1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bonnie's Journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Bonniebelle, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Bonniebelle

Bonniebelle New Member

I had my labs drawn on Tuesday and will be doing my saliva test in the next few days. It will be a few weeks before I have the results and the earliest I could get in to have an appointment with the doctor is Dec. 4....until then I will keep plugging along. Some days I start to get discouraged that my weight keeps plateauing in spite of being very low carb and staying on the protocol. How can my body not be losing weight? Then I remember that I did not get here to this point overnight. It was years in the making and it is not going to turn around overnight. It is a process and no matter how much I would prefer that I lose the weight quickly, I have to trust the process and have faith that the weight will come off in it's own time and keep following the plan and doing what I can to support this process.

I had a good CT session this morning after my BAB and water...the water temp was a brisk 46 degrees....brrr. I stayed in for an hour which is the longest that I have been able to manage so far and this was the coldest water temp so far. I filled the tub last night and let it sit overnight and since the temperature has dropped I guess the water temperature in the tub is a little colder. I feel invigorated now but it took me a while to warm up. I can't say that I enjoy the CT sessions yet, I really really dread doing them. I have to really psyche myself up to get in. Once I'm in the cold water I tell myself that it is not so bad...I try to read, watch a webinar or do some meditation to keep my mind off the cold and how badly I want to jump out and put on some warm fuzzy pjs and dive into the covers or go sit in a sauna. Someday I hope that I will start to enjoy the CT sessions and look forward to them! Until then, I will keep at it :)

I'm off to do grocery shopping at Earth Fare, Whole Foods and Publix and may stop by Organic Harvest as well. Each store has a little something the other stores don't have, so I am stuck going to all of them to get all the things I need. I just found out the other day that both Whole Foods and Organic Harvest have RO water!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Bonnie .... You are doing great with C/T! Reducing inflammation. :)