1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blue light filter

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by healthy2015, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Happy new year to everyone.

I have come across this company online that sell blue light filters, has anyone purchased from them or heard of them and if their products are any good?

https://www.fiara.com.au/shop/tv-anti-blue-light-filter/

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Good enough to watch TV during the day but not at night. Second picture, top graph indicates filtration rates.

This is a much better option but I don't know if it's good enough to watch TV after sunset ; http://www.uvps.com/product.asp?code=FILTER+++L

3. nicld

nicld Gold

I made filters with this and I LOVE it.

4. Terminator & Nicld - thanks for the reply - I am not too sure which one to purchase?
    Did you purchase the filter rolls with adhesive or without? Are they suitable to put on flat screen TVs & Computers? (they won't damage the screens?)
    How long are these filters used for, will the need replacing regularly?
    Sorry for all the questions :)
    Thanks

5. nicld

nicld Gold

6. Terminator

Terminator New Member

I don't own any TV's and never had to use the filters. I use flux on my computer at 1200K setting. Sorry, I cannot answer your other questions with certainty.

7. Thank you both for your replies

Nicld - do you know if the amber film are suitable to use after sunset?

8. nicld

nicld Gold

I use it in the evenings. Still need to get the brightness down on the TV's but it says that it blocks 99% of the bad light. If that is enough after sunset, not sure but I cannot imagine using a TV in evening without it now. The glasses from LowBlueLights.com say that they block of 95%.

9. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Specs provided are not sufficient to judge if OK or not with certainty. The film color is amber, more than likely this film will filter a large portion of the blue.

10. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

i just buy UVEX safety Blue Blockers glasses. really cheap like $5-$10 at night and call it a day or night since i wear them at night.