1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bottled water without fluoride at Costco

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Hope, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

Wanted to share this - not cheap - water that is free of fluoride, found at Costco though not everyone carries it. They also have Pellegrino which along with this water belong to Nestle now :(.

http://www.acquapanna.com/static/pdf/AP_BWQR.PDF

Unfortunately, I am still cooking with fluoridated water (as little as possible) as we live in a townhouse development with water full of fluoride, aluminum and other stuff. Ugh. I can't seem to find a good water filter.....

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Anybody have a good water filter they can recommend that removes fluoride? I tried a Berkey but had to return it because it wouldn't stop leaking, plus I wasn't impressed with the design. I'd really rather not have to lug big bottles (plastic, no less) of water home.

3. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

We have a Berkey and love it, but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't be using it. Jack keeps mentioning "hard" water, which we have and had to put in a softener because it was so hard on the pipes. We fill the Berky with water that does not go through the softener, but I need to find out if the Berkey removes the minerals . . .

4. Hope

Hope Gold

IS the Berkey hard to get in/maintain??

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

We love our Berkey and haven't had any problems with it, but that's just our experience.

I just checked and thankfully it does not remove the beneficial minerals. This is probably a dumb question because I'm not sure I'm completely getting EMF-7 yet, but if I'm reading it correctly I'm thinking that we also get electrons from drinking ground water, yes? Any thoughts on whether the Berkey would essentially remove the electrons??

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

that is not a good sign then.........

7. Hope

Hope Gold

BJK, how do you think it removes electrons? I am confused.... :) but also haven't finished EMF7.

8. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

We found the mechanism for attaching the filters to be rather delicate and prone to problems. We could not get the filters or plugs to stop leaking. We tried all the remedies recommended and even got replacement parts to no avail. I'm now looking into having spring water delivered in 5 gal jugs to the house.

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

As far as I know, the only filter that can remove fluoride is a reverse osmosis filter.
    I stopped filtering my water. I buy bottled water, Kroger purified drinking water. But I'll check out the Costco brand.
    I guess we can add some sea salt or minerals to our water...

Reminds me of when I lived in the Texas panhandle. Super hard water. I'd leaving a glass of it on the counter, wait for all the sediment to settle out, and then drink. Left the dregs of course. Then recently I heard that Deaf Smith county water was considered the best in Texas, which is right near where I used to live then.

10. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You could always move to Sheridan. Our water has never (yet) been fluoridated but they're trying.

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yeah, the cities scold us for our water bottle empties, but if they would just stop fluoridating the water, many of us would stop buying bottled water.

12. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

The problem with bottled water is a lot of it is just tap water so you aren't making any kind of progress by drinking it.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Right. I've been steering toward the ones that use reverse osmosis, and also say that no fluoride was added afterwards. But then that's just what the label says. A private well or other water source would be so much better...

14. We have a great water source here that has naturally spring water. We currentlyuse an RO system on top of a whole house filter to get rid of the chlorine, but as soon as we move (oh, please let it be soon....yah, probably not) I will be buying this type of water for the house. I think they deliver too. I think a little investigation might find a great source like this in many locals for others on the forum.

15. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I was looking at getting a Berkey as well, but I was thinking about only using the flouride filter. I'm still a bit confused about whether we should be filtering out the lead and other junk as well.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I just checked Berkley's website. I didn't know that they now have an add-on filter for fluoride! Maybe it's new, or I just overlooked it before.
    KJ, I'm sure we don't need the lead and other junk... But filtering would get rid of the minerals we do need. In my situation, it is most important that I avoid the fluoride pollution, however. I'll just have to get my minerals elsewhere, while I'm in the city. Hard water from an unpolluted (untreated) well would be optimal, and I plan on accessing better water in the future.

17. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I don't think the flouride filter is new as I have been looking at these for about a year. I know we need the minerals but I'm currently doing chelation for heavy metals and lead was huge for me on my provocation test. Lesser of two evils? How to decide?