1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Body Voltage Meter experiences

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Martin, Apr 25, 2013.

1. RayB

RayB New Member

nonchalant, From info that I have gathered, grounding will lower or completely remove body voltage 'cuz grounding puts your body at the same potential as the ground. Since we are using the ground as the reference voltage for all of our BV measurements, when our potential becomes equal with the reference voltage we seemingly fix things. In essence what we have done is taken a static skin voltage and converted it to current. Which is more damaging? IMHO, it's anybodies guess. According to Michael N., remediating the source of the BV is the first and best option then, when all else fails, ground.

BTW, the potential of ground is always assumed to be zero but in reality, it is not. But we have to use something as a reference and it is as good as anything. If it were zero, how could we source free electrons from it or where would lightning get it's electrons from or send it's electrons to?

2. Martin

Martin Gold

Thanks, RayB, I was hoping I could retrofit a bus bar, but haven't been out to shop. A decent clamp meter is next on the list o' tools.

3. Martin

Martin Gold

RayB, it sounds like nonchalant is referring to grounding the sauna structure itself? Neuert shows us how grounding a computer's case shunts the voltage to ground so it won't use our body as a conduit, so if the sauna can be grounded, it would do the same?

4. RayB

RayB New Member

You're probably right...sometimes I go off on a tangent.

The sauna itself can't be grounded...it's a wooden cabinet.

I would imagine that the effectiveness of grounding a computer's case would vary depending on the design of the case. An all metal case with very few openings/penetrations seems like it would act as shielding when grounded. Plastic case...not so much. Typically laptops are not directly connected to line current. They use a transformer. If they did use line current a metal case would be grounded already in accordance with UL rating.