1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Breadcrumbs...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PaulG, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Soon a new day will dawn.............big words but you will see why I am quite optimistic. You have asked me many time why I am not a pessimist.........soon you'll find out why.

2. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

CF not specifically mitochondrial, but mitochondrial inefficiency seems to be a final common pathway for all neolithic disease. No?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

One more thing.........Our profession said to Jeremy's mom he'd be dead at 6. He is 31. Is that not evidence of disease reversal?

Just sayin'

I can explain it with precise detail.

Well me and Einstein can.

Shijin13 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not for Jeremy is not........and that is why touch is big for him. The mechanism he uses is exactly what we see in synkinesis. the fact that you mentioned it tells you how good a doc you really are. Soon I am going to see to it you become phenomenal.

Epilepsy will change in ALA.

Josh likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Go back and listen the conversation between me and him during the Q & A. He still has no clue how he does it.........and I told him at my Xmas party if he gave me some time I'd figure it. Well I did.

I just wrote his chapter in the new book. Finished it 10 min ago.

NeilBB likes this.
  6. Josh

Josh Gold

Hah! Jeremy is a yogi in a coffin walking around. We are all optimal as yogi's in boxes or eutherian animals underground after the KT event. Cellular respiration is optimal in hypoxia because our mitochondrial DNA is optimized for cold, dark and hypoxia-KT again. The basement membrane defect/issue in CF may actually drive the system toward optimal oxygen utilization and signalling with the right environmental messages. Traditionally, these would have come from intimate contact with the environment that would run electrons and possibly other information carrying particles through the system. The microbiota would get these signals as well and do their part. As a species, we are now not only local environment electron/particle deficient, but also non visual/audio sensing deficient and getting more so by the day.....Jeremy's disability forced him to have a much more intimate multisensorial experience of life and environment to survive and created a more "traditional/optimal" balance between his senses and thus more optimal sensing of the environment and regulation of his metabolism. It is a system that allows him to create a very powerful metastability and it is one that is very sensitive to crashing when things go out of range. Thus, if he is not careful, he ends up in the hospital with breathing issues.

It suggests that the extracellular matrix system of water and collagen may be our primary energy system by design with appropriate support from intracellular/other organ systems. If optimal function of these systems is based on a hypoxic state such as experienced by a eutherian animal in hibernation or living underground permanently, then we are obviously overpriming and stimulating the intracellular system most of the time. It even suggests that buried in there may be a way to really slow things down if need be to maintain stability. Perhaps reversing electron flow across the mitochondrial membrane and or some other key processes that can absorb extra energy/entropy to maintain the Second Law of Thermodynamics. I guess the 64, 000 dollar question is what would be the signal for this...hypoxia, cold, darkness, a flow of electrons from the environment via the skin and extracellular collagen matrix with particular information....?

In the context of "practices" that increase resonance/qi/prana/etc., this explains how and why so many work with breath and touch/movement to emphasize the development of gross and subtle neural and muscular function. The great risk and danger is always that the metastability will shift too quickly blasting the nervous system with a great deal of extra energy and producing "uncomfortable" "phenomena" that classically have included pretty much everything in the lexicon of epilepsy and psychiatry and beyond....Mystics have always said that these experiences can be attained by falling below "human" or rising above "human" function...I am guessing that this is above or below a familiar metastability with familiar nervous system function and phenomena to a point. Another example being the commonality between "mystical experiences" and "drug experiences". The later being used as an introduction to the possibility of the former in some traditions....Hence, the caution to go slow and steady as well as to be meticulous with all "practices" because shifting the metastability of the system will have profound effects on the nervous system and immune system as they sit at the top of the energy tree and use new additional sources of energy for new work and even possibly "evolution" of sorts.....

Shijin13 likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

Perhaps intracellular hypoxia is the essential factor in keeping us in the metabolic sweet spot where repair and regeneration/autophagy is always optimized over reproduction. The idea that it was abundance of food is a later adaptation after food again became abundant enough to signal extra energy for reproduction. Initially, post-KT, it would have been enough oxygen to breed....

Rarely apparent in an age focused on the abundance of food. Interesting that we are heading into an age of scarce oxygen........

Perhaps we even have more ancient and potentially important sensing systems for oxygen levels in our skin and touch rather than in our respiratory membranes? Remnants of a reptilian and aquatic past, think gills and salamander skin, insects and transpiration....could these be turned on during longterm hypoxia/lung functional deficit to optimize adaptation. Especially if lung function is chronically compromised-CF?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Shijin13 and NeilBB like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Gold

It was dark after the KT, so perhaps visual sensing of time was less significant than other signals such as temperature from touch or resonant and chemical signals from the environment through the skin transmitted via both nerves and collagen network. Perhaps circadian sensing and signalling was actually non-visual. Hypoxia also limits the function of the eyes and visual cortex which would possibly enhance the importance of the less energy and oxygen dependent touch-based collagen sensing?

Thus the touch/skin/collagen based system optimizes for a hypoxic environment such as the post KT landscape when that was the norm with low and no light conditions.....

Shijin13 likes this.
  9. Josh

Josh Gold

Epilepsy and Bi-polar disorder may be the inability to maintain metastability based on not being able sense, regulate and respond to irregular oxygen transport across the basement membrane of cells when redox is low. They are two sides of the "dropping below human into the primate brain" scenario based on which part of the nervous system experiences the greater energy deficit and or fluctuation outside of the limits of the individual's metastability.

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Yep. Relative hypoxia means less mitochondrial activity. Less ROS. Less leakiness and slower aging too. Another way to slow down time? Provided of course you can stay in that sweet spot and it doesn't kill you first. Oxygen itself is a double-edged sword. So since Jeremy's breath is limited he had no choice but to find a way around it.

Josh likes this.
  11. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Jeremy's mitochondria are super efficient but he uses them far less than we do. That's probably why his trial of restricting carbs shocked his system and is unnecessary for him.

Josh likes this.
  12. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Also why he hates hiking. His system is likely optimized for anaerobic metabolism which is carb-based.

13. Josh

Josh Gold

He functions more within the parameters of a cold-blooded than a warm blooded animal I imagine. Most of us chronically ill people have similar limitations, but our mitochondria are inefficient because we have not had the lifetime of hypoxic-state training to optimize them for the poor redox.....most therapies are focused on putting or maintaining higher oxygen levels in the system rather than optimizing the mitochondria for the new COE's.....The Epi-Paleo lifestyle prescriptions based on KT event adaptation looks a lot like a mitochondrial optimization for hypoxia treatment protocol now that I think about it....

Shijin13 and NeilBB like this.
  14. Josh

Josh Gold

Here is one more crazy yogi in a cave clue. Swami Rama described how at the culmination of one level of his training, he was walled off into a tiny cave in the Himalayas. Only enough room to sit with only one slit for light and air. He specifically mentions that it was important to not have "cross-ventilation". He says that he did not defecate for 11 months while in there sitting. So he is at altitude in a tiny cave in the cold in contact with the earth with almost no ventilation=hypoxia with cold and almost no light=KT event adaptation. He says that yogis come out rejuvenated. You can read this in his biography:

http://shop.himalayaninstitute.org/products/at-the-eleventh-hour

Reich built his "orgone" chambers as sealed units as well. I never sat in one, but I do not think they have any air flow either. They are dark for sure. He used these to "rejuvenate" people who suffered from chronic illness. I believe their construction would shield one from EMF's as well....

15. Josh

Josh Gold

Ah one more personal note. I and some people I know always feel better above 10,000 feet. I have been as high as 17,000 and I always feel better. In Chinese medicine there is some literature that suggests that people who are "blood deficient" feel better at altitude because the lower pressure allows their vessels to fill out. Among the s/sx's of "blood deficiency" is all of the anemia stuff which makes one functionally hypoxic. Could the high altitude turn on the hypoxic optimization of the system in people predisposed to functional anemia and optimize mitochondrial function. I have also been a free diver and could always do 2-3 minutes. I always liked to use weight and get below 50 feet as deep as 100. Rough on the ears, yet felt just right.....colder higher and lower as well.

Shijin13 likes this.
  16. Josh

Josh Gold

I wish the ketotoic contraption on my shoulders would shut down finally.....

17. Josh

Josh Gold

Arghh...one more Yoga thing. In reality asanas/movements and basic pranayama prepare the body for bandha/locks where the breath is held in different areas to change energy/metabolism that then express in mudra as the energy purifies the body and alters/optimizes its function. The bandhas/locks and the pranayama/breathwork are the meat of it as they actually do more than all of the movement to alter metabolism and neuroregulation of the physiology. It is much more dangerous to play with breathing and breath holding than to do asanas/movements. This has been known and emphasized in both Yoga and Taoist energy arts for thousands of years. Without a competent guide/practitioner, many people get in trouble. Bandha's are refined forms of hypoxic training localized to specific areas and systems of the body. Of course, these techniques are used in ways in bodybuilding as well to some extent.

This suggests that body position sensed through touch and movement may more fundamentally regulate metabolism and oxygen utilization than actual work/exertion. Note the studies that show maintaining breath during exercise/work/sex has a dominant effect on the sympathetic nervous system and allows trained people to maintain parasympathetic and or moderate symapthetic activation. Moving in stillness....less paradoxical than imagined.....

18. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

One thought. Epileptogenesis and synesthesia can both involve specific types of cortical reorganization/neuroplasticity.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wonder about a couple of things about Jeremy..... well I know the answer .....

If Jeremy had been born in New York City???

If Jeremy had not had a bulldog for a mom???

Even living where he does - in the middle of a Christmas tree farm ..... if he had been born into any other family .......

It would be amazing to see Jeremy with his Mom one day .....

What an extraordinary set of circumstances that brought this amazing young man to Dr. K. and all of us ...and the world

20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

At high altitude, because of the lower FiO2 content of the mountain air, Jeremy can voluntarily induce a gentle physiological hypoxia biochemically without necessarily changing his breathing pattern as he would have to at sea level. At sea level, he might employ yoga breathing to achieve a similar effect as what would occur naturally at the top of a mountain but this could potentially cause CO2 retention if over utilized due to decreased ventilation. Perhaps the mountaintop provides a stability to what would otherwise be more frequent bouts of respiratory acidosis?

Shijin13 likes this.