1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Boron

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by chocolate, Jul 16, 2012.

1. We buy the Ancient Minerals brand but I can't remember where. We bought a dozen large bags (around 5# each) and we are still using them. DH makes up the oil and it's so potent!

2. Grizz

Grizz New Member

I would like to ask the $64,000 question:

Has anyone actually cured their arthritis pain with Boron ?

I know it is a touted subject in the many documents I've seen, but I'm wondering if this repeatable with real people.
    I have several people suffering with joint pain trying out Boron to see if it really helps, or not... but no results yet after 2 weeks.

Many thanks,
    Grizz

3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Grizz....I'm going to try and get my husband to try some....he's travelling for the next few weeks, but he will start after that...he has RA. I've started finger dipping into the borax to see about sleep....worked very well the first night. I'm trying to wean myself off melatonin. I always take mag. before bed. Still having issues with dehydration.

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

The Ancient Minerals brand is great for magnesium baths and making your own oil. I find the oil too itchy to use very often, but love soaking in it.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I tried some Borax last nite. I forgot to take it before bed and was having trouble falling asleep...I finally remembered and got up to get some. The trouble is - I had to turn lites on to find it and then figure out how to open the container! [I always have trouble opening stuff!]
    The last thing I remember is going to the bathroom and getting back into bed.....I don't think I was up again until 7am.

I will definitely pay more attention tonite......

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you just soak your feet in it? or put it in your bath?

7. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Seahorse,
    I recently discovered that Boron does not hit the bulls eye for arthritis. It is a big factor, but no cigar. The central issue is low PH as in "acidosis." When a person has low PH, the body steals nutrients & minerals from the bones, joints, brain & other parts of the body to try & keep the Blood PH at 7.2.... I will wager that his urine and saliva PH are WELL BELOW 7.2 and when he starts boron, it will help to raise the PH. But not enough. He needs a change of diet, liquids & minerals to raise his PH to a normal 7.2. More here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels

Grizz

8. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Anyone has links to onli stores that sell Borax or Boron without aditives ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Seahorse .... has C/T not helped your DH with his R/A? I used to have a huge amount of pain from arthritis etc. and now I am pain free and have been for quite awhile. It is the diet too I suppose.....altho I was paleo off and on for years.

10. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

Dark cherries, broccoli florets, grape juice (grape wine?), apple sauce, peaches, unpeeled apples, potatoes, cinnamon, onion flakes, and parsley flakes are apparently good sources of boron.

Seems like it might be a good idea to condition the garden soil with boron, not too much though. Avocados apparently do not do well in boron deficient areas.

11. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

13. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

I couldn't definitively find out how much boron is in, say, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.

Milk of magnesia has very high levels of boron but I couldn't tell if it was a natural constituent or added by the manufacturer.. I wonder what the arthritis rate is of people who consume M.o.M. regularly.
    This reminds me that I have a recipe for making Magnesium Bicarbonate Water by dissolving Milk of Magnesia in a bottle of Seltzer water. That's great if it contains boron, too. http://www.afibbers.org/Wallerwater.pdf

Boron in Personal Care Products
    http://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/49029/PDF

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I copied the values they determined for three things so here goes.
    parsley flakes (26.878 mg/kg),
    ground cinnamon (10.370 mg/kg); one teaspoon is 6 grams =
    dried onion flakes (6.573 mg/kg),

More values are mentioned here .
    Apologies I gave you a nonfunctional and incorrect link . Here is the correct one . Page 13 onwards talks about Boron in food

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp26-c6.pdf
    I make my cinnamon water by leaching out the cinnamon bark .ie I simmer the bark for an hour,add citric acid and leave it in the fridge over night. The liquid must be reddish brown,teh darker the better .

Apologies I gave you a nonfunctional incorrect link . Here is the correct one .

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp26-c6.pdf

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  15. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Borax raises PH and is frequently used in swimming pools for this reason. Boron supplements also raises PH in humans.

It is impossible to find any good links correlating how much Born raises the urine PH. So the best I have is a theory that Boron cures arthritis because it raises the PH level, There are many links stating that LOW PH acidosis is responsible for many diseases, including arthritis. So that Boron cures arthritis by raising the PH level.

It is known and well documented that Boric Acid can raise water PH levels to 9 and is used by cancer patients in helping to cure their cancer. I guess I will just have to test the effects of boron on urine PH myself to find out for sure.

Grizz

16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I missed (forgot) taking boron with my magnesium at bedtime for 4-5 days.

Last night I did take some and let me tell you that I slept like a zombie! You know, when you wake up with the side of your face covered in creases from the pillowcase? :rolleyes:

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been adding a pinch of borax to my water, along with my lugols and celtic sea salt.

I definitely am finding some benefits including great sleep...

18. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Please let us know which borax brand you are using.

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

20 mule borax

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I seem to be sleeping like a zombie too ...altho I am having trouble falling asleep ...so last nite I took the borax about 1 hour before bed and fell asleep pretty quickly - actually - I don't remember much!