1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Brain Foundation for Factor X

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mammals are very different: In a series of human experimentsperformed by Wengerand colleagues (1976 ), the sweating threshold during physical exercise was lower at night than during the day, suggesting that humans thermo regulate during the night at a different level than during the day. That the circadian rhythm for body temperature is deeply rooted in the brain and independent of the sleep-wake , drinking , feeding , and motor activity cycles was shown by Satinoff (Satinoff and Prosser 1988 ). She lesioned the suprachiasmatic nucleus and found that the rhythms for drinking and motor activity were abolished , but the rhythm for body temperature remained .

Now ask yourself why?

What animals did we come from?

What was the environment like back then?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ever wonder why post menopausal women lie about doing CT a lot but the younger a women is the more she is apt to do it?

Why does she avoid it?

Estrogen excites warm sensitive neurons and inhibits cold sensitive neurons (Boulant and Silva 1989 ) Low progesterone levels makes it even worse.......
    This may help to explain why postmenopausal women on estrogen therapy have high sweat rates by report and improved thermal tolerance in the heat.

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Hm. I think I resent that. I never lied about it ... so there.

And so if I'm understanding the rest, by doing BHRT for the last 18 months it has helped make it easier for me to do CT? Which of course means I'm more prone to do it. And btw, DH called me crazy again today when I hopped out of the tub and spent the next couple of hours off and on shivering. I persist in spite of the "abuse." I think THAT says something. [​IMG]

Oh yeah and I have to stop prefacing a lot of my sentences with "Jack says ..." cause he's getting a wee bit tired of THAT as well. Oh dear.

4. freesia

freesia Old Member

(Is this an eNOS thing?) The rhythm remained because the brain was cold adapted.

It was dark and cold.

[​IMG]

(Has anyone else noticed how Darleen is on FIRE this winter? LOL.)

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

too others.......no, but what about yourself? That is a rhetorically question to. Just ponder it.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cold is primordial.......and keeping the temp lower protect brain survival but going too low.......creates cognitive decline because our human enzymes have no acclimated to real cold as the fishes in Antarctica have.......now if we had to live in a world now like Post K T would some of us survive and acclimate........you know my answer. The Ancient Pathway is in our brain so we have the machinery to do it.

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Nope. I keep records. On November 12 I ran the tub full and climbed in. 45 minutes total. I did it 2 more times in a row then went every other day since then except for about 10 days ago? when I wound up skipping a week. Granted my tub is not small enough to fit my whole fat self in so I'm only getting about 3/4 of myself chilled but I'm consistent with it.

Never claimed before I was doing it and not. Face dunks, ice packs and then I quit. Kept telling myself to get with the program but I knew I wasn't. Never tried to tell myself different.

I'll be forever grateful for Ealachan whapping me upside the head. I was ready but just needed a little push (there's that precipice again).

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

interesting... this has me wondering about BHRT, and optimal thyroid function, and efficient mitochondria. if Estrogen excites warm sensitive neurons and inhibits cold sensitive neurons...how does it react when mitochondria are efficient and releasing free heat, as part of the ATP -> ADP process? is excess estrogen, in say an estrogen dominant woman, released as the fat is burned, causing an increase in free heat, thus the hot flash? CT I've noticed is easier as Pg rises throughout the cycle... thus supporting it would excite cold sensitive neurons.....

so as we become efficient fat burners, our mitochondria become more efficient, and as a result have less leakiness, resulting it the more efficient use of energy, burn fat which results in the increase of free heat - which makes us have those "Hot Flashes" - which aren't related to menopause....

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes.....i think youre correct

10. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Ohhh, now I understand. The last few weeks I have been shedding my clothes in the evening until I was just wearing my bra in the living room because I got something like hot flashes and just had to take off my clothes. I contributed it to the CT, but now I think that I have become an efficient fat burner. After all I have lost 60 pounds in the last four months. When I started menopause I hardly ever had hot flashed, my period just stopped. But this is 6-8 years ago and I was really wondering where these hot flashes came from.

11. janagram

janagram New Member

so interesting. I'm trying to figure it out: lots of menopausal women get hot flashes....they are not burning fat, I don't think....so why would women get hot flashes in menopause, when, in fact, they are losing estrogen...?

makes my brain hurt![​IMG]

12. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

I could imagine, it has something to do with SHBP.