steam again. I need to look into DOJ case on this.

*Does it really matter?

*If there's a run on Tether and everyone flocks to exchanges as price goes 90.80,70 cents on $ won't a lot flock to USDC or BTC or or or and stay in the space?

*Is Tether backed 20,30,40 percent by cash rest by approved means and does this matter?

*I would assume more audits and regulation around stable coins is heating up as stated elsewhere in the forum.

17. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

* If one were to have X amount of polyphenols, chlorophyll, etc. in their bloodstream/body and their human solar panel was operating properly with optimum amounts of DDW could this solar panel produce energy via photosynthesis similar to plants. I need to go back and read and understand this better.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/food-comes-from-the-sun.26070/

Sean Waters and Christine Renner like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't understand why Bitcoin market cap hasn't increased much if there is all this massive institutional buying? Shouldn't that move the market cap up?

19. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Lot's of selling going on also.....Simply reminding myself to keep an eye out for all the possible weak hands that recently entered the market. None of this really matters if you are in it for the long haul.

https://decrypt.co/74828/institutional-investors-losing-interest-bitcoin-report
    https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoins-biggest-buyer-is-seemingly-selling-btc-heres-why/

Richard Watson and caroline like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator