1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Breadcrumbs...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PaulG, Mar 30, 2014.

1. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

You know, I don't want to always be the "analytical but negative" guy around here. I know in most of my posts it probably comes off that way, but that's not really what I want. I do believe that the best way to control pessimism is likely practicing meditation and "living in the moment" more. Focusing on the "next step" only instead of everything at once. I plan to follow my own prescription and do more of that this year. At least part of the time. More communing with nature. Maybe climbing a rock. A small one. Nowhere near Venezuela. :)

Its also harder when you try to help other people for a living and most of those people have truly no hope and no chance. It tends to darken your daily outlook. That's my excuse. But I need to overcome that. Excuses are for losers. :)

I actually think Eckhart Tolle's stuff can be quite helpful in this regard. Learning how to "turn off the mind" and live just in "experience" part of the time. And actively "cogitate" only when you want to. I like reading J Krishnamurti a lot as well. Very calming. What you think, Josh?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. Josh

Josh Gold

"You are the world..." Understand and experience this and one is free....my teacher told me I would not be ready for advanced work until I could feel and experience everything happening on the planet in real time without reacting to it...gulp...I asked him if that is how it is for him and he said "yes". Living with him for a few years and seeing the grace that he handled it and us "students" with was a gift. He was personally close to J. Krishnamurti and had many personal meetings with him.

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/view-text.php?s=books&tid=19&chid=68560

On another note, my father went to see J. Krishnamurti at the Felt Forum (part of Madison Square Garden in NYC) in 1978. My father said that JK walked out, sat down in his wooden straight-backed chair and said "Sir, the mind of man has not changed a bit in 4 million years!" The JK work that pierced my heart the first time was the "On Education" where first you see him talking to teachers at one of his schools and then to the students. I felt his love and compassion in an overwhelming way and cried for a few days....

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/view-text.php?tid=43&chid=297

http://www.amazon.com/Krishnamurti-Education-Jiddu/dp/0060647949

Suzuki had a pair too...."freedom without form is anarchy"

NeilBB likes this.
  3. Josh

Josh Gold

I remember one more thing from J. Krishnamurti's life. Someone visited his school teacher and asked him about JK. The teacher said that he was the dumbest boy in the class and that he would routinely put him out on the veranda to sit alone. The teacher could not understand how that boy had become the eloquent being that JK became as a teacher.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

An all too familiar story with the brilliant ones.....

5. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

The story of his basically rejecting "messiahship" by dissolving the "Order of the Star" is really fascinating to me.

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/about-krishnamurti/dissolution-speech.php

"Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices."

"If an organization be created for this purpose, it becomes a crutch, a weakness, a bondage, and must cripple the individual, and prevent him from growing, from establishing his uniqueness, which lies in the discovery for himself of that absolute, unconditioned Truth. So that is another reason why I have decided, as I happen to be the Head of the Order, to dissolve it. No one has persuaded me to this decision. This is no magnificent deed, because I do not want followers, and I mean this. The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth."

"For two years I have been thinking about this, slowly, carefully, patiently, and I have now decided to disband the Order, as I happen to be its Head. You can form other organizations and expect someone else. With that I am not concerned, nor with creating new cages, new decorations for those cages. My only concern is to set men absolutely, unconditionally free."

6. Josh

Josh Gold

If you want to have your mind blown, consider reading his biography. There are 2 versions, one 3 volumes and a single volume compilation. Some of the "organization" question falls into the category of what Suzuki said : "freedom without form is anarchy". Along the way beings seem to need more form at some points than others...kind of the way some seedlings need protection of a greenhouse before facing the full force of the climate and seasons....

7. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Yeah man. I agree that although "organizations" support dogma and inhibit truth and wisdom, they do seem to still be necessary to control the "flow" of civilization. That's why I went down this whole path of posts here. It was because of what Sooperb said. About the fact that not everyone could drop out of civilization and "pursue pure truth" essentially. If we tried to, civilization would collapse. Imagine, if everyone on earth were like Krishnamurti, for example. It just wouldn't work. There is a dynamic tension between dogmatic everyday working civilization and the important and exceptional leaders and movements and thinkers capable of advancing knowledge. This dynamic tension seems to maintain the yin and yang of humanity.

Ok. I'm done thinking for today. Gonna go climb a rock now.

Shijin13 and cantweight like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Gold

I think actually this is the only way it could "work"......the fact that most of us are not that conscious seems to be the what is keeping things from "working"....

Still based on the current COE's the perception of dynamic tension is what motivates those of us who recognize that it is imperative to do some sort of "work"...

Shijin13 and NeilBB like this.
  9. Josh

Josh Gold

Must be their proteins unfolding late.....

caroline likes this.
  10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Reading Eckhart Tolle was a game changer for me....his ability to explain consciousness as well as provide the tools to achieve it....just amazing

11. Josh

Josh Gold

Eckhart is a prerequisite for J Krishnamurti and others....Here and Now 101...I in no way claim to be anywhere near where he is, and this has been explained to me...everyone is doing their part.......:)

I love listening to his retreats and the way he makes light of the "problems" in people's lives....as I recall he really dug into his own story and process in a retreat for "healthcare providers" somewhere in early 2000's.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Think about the Q & A with jeremy and what I said where the take home messages .........Then consider this past breadcrumb:

"Remember from Einstein’s equation, time is directly proportional to the mass of any object. Derived from the equation, the smaller the object’s mass, the slower time flows around that object. And inversely, the greater the mass of the object, the faster perceived speed of time. Therefore, time would be slowest in space, where there is nothing but particles."

Where would that fit in to Jeremy?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Let us see who among our starfish is good at math? Neil I am checking you specifically for Gertsmann Syndrome.

Another bread crumb you all missed?

"As counterintuitive as this sounds, it means all life anywhere, is tied to an accurate depiction of space/time in our quantum computer in our head and, time is a function of mass. At it’s core disease reversals are a thermodynamic problem. And as such all are subject to energy mass equivalence relationships. A physicist and engineer understand that the Second law is a statistical one, and as such, can be taken full advantage of. This is why stars form a concrete nucleus which is organized, and why they must return energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation in the form of sunlight back to the cold abyss of space. (to pay the thermodynamic debt of organizing the mass of gases into a star). They must satisfy the Second Law of thermodynamics. Life then uses this return of entropy to organize around and bind atoms together and form matter."

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Have I ever told you my son is studying to be an engineer? Have you ever wondered why?

Yep..............nother crumb.

BOOM

15. Josh

Josh Gold

2+2=5 right?:)

NeilBB likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

or how about this crumb..............from long ago: The implications of the last blog, are massive for biology. Those two space experiments show us that time contractions when we lose the sensation of magnetism, and it dilates when we increase it.

Optimalbound and Josh like this.
  17. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

You mean Gertsmann syndrome or Geschwind syndrome?

18. Josh

Josh Gold

19. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

It's hard to read your mind or where you're going but I would say this... Jeremy is exposing himself to a constant natural magnetic field and photoelectric effect which decreases his entropy. He therefore effectively ages much more slowly than expected. Also his semiconductors are near 100% efficient and he lives in a metastable condition most of the time...

Shijin13 and Josh like this.
  20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

You have it Josh?