1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Brent's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brent-next, Feb 9, 2017.

1. brent-next

brent-next Gold

I was born in the tropics to American parents who were vegetarians and who didn't eat fish for religious reasons. They did eat eggs and milk. I'm guessing that my mother had gestational diabetes due to my 9 lb. 3 oz birth weight.

I lived near cloudy Chicago from when I was two until I went to boarding high school in Knoxville, Tennessee (even cloudier) then I went to college in Chattanooga Tennessee where it is also very cloudy from October to March. I would get very depressed in the winter when I lived in Tennessee.

At home and at school, we ate a lot of textured vegetable proteins (fake meats) which we were told was health food by our church. Beans were a staple of our diet.

My maternal grandfather lived to age 93 then died from a heart attack in Walla Walla Washington. My maternal grandmother had esophageal cancer in her late 70's and then died of starvation in Walla Walla Washington in her 80's after refusing to eat liquid meals (Ensure) due to chronic nausea after her cancer surgery.

My paternal grandfather lived to age 89 and then died of multiple mini strokes and a fever. This was confirmed by autopsy. My paternal grandmother lived into her 80's and also died of starvation after refusing to eat, only her reason was depression following becoming incontinent (Asheville, North Carolina).

My mother has had two psych hospitalizations for mania (near Chicago). My father has had one heart attack (near Chicago) and two strokes (one near Chicago, and one in Mesa, Arizona).

My health problems include inadequate blood sugar control. I don't seem to have any instant release insulin and then slower release insulin will drive my blood sugar uncomfortably low (75 mg/ dl or lower). Even tiny amounts of carbs in my diet, or a little bit too much protein will push my fasting blood sugars over 100 mg/dl.

For at least 10 years I also have had a problem with waking up hot, tired and wide awake at 2:00 a.m. and not being able to fall asleep until 4:30 a.m. Previous testing didn't show any easy to observe correlation between blood sugar changes and these wakefulness periods. Recently I have added blood ketone testing to my regimen of midnight tests and found that my periods of night time wakefulness are caused by either a decline in blood sugar, or a decline in blood ketones or both.

I have been able to end my long, hot wakeful periods by drinking water (which often washes food out of my stomach) or by very small carb snacks (like half a dried fig or 15 g. of cooked sweet potato and 20 g. of butter or a few oz of heavy whipping cream.

I'm interested in suggestions on how to maintain stable blood sugar and blood ketones over night.

I also have chronic knee and hip pain. I am trying to get strong and I like doing pushups, pullups and swimming. It is not easy for me to gain muscle.

I eat a low carb diet with all the fish I can get (often 4 or 5 times per week). I've been in Cyprus since the end of October. First Larnaca, then Paphos and now I'm in Girne. Paphos is somewhat sunnier and warmer than Girne, but my Republic of Cyprus visa expired so I came to the Turkish side. The latitude here is 35 deg. N.

I try to get the right amount of sun and just bought a Sun Friend UV monitor watch to try and help with that. My skin tone is naturally pasty white, and right now I have a light tan.

My noon shadow here as of February 9 are still longer than I am tall so I may still not be making any vitamin D. I'm still supplementing with vitamin D until my shadow is shorter than I am tall.

It hasn't been as sunny here as I would like, but it's better than Central Europe which is where I was last summer and last winter. Perhaps I should have gone further south.

The neighbors here have WiFi. I'm using a switch with cables strung everywhere. I mostly turn off my computers at dark. I'm not sure if the water here has fluoride in it or not.

I'm the happiest when my blood sugar is 83 mg/dl and my ketones are about 3 mmol/l.

My tools for biohacking include, blood sugar and ketone meters, a Hexoskin data shirt and a reasonable budget for labs.

Six months ago I tested positive for ascaris lumbricoides (round worms). I treated that and re-tested negative. Toxoplasma Gondii IgG was over 650 and IgM was .349. (intracellular parasites).

My diet is basically low carb paleo with as much fish as I can get.

I tried Ozone injections in my knees and hips for the pain. That hurt a lot and 100% did NOT help at all. Sunshine, even enough to get a light tan in the summer seems to not help my knee pain at all.

I'm now following a leg exercise program of various leg lifts, but lifts, and marching in place. This has significantly reduced my knee and hip pain.

Any suggestions on how to further reduce my knee and hip pain, control my blood sugar , gain muscle and live exuberantly would be welcome.

Rocky likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Parasites like worms, virus, bacteria, mold and fungi all undergo explosive growth with nnEMF in the environment.

Lots of people will try to make you bulletproof by telling you mold is really bad and telling you to avoid it. Do you know the only way to really avoid it on a planet it evolved on? You have to avoid the fertilizer that makes it grow. What is that? nnEMF and non native electric and magnetic fields are the fertilizer that makes fungi and mold grow uncontrollably. That includes blue light too. You don't hear that from supplement makers because they cannot monitize it. Toxic mould in homes grows much faster under the load of high electromagnetic loads. Did you know that? Even NASA knows it but does not really talk much about those experiments done in space where nnEMF also exists. They grow much faster in a disturbed milieu. Mercury / heavy metals can also exacerbate the growth because mercury can under go a molecular resonace energy transfer coupled with blue light exposure. Did your supplement maker buddies ever tell you that? Nah.......it would stop those monthly checks coming in for the lastest crap coming to your house you do not need. We need to keep you controlled by keeping you from the data. Many people do not know that bacteria and mold and Archea undergo explosive growth in space. This was well known when an America astronaut, Dave Wolf spent 4 months in space on MIR for NASA before the USA planned on building the ISS. When Wolf opened up the hatch where all the water and wiring were found he found the are filled with microbial and moldly life. This shocked NASA and they knew this could mean trouble for the space program if they were going to try to colonize space.

Little did they know it was the calling card for what ails modern humans on Earth. Confused? Let me explain some evolutionary history to you.

The next trip into space, NASA made sure this experiment was fast tracked to prove that bacteria do undergo massive growth in space. They had to prepare the ISS for this issue for health issues for the astronauts. It was performed on the ISS quickly. They did the seminal experiment that showed when you put a bacteria into a place with no connection to Earth or to the sunlight bacteria undergo explosive growth. Why is this a critical piece of evidence in my Quilt document? What is our mitochondria, fundamentally and where did we get it? It is a bacteria we stole 600 million years ago at endosymbiosis. We controlled its growth on Earth by surrounding it with water and deleting most of its genes to 37 in number. Only 13 of its genes remain which code for the proteins that make the respiratory proteins which tunnel electrons from food, magnetic flux, and the sun. After the eukaryotic cells absorbed the bacteria it surrounded it with water and cell membranes loaded with DHA. Why did it do this? Bacteria are known to release 5000 times as much light as eukaryotic cells. Heat is a form of IR light. Heat and light do special things to water. Heat shrinks water when the water is confined in small spaces. This controls the size and shape of the mitochondria below. This is why bacteria in space grow like mad. When they swell this is a stimulus to divide. Since our mitochondria used to be a bacteria we control its size and shape to use it as a powerhouse of quantum energy production. All frequencies of light affect cell water but UV and IR light build water into a battery by making something called the exclusion zone of water. It has a net negative charge and excludes protons from it. This EZ become a perfect battery to run the ATPase of the mitochondria as a quantum torque engine. In space, we lose these effects in our own mitochondria and this is why astronauts get unusual medical conditions.

Today we live an indoor life, out of the sun and disconnected from the Earth magnetic field. A blue lit world that is microwaved simulates space from a mitochondrial perspective.

http://it-takes-time.com/2015/07/10/microbial-growth-and-electromagnetic-radiation/

Metals interact with EMF and lower the cells redox by destroying glutathione levels.

4. prime1

prime1 New Member

So avoiding nnEMF will help with mold in your home yet sunlight doesn't help that much. States with the highest sunlight exposure have the highest mold levels - Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana and so on.... I have all 5 HLA-DR genetic snips so it's extremely difficult to get rid of the mold out of me :( 3 years and very little improvement.

brent-next likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And why is that? Maybe because those people stay inside and keep their windows closed and Air conditioning on?

You got to wake up and think a bit. Modern glass blocks blocks UV and IR light chief.

Rob Kavanagh and Rocky like this.
  6. brent-next

brent-next Gold

So how much reduction in non native emf is enough? How much sunshine is enough?

I've changed a lot of things in my life to reduce non-native emf. I sold my Tesla model S electric car and my home converted electric truck. I'm no longer a ham radio operator and I don't fly my own airplanes any more. My computer is six feet away from me.

I have an ionizing radiation meter in my bag. The only time I have seen a high reading is while flying in a commercial airliner, where my meter says "Radiation levels dangerous" at 2.10 micro sieverts per hour. I don't fly much any more.

My microwave meter shows dangerous levels all the time and while I know that zero levels would be ideal, they are really hard to find. My meter that reads 50 or 60 hz signals often will show 1000 v/m if say a refrigerator isn't grounded.

Last winter at 50 deg. North in Europe, I got really sick. This winter in Cyprus at 35 deg North I have stayed fairly healthy, but I haven't made much progress on my road to optimal.

If mold toxins are increased by a factor of 600 due to typical microwave background radiation as the link above suggests, then places like Arizona might have strong mold problems because they don't have enough trees or water to soak up the microwaves.

Perhaps my road to optimal is to keep adding hours of sunshine exposure and keep reducing my microwave dose until I notice real progress?

7. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Today was sunny day here in Cyprus, so I started sunbathing about 9:30 a.m. as soon as my Sun Friend UV watch was showing some UV (the second led was lit). About solar noon (with the 6'th led on the Sun Friend lit) I did 30 minutes of CT in a 50 deg F. shallow outdoor pool.

My blood sugar was 93 mg/dl and ketones were 1.1 mmol/l before CT. My blood sugar immediately after was 96 mg/dl and my ketones had dropped to 0.3 mmol/l. Before CT I ate about an ounce of butter and then ate another ounce of butter after CT along with some hot tea with milk to warm up.

I shivered for 30 minutes after getting out of the pool and drying off, in spite of lying wrapped in a blanket in the sun.

This was my longest CT so far. I tried to sit motionless in the pool. I did shiver some while in the pool, but didn't shiver intensely until I was out and had fully dried off.

After I warmed up and stopped shivering I felt very good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that my ketones declined but my blood sugar didn't or other comments or suggestions?

8. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Could using a polarized computer monitor be a big problem that is slowing me down on my road to optimal?

I make my living on a computer and have known for some time how dangerous this is. For the last two years my laptop is usually 8 feet away from me connected to the internet with a cable. My monitor is 5 feet away from me and I am careful to use Flux and turn my computer screens off at dark. I use a remote keyboard and a mouse.

But my computer monitor is polarized, just like most computer monitors are. If you want to check this on your computers, hold either a polarizing filter (or a pair of polarized sunglasses) in front of your computer screen and rotate it. If the screen goes black at one point, then the monitor is polarized.

Most, but not all computer monitors are polarized. I have a projection monitor (unfortunately in another country right now) that isn't polarized and I have tested one flat panel TV and found that it also was not polarized.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/polarized-light.17680/

Natural sunshine is never polarized.

Even though I am careful to have plenty of natural light in the room where my computer is located, having a big source of polarized light that I am looking at, certainly seems like it could be a problem.

Comments? Suggestions?

9. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Okay, I relocated to a sea front resort that is mostly empty (it's the off season) in the most sparsely populated part of Cyprus (the the panhandle of the island that points towards Syria). There are 25 cabins and I am staying that is out of range of wi-fi. A hill blocks strong signals from the many cell phone towers on the island although cell phones still work from my cabin. Mine is off 99% of the time.

Most nights, I'm the only guest.

My microwave 200 Mhz to 8 Ghz meter shows mostly clean at the location of my cabin. There are just a few chirps, that I haven't been able to identify. The sea is dark in front of my cabin and on moonless nights the sky is dark. I'm using a cable to connect to the internet to make this post.

I'm getting as much sun and time in cold water as the weather will allow.

On days with strong sun, I'm trying two to three drops of methylene blue (aquarium grade) in water with 0.5 mg. of nicotine gum (1/4 of a 2 mg. chicklet) tucked in between my lip and my jaw. This definitely makes me feel good while I am doing it. Most days have at least some strong sun. My shadow near noon is shorter than I am tall.

I'm hoping to make progress mostly on knee and hip health while I am here and I think I will stay here until it gets crowded, which should be about to the end of April.

10. brent-next

brent-next Gold

I just tested positive again for Ascaris Lumbricodes eggs a common roundworm parasite:
    https://web.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2005/Ascaris/JLora_ParaSite.htm

Last year I also tested positive for this and took a three day treatment and then re-tested negative.

I did the re-test yesterday because a Dr. told me that the worms don't produce eggs at all times of their life (none at all if they are male). He recommended three different re-tests from at least two different labs.

There are some parasites that are arguably optimal for human health, but this is NOT one of them.

I just now took three 250 mg. Pirantel (Kontil) chewable tablets. I need to take at least one more dose and then re-test several times.

Anyone have problems with re-occuring Ascaris Lumbricodes? I don't know if this is the same infection or a new one. I'm guessing that it's the same one.

11. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Here are some suggestions on diagnosing and treating ascaris along with the statement that up to 80% of negative stool tests are wrong. False negatives are apparently common.

12. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Here's an old but probably still very useful public health video:

13. brent-next

brent-next Gold

14. brent-next

brent-next Gold

My first dose of Kontil (three chewable pills) didn't seem to do much. I still had a very noisy abdomen (you could hear it rumble across the room) and discomfort / pain in my chest. I think the medicine wasn't effective because I drank too much water that day.

I took a second round of Kontil (again three chewable pills) three days later and again didn't notice much. But 24 hours after the second dose, I had four bouts of strange diarrhea like stools and then after that I felt fine. My bowel quieted down for the first time in a very long time.

I plan to take another dose of an anti helmenith medicine (either pyrantil or albendazol) probably in a few days. My guess is that I have has ascaris lumbricodes for a long time.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Thanks JanSz. I've now taken two doses of albendazol and two of pyrantil. Pyrantil made me feel sick and albendazol did not. All of the worm medicines I have taken made my gut quiet for about a day and then the noise would come back.

I really don't think that I am over this particular parasite yet.

Here's another good video on Ascaris. Note that this Dr. who treats this parasite daily has a much different dosing recommendation than the WHO recommends.

He treated this patient with 100 mg. albendazol orally, twice daily for three days and repeated at two weeks. Note that this patient was only 45 kg. The WHO recommend 400 mg. as a one time dose for people 70 kg and up.

This patient also needed endoscopic extraction of just one worm to prevent obstruction of his stomach.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@brent-next
    why not getting gartroscopy, easy enough

brent-next likes this.
  18. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Yes, gastroscopy is easy enough to get, but on Dr. Kruses advice I am living in the least populous part of the island and it's an hour and a half drive to the city where this would be available.

I crushed my last two albendazole pills (400 mg) mixed them in a big glass of water and took yesterdays dose like that. I've seen far too many pills go from mouth to anus without dissolving at all and if the worms were living in my stomach (likely) I want to deliver the medicine to my stomach active and ready to go, rather than needing to dissolve and having the worms try to get out of the way.

If my epigastric symptoms don't go away after this round of medicine, I will probably see if I can get an inspection with a scope.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Gastroscopy is easy and it would take the worms out, so it would make your life (temporarily) easier,
    but anything that is spread thru your body would need medicine otherwise they will come back.

brent-next likes this.
  20. brent-next

brent-next Gold

My guess is that Albendazole is good at killing worms that it comes into contact with for more than 20 minutes or so. The Dr. in the Blue and White striped shirt video above from Guatemala says that H. Pylori (the bacteria that causes ulcers) often occurs at the same time as Ascaris.
    There is an easy stool test for the antibodies to H-Pylori that I plan to order next Saturday along with a re-test for parasites and occult blood.

The recommendation here for treatment is to take it again in two weeks, because some larvae may be in my lungs or somewhere else in my body, when I took my the first course of Albendazole.

The mechanism of action of albendazole includes being a mitochondrial poison for the worms. That's not comforting to someone who is trying to make healthy human mitochondria.

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00518

"Albendazole causes degenerative alterations in the tegument and intestinal cells of the worm by binding to the colchicine-sensitive site of tubulin, thus inhibiting its polymerization or assembly into microtubules. The loss of the cytoplasmic microtubules leads to impaired uptake of glucose by the larval and adult stages of the susceptible parasites, and depletes their glycogen stores. Degenerative changes in the endoplasmic reticulum, the mitochondria of the germinal layer, and the subsequent release of lysosomes result in decreased production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is the energy required for the survival of the helminth. Due to diminished energy production, the parasite is immobilized and eventually dies."

I still have epigastric discomfort and sometimes pain, but my gut is much quieter than it was before the Albendazole.

JanSz likes this.