1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Breadcrumbs...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PaulG, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've found this connection with many others... what's interesting is that these individuals move in and out of my daily life depending on my and their needs. Some are regulars in my circle, and others less as frequent. but when we connect the connection is vibrant, its amazing and it feeds the souls of both individuals.... very special thing....

cantweight likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

I so agree on this ^^. I also believe... to have the courage to do this... there needs to be love - to be able to give up the illusion of security
    otherwise... it is just too scary
    might just drive us crazy.

I wonder if behind every true genius there is an amazing woman. ;) (thinking about Jack and his Sandy...)

3. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

There you go:

Mind you, the Ancients seem to have managed to overcome fear with honour, which is based on pride.

See also Coriolanus, who was a war hero and too proud to show his wounds to get votes:

http://shakespeare.mit.edu/coriolanus/index.html

Shakespeare was using North's translation of Plutarch.

4. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I was wondering if behind every flock of sheep in Finland there was an amazing woman. ;)

5. Inger

Inger Silver

how embarrassing Gangrad...:oops: you took away my illusion...:eek: ;)
    I still believe it my way tho.. :D

lol about the sheep flock... i kind of failed in my life so the only one I am good enough for are the sheep... hehe :eek:

6. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I'm sure it's the better way. LOL

Lucky sheep. ;)

7. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I am with you Jack. But we are a really small minority. I just think it's gonna be a pretty tough sell to society as a whole. Aside from the fact that humans are devolving rapidly cognitively and otherwise, most people do seem to prefer the shields of artificial security and comfort to the bright sunshine of truth.

8. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Of course we can only control ourselves, and one of the best ways to impact others is to focus on making ourselves examples. And we can also teach and influence selected motivated individuals around us who choose to open their eyes. Of course. And Jack, you have already way done more than your share of that! And I, for one, am forever grateful to you for that.

But lets face it, most of society lives defiantly with blindfolds and sunglasses on. And "shining the flashlight of truth" in their direction is not likely to impact them at all. And they are the ones that control society and society's dogmas. And that, I suppose, was my point. Their goals are simply not ours.

JanSz likes this.
  9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

All it takes is the power of one. one person, one thought, one action can change the world. what happens when we connect with others and change their paradigm one-to-one? we're all changing the world. its how quantum entanglement works. its why people come in and out of our lives and at the right time...

10. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I hope so. Thats the Objectivist in you coming out, isnt it? :) True. We can change a lot of individuals I think through reason and rational persuasion. But reason requires an epistemological framework and active minded individuals to receive and process the message. How many of those people are left today? How many in positions of influence in society?

I don't believe that we can really change "society" through rational persuasion today. I really dont. It has a different purpose and mechanism in my opinion. It's dogmas are fundamentally impermeable to reason. They operate instead primarily through propaganda. Propaganda bypasses reason and rationality and capitalizes instead on human fear and greed to gain rapid influence and acceptance. It is the overwhelmingly dominant form of persuasion in operation in the world today. It is the basis of marketing and sales and media and politics. Truth is beside the point in spreading propaganda which makes it fast and powerful and a great tool of manipulation. Once an individual gives up reason, he becomes very vulnerable to such influences. This is all around us today...

The cognitively de-evolved human has replaced reason with propaganda as his primary tool of communication...

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Possibly. :) it all comes back to how we touch someone else. Touch need not always be physical. here's another example of touch... one in which I imagine will resound with most here on the forum http://bit.ly/PortraitswithAnimals

NeilBB likes this.
  12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"But lets face it, most of society lives defiantly with blindfolds and sunglasses on. And "shining the flashlight of truth" in their direction is not likely to impact them at all. And they are the ones that control society and society's dogmas. And that, I suppose, was my point. Their goals are simply not ours."

QED. Neat. The many are at the mercy of the few.

13. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Im really not trying to be negative. Just candid. And I'm not giving up. Just strategizing. For some people I just don't think shining the flashlight is enough. You have to hit them over the head with the butt of the damn thing and push them out of your way (figuratively, of course.) ;)

14. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

One of my favorite passages from Atlas Shrugged. Very relevant. This is for you Gretchen...

Who is John Galt? He was an explorer, the greatest explorer that ever lived. The man who found the fountain of youth. John Galt spent years looking for it. He crossed oceans, and he crossed deserts, and he went down into forgotten mines, miles under the earth. But he found it on the top of a mountain. It broke every bone in his body, it tore the skin off his hands, it made him lose his home, his name, his love. But he climbed it. He found the fountain of youth, which he wanted to bring down to men. Only he
    never came back.

Why didn't he?

Because he found that it couldn't be brought down.

Shijin13 likes this.
  15. cantweight

cantweight Gold

When I pulled my head out of my ass a few years back I felt very alone, like there was no one to be conscious with me. My option was to put up a facade with those around me or search for those that truly are being and living. I am amazed as I have succumbed to changes in life how many of these people I have found. All hope is not lost. For those that are awake are incredible. I think they shine brighter alone than many masses I have known. To recognize in another their place in your world /and or your place in theirs is exceptional. To know that it is you that need to learn from them is humbling every bit as it is empowering when someone is learning from you. When the combination of two is synergistic the quantum magic is palpable and electrifying. This is the stuff I live for now.

Shijin13 likes this.
  16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ahhhh such a great book. and that passage is very appropriate for this thread.... at least from my point of view. the challenge is most of society doesn't realize its within them. I think that those of here do. That's what makes our impact different upon the world.

I had a friend in college who I re-connected with in Japan. He read the passage where Dagny meets Gault for the first time to an artist and had the artist draw Gault from that description. That was one of the most profound works of art I've ever seen. When he showed it to me I was awestruck. We were at a Dorm party and a group of us had struck up a conversation about books we were reading.. I mentioned I was re-reading Atlas Shrugged for the 4th time. Deiter told me I have something to show you. it was that picture. What's quantum about it all was I had read that passage when Dagny met Gault just before going to the party. I knew immediately who it was.

NeilBB likes this.
  17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Beautiful. Just Beautiful Christi

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

cantweight likes this.
  19. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

This is an epic convo. I'm sad I didn't get to hear the webinar with Jeremy but I caught his blog post pertaining to it, and the intro sounds fitting :) http://www.mohawksteelco.com/philosophy-of-touch-breath-intention/

My roommate just looks at me weird sometimes when I tell him I "sense" his presence...

examples would be: he commutes to work on his bike. There have been a handful of occasions when I happen to be outside in our front yard, and something just clicks in my head... I'll walk to the end of the driveway and look down the 1/4 mile of road to the next intersection just in time to watch him turn the corner. Always puts a smile on my face.

Also, we go on www.sjbikeparty.org rides nearly monthly. Sometimes the turnouts to these rides are upwards of 4,000+ people. Due to this and the fact we are riding through streets with active intersections and lights, it is common we get separated but built in to the rides are 2-3 check point/re-groups. I typically ride really fast, and will beat him to the checkpoints. There has not been a single instance I can think of when I didn't just know he was pulling in, looking towards the correct entry just in time to watch.

Shijin13 likes this.
  20. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Although the thyroid post you did for Ameer was epic, this post is my favorite :)

Shijin13 likes this.