1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Breakthrough

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sean L., Jan 25, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

People do not learn easily. I am 77yo now, two years ago I fell of skateboard too. Really bad news for my left shoulder, permanently bad news.

Accutane can screw you for life. How are your erections?
    -------
    When you are ready for test consider discussing beforehand what kind tests you will want to have done.

=========================================================
    Sean L. said:
    Decided to go to Costa Rica and spend the week eating seafood on the beach to expedite the healing process.

I can deal with all the physical symptoms, however am nervous over what I expect will be lingering cognitive impairment.

My last concussion was 2 years ago and I don't feel I ever regained my full cognitive abilities. Word capture, working memory, vocabulary and even my personality seem blunted/reduced.
    ======================================================

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Birth gives you gift called a brain. Life turns it into a mind. In youth we accept the principle but resist its practice. A young mind is out of shape and unripe. The older I get, the less I beleive I know. I find that one of the benefits of aging. It's wonderful because it makes the world so spacious and gives me more opportunities to exercise my brain by learning. With aging, we accept less on principle and require more inquiry.

[​IMG]

Lyndal and Brent Patrick like this.
  3. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Erections are strong but infrequent. No morning wood ever. Interesting how in Costa Rica I was getting erections every time the wind blew. Felt like I was 14 again..

Dia likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That lesson should teach you something about the power of light Sean

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think you may want to do well planned set of tests at where you are now in New Hampshire.
    Then go to Costa Rica.
    Stay there 3-6 months or more.
    Either there or next day of your return to New Hampshire, repeat same set of tests.
    Compare, see what makes you tick.

Wodometer is the best indicator, but it is hard to read.
    It reads your status correctly if you are 14, 27 or 84.

6. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Sure does Jack.. Last May-September I set up an outdoor desk and worked outside naked 10-12 hours a day from my laptop. Literal skin in the game. Same effect as Costa Rica. Sex drive was through the roof to the point my wife accused me of taking drugs.. In fact I was, except this time it wasn't something Purdue pharma can manufacture.. LIGHT ;)

taiyang, ScottishEmma and Alper like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use hemp seed oil for its fatty acids content. 2 tbsp/day
    It did normalized my fatty acids since I started using it.
    It looks like I may have to cut down to 1.5 or 1tbsp/day
    Nutiva hemp Seed Oil.
    Have likely minimal content of other known ingredients.
    THC, b-sitosterol, cannabinoids,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure how to go about in figuring if I would benefit from them.
    @Jack Kruse
    I would appreciated a word about that

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.extsoilcrop.colostate.ed...lternative_oil/potential_of_hemp_seed_oil.pdf

The Composition of Hemp Seed Oil
    and Its Potential as an Important Source
    of Nutrition

LNA,a-linolenic acid;
    EPA, eicosapentaenoic acid;
    DHA, docosa-hexaenoic acid;
    LA, linoleic acid;
    GLA,g-linolenic acid;
    DGLA, dihomogammalinoleic acid;
    AA, arachidonic acid;
    ---
    CBD, cannabidiol;
    CBDA, cannabidiolic acid;
    THC, D9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  8. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

@JanSz Can I get your advice/feedback on my labs?

Attached Files:

JanSz likes this.
  9. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Continued

Attached Files:

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Alkaline Phosphatase low
    Vitamin C
    Zinc
    Phosphatidylcholine
    vit D3
    anorgasmic??

Get
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis

-----------------------
    O6 O3
    EPA high
    AA suppressed
    easy on seafood

get
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

------------------------
    Total Testosterone=553 lowish, 600-700 is minimum

Missing LH & FSH to get further ideas (specially keeping in mind your frequent concussions which may have interrupted pituitary work).

-------------------------
    TSH=2.39
    your pituitary thinks that you have low thyroid hormones

T3 uptake
    T4
    T4free index
    missing
    the most important
    FT3 & RT3

--------------------------
    cortisol=11.9 (4-20)
    it is low, should be at least 15
    HgA1c=5.1
    not bad
    tells not much
    get
    Free fasting Insulin

11. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Thank you Jansz. I will get more testing done and post results. Waiting on my lipid panel and D levels also. I am curious about the low Alkaline Phosphatase. I've been working on healing my gut for a few years now and wonder if it's a function of poor nutrient absorption over the past few years? Accutane and prescription drug use wrecked it years ago.

I am supplementing with NT Factor for Phosphatidylcholine and will add in Zinc and Vit C. What do you mean by anorgasmic?

Regarding the lower T levels and AM Cortisol, additional thoughts on correcting these? I am getting lots of naked sun and using NIR 660nm and FIR sauna. Circadian rhythm is pretty tight. In bed by 930, up at 630. AM sunlight for 60-90 minutes daily, dark or blue-blockers at night. EMF exposure could be better. Fairly remote location in NH but working from home on my laptop. Outside as much as possible.

Thank you.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You said:
    I am supplementing with NT Factor for Phosphatidylcholine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may want to do this test to watch progress.
    Creatine Kinase (CK), Total Plus Isoenzymes Test Number: 002154 CPT: 82550 (total); 82552 (isoenzymes)

2016/17 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code R74.8
    Abnormal levels of other serum enzymes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am using
    http://www.bodybio.com/storecategory96.aspx
    BodyBio Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
    ------------------------------------------------

When looking at NT Factor I was not able to figure out what it is, they make it proprietary.
    When it works for you, why not, but I do not like black boxes.

/////////////////

13. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Thanks, I ordered the BodyBio PC.

Any feedback on the lipid panel given the context from above? For comparison purposes, first are my numbers from 18 months ago when I started plugging back into nature and following these protocols with any discipline. My wife is a cardiac NP and her mother is a cardiologist so they are brutal on me with their conventional cholesterol BS..

10/24/15

Cholesterol 285
    HDL 50
    LDL 213
    Trigs 102
    HS-CRP < .1

Today:

Cholesterol 256
    HDL 60
    LDL 184
    Trigs 60
    Lipoprotein(a) 44
    CRP <.1

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I manage my cholesterol indirectly.
    Mostly using this tests and following them with best corrective action I can manage:
    Script as shown here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199717

https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT) $ 390.00
    CardioMetabolic Risk $ 150.00

---------------------------------------------
    I am not a doctor.
    I would add few more items but not sure if they would be acceptable by my Medicare.
    I could use your wife and mothers help with some ICD-10 codes

I used to have better doctor, but he does not want to see my Obama Care heath insurance.
    I am on 20th year of retirement now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually I plan on adding:

https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-complete-sample-report/
    ;..

You should get good payoff,
    reduction on total cholesterol,
    when you increase your pregnenolone,
    and then manage other steroid hormones.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

other than crp look at your
    homocysteine

drezy likes this.
  16. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Let me know what ICD-10 codes you need.

17. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Played basketball this weekend and was hit in the back of head lightly and re-triggered all my concussion symptoms. Feels like back to square one all over again. I can't imagine I have head trauma from such a soft hit but my nervous system is reacting like it was a massive blow.

Also, now 18 days off caffeine. Tough mix with the irritability from the concussion but sleeping better and feeling more consistent energy through the day.

Currently supplementing with Bio-PC, low dose NT factor, and Prognenolone.

18. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Dealing with my 4th relapse of post concussion symptoms since late March. Tried to go for a light jog on Tuesday (2 weeks since the last relapse) and now back to square 1 again.

Not sure what to do and scared to even move around at this point. Feeling pretty hopeless as every time I start to heal it's back to the beginning.

Any advice on other things I should consider? I am getting as much sun and grounding as possible. Perhaps I just need to be patient, but the constant relapses make it hard to imagine I will ever get passed this...

19. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Does anyone have an opinion on Hyperbaric versus EWOT oxygen therapy? I’m currently driving 2 hours for hyperbaric therapy for post concussion syndrome and it’s 150/session and anxiety provoking being locked in the chamber. I’d much rather purchase my own EWOT system assuming it can bring similar effects?

20. Maria Ka

Maria Ka Silver

Hey, please what exactly helped you vest with your withdrawals from benzo etc? I have a very precious friend who took 1,5 y zoloft and zyprex and she stopped slowly 5 weeks ago. She cannot function. She doesnt sleep, she is completely broken down. She started with the sun and cold in March this year but now she is not even able to go outside and watch the morning sun. She just spends all the time in bed. I am telling her the sun is the most important thing but she is just not capable of being outside.