1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blue blocking contacts

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Zach Sharp, May 4, 2019.

1. Zach Sharp

Zach Sharp New Member

Are these a thing that exists?

Cannot seem to find them anywhere.

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Contacts are no good, blue blocking or otherwise.

3. Zach Sharp

Zach Sharp New Member

Yes. I am aware, but there are certain times its not acceptable to wear dark glasses at night, such as a later shift job

4. Anne V

Anne V Gold

would clear blue block be ok @night?

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Clear blueblockers are better than nothing, but never optimal! Contact lenses are never acceptable.
    If you cannot wear the red or orange glasses for your work would a heavier yellow tint be acceptable? Maybe you coulf structure your work so that you can wear them for the last part of the shift at least?

6. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

RaOptics would have you believe that their new daytime clear lenses are just as good as their prior yellow lenses. Still hoping someone will provide a spectrograph image of what they actually block.

7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

When I had the Shamir Blue Zero lenses that were also clear I saw at best a 3% diminishment in the blue spectrum wearing them for one day. Did not pass my eye test and followed Jack's advice to return. If I looked at the transmittance graph closer before ordering I would've never ordered in the first place. I believe we'll be seeing a growing industry of these functionally fraudulent glasses. As Yuri Bezmenov states once people are demoralized they will not be able to see reality even when it's in front of their own eyes. "Consume" and "obey" may be the most deployed subliminal command of the past 50 years.