1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BPA free = a marketing scheme parents.......

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BPA free = a marketing scam. It is replaced by another chemical that causes more issues.

It’s a marketing scam, folks. BPA free does NOT = SAFE to use.

“University of Calgary scientists say they think their research is the first to show that bisphenol-S, an ingredient in many products bearing “BPA-free” labels, causes abnormal growth surges of neurons in an animal embryo.”

“A lot of the alternative chemicals have not been adequately tested because they don’t have to be,” said lead author Deborah Kurrasch. “A compound is considered safe (by the Food and Drug Administration) until proven otherwise.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ecc37e-9a7e-11e4-a7ee-526210d665b4_story.html

2. Jason Yun

Jason Yun New Member

So do you recommend glass? Stainless steel? Or what?

3. Glass

Antonis and drezy like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Stainless Steel=iron, carbon, chromium, nickel
    It is crystalline structure.

In presence CL, chlorine and time that crystalline structure changes, structures made of it degrades. stability
    That factor is important enough in Nuclear Power Plants that for Class 1 piping their chlorine exposure must be limited.

Not sure if that makes a difference in drinking utensils.
    Not sure if switches in crystalline structures may cause some nickel release.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

drezy likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

@JanSz There is another form of Austenite identifiable with the following markings:
    [​IMG]

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

And the glasses are dark not from sunlight
    but from radiation emanating from her eyes.

When someone crosses her she just take the glasses off.

KrusinWitchie, caroline and drezy like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

Reminds me of Taleb's Lindy effect (aka don't rush out for the latest greatest)

"So things that have been in existence for a long period of time can be considered more robust/antifragile, i.e., more likely to continue to survive, than new things that haven't passed the test of time"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect

caroline likes this.
  8. John Saf

John Saf New Member

9. John Saf

John Saf New Member

i catch wild fish, hunt reindeer, and i butcher pork, lamb and cow. i freeze them in vaccum bags (organs and meat on bones), but i dont like this beacuse of the plastics from the vacuum bags. How do you freeze your fish and meat? If i buy meat/fish in the shop, i dont know the animal (i will not feed my family this), and it is always wrapped in clear platic on a blue light counter. So my method is not good, but better than shop fish/meat.
    Guess raw oysters is the only food with a optimal "wrapping"

caroline, Jude and drezy like this.
  10. Anya

Anya Gold

could try dry aging John :D

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Wax butcher paper is still out there. It's your personal call but once the meat is completely covered in wax paper and not touching plastic I feel safe enough to bag it or vacuum seal it prior to freezing.

John Saf likes this.