1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blueblockers for driving?

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by LieselK, Feb 21, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

So I have the amber glasses and I have the red ones- they fit over my prescription eyeglasses. I don't remember exactly what I purchased, just that they were recommended ones. But... I can't wear them and see to drive at night. I plan to get prescription glasses tinted through RA Optic- will those work for driving? What can I do until I can get those ordered?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

don't drive at night

WalterNL and LieselK like this.
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

More like in the morning on your way to work. These new headlights are so bright now I have to adjust my mirrors to reduce the brightness.

Cheryl. and LieselK like this.
  4. kris90

kris90 New Member

I use blue blockers to drive to work in the winter when it's pitch black out. Not ideal, but I don't want bright headlights shining in my eye.

Soon I won't have to worry about this, because I won't be working a desk job in the city.

Sean Waters and LieselK like this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I figured you'd say that! Thankfully it isn't required often. Last night was because of kids and school... yet another reason to homeschool...

6. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I wear blue blockers after sunset on the road. It wasnt easy at first but after a year of doing it Im used to it. Then again if you have bad night vision I could imagine it might be pretty dangerous.

Cheryl. likes this.
  7. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Preferably what Jack Kruse said, but otherwise I don't wear blue blockers while driving. They make me sleepy

8. Theka

Theka Gold

We wear amber ones if we must drive at night......and my son wears them early bicyling to the train station. Some of the new headlights are just painful and there are no laws here about maximum brightness. We find the darker ones block too much to drive safely.

Cheryl. likes this.
  9. Zeke

Zeke Platinum

10. Zeke

Zeke Platinum

I now wear the UBEX orange computer glasses for driving at night

Much better for blocking headlights

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

be careful that you do not fall asleep driving!!!

Cheryl., Theka and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  12. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Daytime yellow tints from raoptics would be okay for driving too. It might not give the full protection but at least you can see everything on road quite clearly. They also wouldn’t make you feel drowsy too

LieselK likes this.
  13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I just got mine in the mail on Monday!

Cheryl. and Theka like this.