1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BPA in Canned Fish- something I should avoid?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by ginastarke, May 9, 2012.

1. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

As much as I would like to eat fresh fish all the time, I haven't learned how to fish for myself yet ( gear and license ready, though), and I'm still on a tight budget, so I'm wondering if canned wild caught fish is ok with the Leptin Reset, or if it's best avoided due to BPA?

2. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I eat canned tuna, sardines, salmon, herring and coconut milk! Its probably not great for me, but it has to be better than eating SAD.

3. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

Thanks Glam - spotted wild Alaskan Salmon Fillets at a bargain store and almost did a dance in the aisle!

4. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

Me too but I am looking for the healthiest option. Some come in glass.

5. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

6. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

No kidding? That's awesome - I love TJ's fish - looking forward to adding back in their amazing Greek yogurt, too!

7. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

FYI - I emailed Trader Joe's last month to ask about their canned fish and was told their salmon is not in BPA free cans yet, but should be later this year. Their sardines are BPA free though.

8. WannaBeOptimal

WannaBeOptimal New Member

Wow...that contradicts previous statements from TJ's.