1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bluelightblocking- blue light visible from the sides

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Sara S, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Sara S

Sara S New Member

Hello everyone! :)

I have been trying to find an answer to this question for a quite a while now. I have even reached out to several blueblocking eyeglass companies (Ra-optics for instance), but it seems like noone want to adress this question.

Blue-blocking glasses blocks bluelight from the front, but not from the sides. When one turns one's head sideways you see the bluelight. Doesn't the light that gets through from the sides suppress the secretion of melatonin? or is it a non isssue?

2. Of course the side light is a compromise. As you learn to eliminate all the sources of bad light, it becomes easier. If I am out of my home environment during dawn or dusk, I were a panama hat with blue blockers to avoid the street lights, hall lights or even at a party.

Sara S likes this.
  3. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

4. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  5. Sara S

Sara S New Member

Thank you for ur reply! :) we have eliminated all the sources of bad light inside our home, but it's when I am outside walking our dog or at a friends house that I need to block the blue light. I use blueblocking glasses with side protection when I am out with our dog, but I would prefare to wear something less nerd looking when I am with friends ;)

8Phoenix likes this.
  6. Sara S

Sara S New Member

Thank you so much! These are actually the eyeglasses that I wear when I am outside walking our dog:), but I was hoping that I could wear something cooler looking when I am with friends.

7. Sara S

Sara S New Member

Thank you for your reply Dan! This is precisely what I have been trying to find out, if the angle the light enters the retina somehow make a difference. Hopefully someone here can confirm that @Jack Kruse has adressed this question before.

8. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

9. Tom Win

Tom Win New Member

I started to wear laser dewalt red glasses and people in work and people give me looks like im bad shit crazy. But actually they are.